1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa 2 in NYC ~ Masha in on her way! updated Aug 1st

Jan 12, 2007

1. Am I was wondering if I'm attending and I want to order her for a friend who can't attend can I have her mailed to my friend or does the shipping address have to match the cc billing address?

2. So how do they decide? First come, first serve? Do you know when they actually take the orders? Upon registration the first day? Sorry for all the questions, I've never been lucky enough to attend one of these parties before. I will be so crushed if I don't get her. I'm coming 3,000 miles for this event! I'm probably not the only one, but I so hope I can get one.

Jay

3. Are those high heeled feet? I'm so excited, thanks AM!
      btw, I love your name ;)
      Anna Marie

4. Am,

Sorry to trouble you...if one downloads the form from the FDQ site and submits it, is that allowed, or do you have to be an FDQ subscriber?

I mean...could I just complete the form and send it off for a chance? I know the likelihood is not very high...

Jessica in the UK

5. It's my understanding that those subscribing to FDQ will have their applications processed before others (after the Dolpa).

Jay

6. Hi, Everyone!

As of right now, this is the last, final, most up-to-date word on how the preorders for Masha will be handled at Dolpa NYC:

~Bruce (Lowly FDQ volunteer for Dolpa NYC II)

7. Hi, Everyone!

Hating to be such a pest, but here's more news fresh across the Pacific Ocean from Kyoto:

(Bold and Italics added by me for emphasis)

Yes, there are photos!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sarah's story just impressed me all to bits, and Volks seems to do so on a fairly regular basis. They've just done it again with this touching message and gorgeous and well-chosen little doll.

~Bruce (Your lowly FDQ/Dolpa NYCII Volunteer)

8. Bruce,
      Do you know if we have to be there on Saturday to "put our name in the bowl" or Sunday only? I'm not doing any classes, so I hadn't planned on there, though I am going to the FIT museum on Saturday, so I can stop by if we need to do it on Saturday.

And Sunday around 2? I thought we didn't need to be there until around 3?

9. Hi, NofunAngie!

From what I've read (Which is exactly what I posted) and is all I know, names will start going into the bowl - and onto the list - on Saturday. Obviously, not every name on the list will translate into a sold doll. (It would probably be helpful if folks who _don't_ want Masha to let us know so we can mark you down as "Pass". That would open up spots for people who are going to love her.) Depending on how many people have preordered the dolls before 2:00 Sunday, we'll draw more names at that time.

Based on that, I'd think it advisable to drop by sometime Saturday or early Sunday if you can, just to pick up your pin, share a moment with other Super Dollfie lovers - and drop your name into that bowl! 3:00 to 3:30 would be a great time to arrive for dinner, some chat and a relaxed review of one-offs!

~Bruce

10. Just some random info & thoughts:

Registration / IDs
      Please bring your Volks confirmation email and photo ID. If you’re bringing a guest, be sure they also have their photo ID. (Even after registering, keep those 2 documents with you in case you misplace your Dolpa Pin.)

Besides the Volks staff, there will be 10 Volunteers on hand to help out. The volunteers will have special IDs, so if you need anything, just look for us.

The Room
      This year’s Dolpa is in the same room as last years’ event. Anyone who attended will probably tell you that the room got very cold as the day went on. Really, we froze. So please bring a sweater or jacket, maybe socks, a blanket … I’m telling you it was cold.

The room is huge and has attached restrooms, plus three smaller rooms along one wall. As of this date, the Volks classes will be held in those rooms. Each room has windows that face the main room, I’m guessing this is where you’ll watch a class.

Last year, one of these rooms was used for the SD Doctor. I was told it had poor ventilation and became very warm. Since it’s one of the classrooms – I wanted you to know.

The Photography Class that Pat Henry is teaching will be on a different floor than the main room. It’s her regular classroom. More info on that to come.

The Event
      Saturday is dedicated to classes. If you’re not signed up for any, you may want to stop by anyway. You can pre-register for Sunday and I’m pretty sure tables will be set up so you can enjoy an informal doll party of your own.

Sunday. The first part of the day is FCS and Beauty Salon Service. The Main Event doesn’t begin untill 4pm (if you don’t plan to register Saturday, then please do so by 3:30 Sunday). As of now, it is my understanding that no dolls will be on display untill the Main Event at 4pm.

Last year (I think) Volks brought 11 One Offs. All attendees received 1 ticket for themselves and 1 ticket for their Guest to enter this lottery. Volks has not revealed how many One Offs there’ll be there this year.
      There is also a One Off Charity Auction. This is a silent auction. Volks will tell you what the starting bid is – and then you write in your bid (on a form that you’ll get when you register). The highest bidder wins the doll. This winner is usually announced after the One Off Lottery.

FDQ Event Doll: pre orders will be taken on Sunday (the doll will be shipped at a later date). If you live in NY, you will have to pay NY state sales tax (because the doll is being sold through FDQ). This also applies to One Offs & any other items that Volks is selling. (At least it did last year).

Last year we played BINGO. The prizes included some Sei Tenshi, LE Dolls, wigs, outfits, shoes and everyone’s favorite … postcards. We're not sure if BINGO will be one of the games played this year.

There is always a chance you’ll get lucky and go home with a doll. If you’re travelling, please be prepared. Bring an extra bag so you can carry it on.
      I got lucky last year and won a One Off. I already had a tubular doll bag with me – so the doll went in there. I collapsed the box and stuck it and the futons in my (checked) luggage. A last resort would be to pack the body in your luggage and bring the head on the plane. Just want you to think about it.

Getting around New York City:
      Bus/Subway fair is $2.00 one-way. You can purchase a MetroCard at any subway station and in some stores. It looks like a credit card. Metrocards can be used on both buses and subways. You need a Metrocard to ride the subway.
      You can pay cash on the bus – but they don’t take dollar bills – only coins (no pennies).
      Metrocard Info:
      http://www.mta.info/metrocard/mcgtreng.htm

You can hail a cab on any corner, just raise your hand when you see an empty one coming. If it’s light (on the roof) is lit, it’s empty. As far as I know, they only take cash. You’re expected to tip the driver 15%-20% of your fair.

Am’s Dollie Tour - a nice walking/shopping dollie experience.

Begin at 42nd St & 5th Ave, stay on the east side of the street and walk uptown (the street numbers go up).
      1st Stop: Build-a-Bear at 5th Ave / 46th Street
      http://www.buildabear.com/NYC/
      The clothes are too wide for BJDs but sometimes you get lucky with the props.
      Then go right next door – you can also cut through the store in the back to …

2nd Stop: Friends 2 B Made
      http://www.friends2bmade.com/aboutus/contactus/findastore/nyc/Default.aspx
      If you don’t already know it, Friends 2 B Made outfits fit most MSD sized BJDs perfectly and they’re so reasonably priced too.

3rd Stop: American Girl Place at 5th Ave / 50th Street
      http://www.americangirlplace.com/agp_ny_splash.php
      -be sure to go to the 3rd floor, the historical section. They do have a café in here but you usually need a reservation.
      (BTW – directly across the street is Rockefeller Plaza – worth taking a peek … it goes from 49th – 50th Streets / between 5th & 6th Avenues, (in certain places of the city 6th Ave is also called Avenue of the Americas – don’t let it confuse you).

As you continue up 5th Ave you’ll pass St. Patrick Cathedral, The Disney Store (@55th St) and your next stop …

4th Stop: FAO Schwarz 5th Ave / 58th Street
      http://www.nyctourist.com/faoschwarz1.htm
      -the doll section is on the 2nd floor.

And it ends at Central Park, right across the street
      5th Ave and 59th St … if you still have any energy left.

And there is a huge Toys R Us at 1514 Broadway in Time Square.

If you do have an afternoon to spend in Central Park, my favorite route is to enter on the west side at Central Park West and 72nd Street. You’ll pass the ‘Imagine’ mosiac (dedicated to John Lenon) and walk through Strawberry Fields on your way to Bethesda Fountain, one of the prettiest parts of the city. If you still feel like wandering, head around the lake northward to Belvedere Castle and wander through Shakespeare Garden. This will lead you out around 86th Street and Central Park West.

All Volks/FDQ links are at the bottom of this post for your convenience.
      Hope that helps.

11. bumping for Toppi info

12. I agree with Bruce ... I think if it's not inconvenient, it'd be a good idea to stop by Saturday and register for the event, get any updates and then go and enjoy your day.

Sunday - if you've already registered, the event starts at 4pm, but I recommend coming a few minutes early so you can find your friends, chose your table, and put your bags in the cloak room if necessary. If you haven't registered then do be there by 3:30.
      -Am

13. Sorry I'm a little behind, I'm at Dollectibles this weekend and am only able to get online in the evenings.

AreeElf
      I don't think that will be a problem. When you fill out your order form, be sure to list your billing address and the address you want it shipped to. Just be clear about it so there are no problems. I'm not sure how the sales tax would work in that situation but you can ask Pat when you get there.

Jay
      If you haven't seen Paleonaturist's first post in this thread, have a look. It's explained there.

Elle
      It doesn't say if Masha has high-heeled feet - but those boots are killer!
      And thank you so much ... actually it's Annmarie - Annamarie was my Grandma.

glass_mountain
      Yes you can download (the order form for masha) and submit to FDQ. Just understand that Attendees get first dib, then FDQ subscribers and then everyone else. Good luck. (And thanks Jay).

14. I LOVE those boots. At first Ii was just really excited about Masha. Then I read that the outfit was included!!! Now I am bouncing off the walls :) :fangirl:

btw, my first name is Anna Marie (two words tho!)

15. The Charity auction in memory of Sarah is so touching *needs kleenex now* :sorry
      This amazing Toppi girl is so angelic and lovely; a perfect choice for a tribute to the strength and loving nature of Sarah. I think this is the most wonderful Toppi I have ever seen. I became aware of Sarah because of her Toppi and then her Emma; the 2 dolls we have in common.
      What a sweet and generous way for Volks to continue the connections they made with Sarah. Such an open heart this company has :aheartbea No wonder I am so very hooked on their dolls. It is a rare thing to see a company founded on love, respect, and generosity.
      I wonder if there is a way for non attendees to send notes for the tribute table.

16. one more question about the drawing. will you be drawing the numbers from the bowl on Saturday afternoon, evening, or Sunday, as some attendees (like myself) cannot get to NY until Saturday mid to late afternoon to add their names to the drawing bowl. (also, some attendees that did not get into the workshops were planning on coming only on Sunday and I'm sure would not want to miss the opportunity to have a chance at Masha.

not trying to add to the confusion, but the post about the drawing reads:

"Depending on how many people have preordered the dolls before 2:00 Sunday, we'll draw more names at that time."

suggests that there will be an earlier drawing, then if there anyleft over, an additional drawing on Sunday.

so please have the first drawing at a time when everyone that wants to enter can have a reasonable chance to enter the first drawing. not everyone can leave for NY until Saturday morning.

thanks, Barb

17. Not sure if it was posted yet, but Volks opened up a lovely page for Sarah here, with more photos of the adorable Toppi charity one-off. :) Thanks again to Bruce for giving us the scoop last night!

18. sorry AM and Pat, might as well ask one more question that I haven't found any posts about in regards to the lottery for Masha. By attendees entering the drawing, do you mean registered attendees and their guests can enter their names, or just the attendees (where the odds are slightly better for getting her, not that I have ever won anything except a year's supply of brocolli and cauliflower at the stop and shop). - Barb

19. I hope this is different than last year’s event and only the attendees are giving the first chance of getting her and if she doesn’t sell out maybe the guess can try for her.

Geri

20. This is how Pat explained it to me ... I had to read it twice.

'They put the names into the bowl on both days.
      Sunday afternoon, we tell them (the Attendees) to check the list and if they are on the list, they get to buy a doll. Doesn't matter when they show up as long as they show up on Sunday. Those who pass on the doll go off the list and we move on to either more names in the bowl, or if there are none, then we notify those who sent in order forms that they can buy a doll.
      So, you have to be there SUNDAY for sure to find out. No exceptions. It's very simple - check in with us (FDQ) at the table at 2pm.'

I hope that helps.
      -Am