1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa 13

Apr 9, 2005

1. ... I'm not sure, but even if you go to dolpa, there's still not a guarantee that you'll get one of the limiteds (if they sell out)

2. Yeah, the verbiage is a little quirky on the Volks site, but it sounds like if you get in Line A for the limiteds, you're still not guarenteed a doll, you're just guaranteed the "chance* to get a doll.

And man, that auction for Arashi is almost *double* his Dolpa price.

That's not scalping, that's downright *beheading!* :x :x :x

Lia

3. well, it's always been volks policy in the past that if you stand in the "doll line" that you aren't guaranteed to get a doll. If they sell out before they get to you, then :(...

however lately Volks has been doing things like letting everyone who didnt get one of the dolls "preorder" right at the event, (but obviously you have to wait for a month or 3 until the doll is made for you). But this way everyone who goes who wanted one, gets one.

4. Anyone else notice that Arashi's looks like an exact smaller version of Tsukasa?
      -want-

5. ditto *also wants*

6. This is probably a silly question--or at least one that everyone but me knows the answer to--but do you have to register and/or create an account with Volks before you can try to order anything at the after event?

Lia

7. Lia I think it's much better to do it before you order from them, since they'll be asking all that info anyways.

8. Thanks--I started to register earlier today, but when I read:

> Membership
      > We do not have any membership service for overseas customers at the moment.
      > We also do not send any Direct Mail (DM) internationally.
      > Web Point service is only for purchase in domestic.Thank you for your understanding.

... it just made me wonder if that meant you could only register if you resided in Japan. Thanks for the info!

Lia

9. I registered a while back just to make shopping easier, but I never get any "sales" e-mails or anything, and we're not eligible for the whole "points" thing (unlike, at say, eluts where everybody gets points). That being said, I'm not sure how that may or may not be useful for after-event stuff ^_^;

10. Lia go ahead and register, I just clicked on new web users registration and that page is working. Incidently, I was doing a mock order and it did ask me to register before placing order. So yes, you would need to pre-register.

11. When are we then eligible for points?
      What type of products is it applicable towards?

12. Hmm, I don't do that much overseas shopping, but it seems like:
      #1. Volks doesn't offer points for international shoppers. :cow
      #2. Luts does, and you can use them just like real money. (Of course, you can't use them on the transaction you earned them on..) Maybe take a bite out of that shipping fee. ;)
      #3. I believe Customhouse does points, and right now they're doing something weird where they give you extra points because their system is tacking on an extra fee for credit cards. :?
      #4. I'm pretty sure Souldoll has a points system as well. Souldoll shoppers?

13. Thanks, guys! I went ahead and registered, and put an order in for some wig spray just to make sure everything went through ok. I got an immediate email saying my order had been approved and completed, so guess I'm good to go!

I guess maybe the benefit during the after event would be that registered users, once logged in, don't have to spend time entering their contact info?

Lia

14. Gah! I just saw mimi... I aways loved her but... now... with this new make-up... I want her sooo much! Better forgeting her anyway XD I know I won't be able to get her.

15. That would be wonderful! I'm going to Dolpa and will try to get Heath, but I've been quite worried that I won't be one of the lottery winners. I wouldn't mind waiting 3 months for a preordered Heath to be made. However, if I can't get him directly from Volks I won't get him at all, as I won't support scalpers selling dolls at inflated prices without the manufacturer guarantee. If I can get Heath he'll be my first BJD, after years of lurking and looking at other people's dolls, so I've got my fingers crossed.

16. Can someone tell me more about the "kneeling legs" Liz has?

17. :grin: Liz can sit in the same way the SDC can like Kaede does on the Volks promo pictures with her legs "spread" sideways like and feet pointing forward.

18. Just so everyone knows, Heath's got a riding crop, not a whip....a really BIG riding crop, but still.....

19. OK, maybe I'm stupid or clueless or both:

I thought that in order to get one of the Dolpa13 dolls on first-sale, one must attend Dolpa and get in line by lottery, and one gets tickets while in line that day, so one has no idea beforehand whether they will get a chance to buy the doll; yes or no?

If it's "yes", then how does this "entreprenurial" person guarantee to have the dolls to sell at these already well-hiked-up prices???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84635&item=5574733361&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84635&item=5574733086&rd=1

20. Just a guess, but the price may be to cover what this person may have to pay someone who DID win a doll, to get it for the winning bidder... :|