1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domadoll Okja and Okki 29cm discussion part 1

Mar 12, 2008

1. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

:) Okja, bohemian girl, turned into an ostrich!

2. c.stanci, she is gorgeous beauty!

My Okja girls again, Olga and Impi.
      [​IMG]

3. psammead, lovely choice, Okja is one of my favourite dolls too!

Catrita, she´s new face to the Okja´s body, called YeonDu. There are two new heads, with oriental features (YeonDu) and western features (SunHong). The full sets have frilly and cute princess outfits.

YeonDu is my favourite of these two, she looks so sweet. But I like her more in this casual clothing and black wig, this look suits her so well!

4. Hi Khenemetaset

The original (and first) doll in this line is the one called Okja (obviously). If you go to Domadoll's site then on the right hand side you'll see some links (Ippo story, Okja story etc.) If you click on Okja story there's a really cute set of story pictures that explains what's different about this doll -- that she has a plump belly and thighs and bottom and muffin-tops. (Is that right? Muffin-tops? We call them love-handles in the UK).

Okja has 5? sisters: the first three who've been around a little while are Cookie and Onni and Okki and the two new ones are YeonDu and Sun Hong. All these dolls have the same body as Okja but different faces. (I think Onni is one of the same family, but it could be clearer.)

Several of the dolls are available in different versions in the sense that you can buy them with different outfits and wigs. So you can get Okja-in-a-garden (green dress, bloomers, blonde wig) or Okja-story (different dress, different wig, high-heeled feet) or Okja-ostrich (cute sexy outfit and you can turn her into an ostrich).

I agree it takes a bit of sorting out, but Domadoll is very helpful and patient if you ask questions. I think I asked the same question 3 times when I didn't understand the answer the first two times

5. milly77: Thanks for clearing that up.

What clothes do you-all find fit the Okja bodies best? They're so grown-up compared to most Yo-sized dolls...

6. @milly77: I found that they are close in measurements to Lati Green dolls, so what fits them fits Okja too - but do compare measurements when it is a non-stretchable fabric, to avoid failures. I had mine oufitted by Spampy, her things are wonderful on Okja. Some people dress them in YoSD-sized clothing, but since most YoSD-sized dolls are around 26cm tall and have shorter arms and legs and so on, that is something of a gamble. Shoes are easy though, there are lots of sellers who offer shoes her size.

7. Finally I got something new made for my Okja... Here you see Olga as a snow queen! She is indeed one of my favourite dolls ever!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. Thanks, Laurmann2000! I did her clothing, yes. :) Been making so many clothes for little girls, that my poor Domadoll ladies have been feeling neglected... I add below some more pics from other angles. And yes, my dolls are for sure little ladies as they have such a mature bodies! I have noticed that the msd-sized dolls feel too big for me to handle, so I love to get these shorter adult dolls to dress up. :) Some of the newer sculpts are looking definitely more young, even childish, but they still are added with the mature body, which makes me a bit confused. Though, under the clothing you don´t necessarily even notice it, if want them to represent a child character.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

9. Hi.. Just wondering what size wig and eyes can she wear? I have a very neglected Okja.. and I think a new wig and/or eyes will help. Thank you

10. sisSoul, I have used 16mm eyes and 7-8" wigs. I hope your Okja won´t be neglected for long time anymore. :)

My good friend just got recently the Onni doll, and I am so much loving that sculpt, too. I wonder how there are so few of them, as well as the newest girls.

11. sisSoul, I think the default eyes are 18mm - but I guess 16mm will fit as well, like Milly77 said above. Even though her wig size is 7-8", the blonde one in my picture above is an 8-9" (it is a loose fit, but it works for pictures).

I think Okja is very versatile. She can look great either as a cute doll or as a sexy doll. Experimenting with her look will be fun!

12. Thanks you guys!

Oh yes - I asked Rubyred Galleria which shoes of their shop would fit Okja
      and I got this link :fangirl:
      http://www.rubyredbjd.com/product.php?Category_ID=87

She did mention this though:

"Please kindly note that there is the shoes internal measurement at the bottom of the page (please see below image as an example for your reference), please kindly check carefully for the shoes size as some maybe too small for your doll, please kindly note and understand, thanks!"

So maybe this can be some help to all of you?

13. Time to bump this thread a bit, isn´t it?

Olga definitely thinks so!

[​IMG]

14. Thanks, Mandagore! Here is her sister Impi, sweet as always.

[​IMG]

I love how Okja´s eyes looks always ready for some naughty mischief even while being cute, but sleepy Okja has this "I know a sweet secret" -expression on her smile. Despite their size, they indeed aren´t children. ^^

15. Cleaning and organizing Domadoll threads. If you have anything to add to first page FAQ please Pm me.

Thanks!