1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa Kyoto3 : after event !

Mar 29, 2005

1. ... there are still some Kurenai available. :oops:

2. Crap, now I'm going to be sitting here looking at Cyndy over and over until she miraculously flips back into stock. @__@

3. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THANK YOU MAGIC DOLL FAIRY! I LOVE YOU!

I GOT TO ORDER MY CYNDYYYYYYY!

My hands are all shaky ... ahhhhh ...

4. Yeay for you!! :D

5. My heart is pounding furiously.

I got my second chance ... when I heard here that they were popping in-stock randomly, I went to check ...

and Kurenai was in stock with a little bit left over.

I JUST ORDERED KURENAI!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!! :D :D :D

POSABILITY DREAM DOLL AT VOLKS PRICE!!!!!

I'm shaking so much, I want to faint!

6. Hey guys, I know its dissappointing to have the servers not be able to keep up, and having errors and such... but Volks really does care about international customers. I think they are just recently realizing just how much there are international (who want Volks dolls). When I visited Volks they seemed surprised at how many people in other countries loved the dolls the way they do. They are trying their best, IMHO. Obviously there is no REAL way for me to know what volks thinks or whether they are really trying their best. But all I can tell you is how I feel based on visiting them, and talking to their President and other employees there.

There must have been a HUGE amount of people hitting that site from all over the world when it went up. We aren't the only ones attempting to go on the site.
      When I visited Volks they said there was only like one lady trying to translate all the pages for English. She tries very hard, but it's so much to keep up with! Volks is still a relatively small company.

The President is aware of how international customers really want their dolls. I think that Volks is really trying to move towards having more things for international customers. Just that we are able to attempt to order these special limited dolls online, internationally like this, WE SHOULD FEEL LUCKY. Not "volks should feel lucky that we want to spend money on their dolls! They're very aware, and very proud that international people love their dolls. Just in this past few months we've seen a lot of advancements in international business that Volks does.
      At the special event at Tenshi No Sato recently, the Volks President kept talking about international fans...! I really think that we should try to keep this in perspective. I want, just as much, or more so, than anyone here, for Volks to pay more attention to international fans. But please, try not to get TOO pissed off, try to look at it from the perspective of how much progress has been made over the past few years. It used to be that we couldnt buy ANY DOLLS AT ALL without going through a shopping service. That was just a few years ago! I really think that volks is trying. Lets try and be patient. THey can't help but notice how fast things sell out or how much interest they are getting.

And really it is THEIR company and THEIR decision! Until recently we couldnt order special event dolls like this online! Volks already makes a lot of money. They are not out to make "tons of money", If so they could just hold auctions for all the limited dolls and make a mint, couldn't they!? I really think that after visiting them, I really honestly feel that they care very deeply about their company and their dolls. Remember that Volks limiteds sold out AT the dolpa too you know. They dont just make tons of dolls... it's not like they're saying "lets put 1 on the international site because we hate international people! haha!"

to stop ranting though... huge congrats to everyone who WAS able to place an order!! I hope that in the future VOlks' site will be easier to use, and that more people will be successful!

7. Everyone go try again...I tried for a while and Boom...there she was Cindy back in stock...god knows how I will pay but I ordered her!
      Just 15 minutes ago....

but am wondering how shipping could be $ 107 ??? anyone else have shipping that high???

8. Congrats! I can't wait to see pics of her once she arrives! :D

9. Meep, that's high! Volks shipping is always high, though. I found my receipt for my first MSD and the shipping charge was $55. Kurenai's shipping was $75. (why she doesn't cost the same to ship as an MSD, I've no idea). I swear the shipping fee for a fullsize SD used to be $65 or so. It must've gone up.

10. Well, the price has gone up on just about everything.

When I ordered my T. Too & Bee-a from DOD September, the S&H was only about $50 (it may have been as low as $35 - I can't remember).

The S&H for Kurenai, like you've mentioned, came to $75.

11. Seems weird, though, as the prices have always been in yen so they're not affected by fluctuating exchange rates. I dunno, maybe it has something to do with overhead or somesuch. (Guess someone has to pack all those boxes and someone has to pay them to do it...)

12. Yes it seemed high but I willingly paid...lol... It is expensive and I suppose with fuel going up, and paying someone to pack etc. its not awful but I was used to $45 from Luts and Crescent

Now I am getting really excited.

Thank you Aimee for the positive words, thats what made me go back to the site and keep trying. It is easy to be discouraged and give up

I cant wait to see the new skin resin... about how long does it take to get the dolls ?

13. It's weird about the shipping--I remember people complaining after the last int'l after party that shipping was high ($100 or so, IIRC) and then later I tried putting Yori into a shopping cart to check shipping and it was only like ... $80. So I dunno ... seems a little weird that it's over $100. But I'll pay it. Heck--the exchange rate's good and it's still cheaper than buying on the secondary market!

I'm wondering if Volks didn't like ... stagger the availability. Like, make 5 orders available at first and then 5 more some minutes later ... something like that? Certainly seems like something like that at least. I was boggling at how they could be all sold out in 20 seconds!

14. hm... yeah, maybe they did stagger them slightly because they knew the server would overload. My school does something sort of like that with class registration ^^;;

Anyone know about how long it will take for these dolls to ship? Last time I ordered directly from Volks it took quite awhile to confirm my order than then another 8-10 days before the doll was in the mail. I wonder if these will ship a bit faster since presumably they're all ready to go?

15. exactly the same happened to me, but I was giving my CB numbers !!!! :cry:

*hugs evildolly*

16. On shipping... yeah, at DP11, when I got my Isao, I paid just over 10000 yen for shipping. >_< Which was a killer, since I also had to pay customs - both on the doll & shipping. I was clicking too fast to think too much about it though! As for when he came... I got my Isao 2 weeks after the afterparty where I ordered him - but he was one of the first to arrive for some reason. I even got mine earlier then some of the people who ordered at the actual Dolpa! XD So I'm not sure how long your new little ones will take. I hope it's soon! :D

17. Congrats to everyone who got their dolls! :D

What I'm interested in, though, is how to get some of those clothes. *____*;

18. congrats to everyone :)

19. I'm totally agree with you Aimee, but it's just that, for myself : I couldn't have any LE from Dolpa 11 (all sold out in 20sec), I didn't win anything on the last lottery, and now I lost Cyndy & Kurenai because of server troubles...
      I'm just so sad...

I know Volks people do their best... I'm just sad... I've no chance somethimes...

20. I still thing this is crazy. I believe the lottery system is a lot better, it's crazy to see that some people stay all night in front of their computer to try to buy the doll.

I still thing they should make more, or start each doll at a different time. Like cyndy at 10:00 am , Kurenai at 10:30 am etc.. I understand the server crashing, but they need to find a better way.

Volks wants us to love these dolls, like they are our daughters, with part of our soul.
      How can you love something that is so hard to get...I mean I love their dolls, but they are so hard to get that is crazy. All they need to do is make more.

I wonder how many dolls were really for sale. I don't thing more than 50 for each doll......but maybe I am worng.

I just wanted the little kids so bad and nothing. #*^#

Was anyone able to order Rengemaru or Suzuna, I see people taking about Cindy and Kurenai but nobody about thw little kids.??