1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa 2 in NYC ~ Masha in on her way! updated Aug 1st

Jan 12, 2007

1. Guests, at Volks, events have always been treated as Attendees (at U.S. events anyway). It's my understanding that a guest can enter their name in the bowl if they wish to.

2. Okay, so it does make a difference weather you put your name in the bowl on Saturday or Sunday just so long as you name is in the bowl by Sunday at 2pm?:sweat
      ~Anthony

3. Yes - that's it in a nutshell.

4. Yay, Thanks Am:fangirl: So I'll make sure to get there at around 1pm on Saturday;)
      ~Anthony

5. Hmmm...that is rather inconvenient for me unfortunately. :( I'm not registered for Saturday and most likely can't make it there. Is it possible to have a friend who is registered for Saturday put my name in?

6. The Beautiful Doll
      Remember, if you're taking a class, they begin at 1 - so come earlier cause you'll need to register and pick up your kit.

zalem
      As long as you register and get your name in that bowl by Sunday at 2pm - you'll be OK.

7. That is so sensitive and warm-hearted of the Volks family to have this lovely tribute to Sarah. Such a wonderful thing to do. They are a very special company lead by very special and kind people. Thank you for this.

I know the pretty Toppi will go sky high, but it will be for a very good cause.

Jay

8. Oh - my guest wont be there until 3:30 on sunday and she wants a chance at the Masha I think - Alex

9. Just to post some miscellaneous info from Volks, Masha's name is actually pronounced "Marsha".

This is from the good folks at the LA Dolpa, who will be attending the Tea Party. The LA Store will be closed this weekend.

10. About the taxi info posted and cash only, I have been using my credit card on cab fares when in NY. Most of them seem to take it, but ask when you get in just to be sure.
      Pam in D.C.

11. There is a chance I cannot make it there to put my name in personally by 2pm on Sunday or any time before then, so I am wondering if it is it possible to have a friend attending Saturday put my name in for me? Or is that not allowed...

12. Those LE kimonos are absolutely GORGEOUS! I take it there's no chance someone not attending the event can buy one? The wording is a little strange, but it sounds like they are all one-offs anyway. Ohh, I wish Volks would make more of those! The dark blue one and the pink one are so pretty!

13. It's not that they are one-off but rather the materials used make each kimono slightly unique

14. I'm sorry, another really stupid quesion:sweat But does anyone know exactly what we will need to bring for the photography class? Should I bring one of my dolls and my camera?
      ~Anthony

15. I've asked and the 'powers that be' said the following:
      'Each attendee fills out one form when they arrive, only for themselves. We are giving more than adequate time, well into the second day for people who are really interested to get their and sign up.'

Sorry,
      Am

16. Oh well, I can try to make it. Thanks for asking. Though I'm wondering....on the Volks USA site it says the Dinner party registration is at 3:30pm. If that's the case, it would be pretty much impossible to put my name in before 2pm since you said I must be registered first. Is it possible to register sometime in the morning put my name in for the doll and then come back later for the dinner?

17. zalem
      If you haven't registered by 3:30 for the dinner party - that's your last chance. FDQ volunteers will be manning the registration table and someone should be there all day ... if not at the table, then guarding the door.
      -Am

18. Am, would you know how the LE items will be sold? Will it be a lottery to get a number place in line to purchase them?

19. Sorry I have no info on that.
      Am