1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya D1-Flexi Perennial Girl Body

Jul 2, 2007

1. More floppy also is more cuddly--odd though it is to be thinking of a hard resin doll as cuddly.

I don't mind sueding my dolls, though.

And the best way to learn how your doll poses is to play with her or him, so I count that as a positive point. 'Oh, I have to play with my new doll; I don't yet know how to get her/him to pose like "pose".' ;)

If you are new, try to get to a meet-up. Really, playing with dolls (with permission, of course) is the only way to learn your own tastes. And mentioning that you are thinking about doll "X" may get one to show up at your local meet. :)
      Also, doll people tend to be way cool. :sumomo:

Ann in CT

2. Thank you lamira & Ann. I guess I surely need to learn restringing and sueding. I've read some tutorials but still no hands-on experience. Hmm.

3. I want a Faith. I hope to order next week. I wonder which head is the extra head? Will probably get those "pluck" hands too--they're so fun!

4. I can{t seem to get onto the site to order Faith. Just as well as I don{t really have the money right now, besides, I will probably want the new version of the body when they come out with it next year.

Last time you got a chance to choose the headmold. Wouldn,t that be nice!

5. I just ordered Faith! This will be my first really tall girl--she should be a dream to sew for. I sold my June body to get her and if she looks good on this body I'll order one for her too.

Stella di Carti--yes, she is thin isn't she? I thought so too, but I started looking at pics of her dresed and I loved her long leggy look. I think she'll be good for intersting clothes. She can wear lots of layers and not look too bulky. Oh, and she can wear regular SD shoes too!

calliope13--that was the clincher for me, the new D1 body. I love the poseability of the current version, but she seems a little clunky in comparison to the the perennial. Hope they make fun hands for her too.

Quamara--Saish in tan would be so pretty--hope you can get her soon.

6. My ws female FP body arrived yesterday... I absolutely adore this body. Some might be intimidated by the carabiner-type s-hooks in the arms and legs, and I have heard that some dislike the floppier style of stringing, but personally I have found it allows for easier poses and is much nicer for cuddling. ^3^ Besides, I find mine's standing ability is great, even though it is a bit looser than average. The stringing is easy to fix, if you wanted a tighter doll.

The resin is a lovely weight and density, no weird thin spots that I have found so far. It is beautifully proportioned, much less 'skeletal' in person than it looks in photos, and has GORGEOUS womanly hips. The neck is a wee touch shorter than I would normally be drawn to but its nothing I feel I must modify.

Heres some photos with my ws DIM minimee head from the summer... PERFECT MATCH, btw. Also, pic with my 58 cm B&G Afra, for an idea of size.

Linked because I don't feel like censoring the nudity. *L*

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/KasaMadhuri777/DomuyaxDIMnaturallight.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/KasaMadhuri777/64cmvs58cm.jpg

7. I have also just ordered Faith. I hope I have ordered her early enough to arrive by Christmas (fingers crossed!) I ordered her unpainted and unblushed since I can do all of that work myself. I will post when she arrives, of course.

Edit: asked a question, then found the answer myself. D'OH!!!

Jen 8)

8. I have got my male body from yesterday and I would like to ask what experiences you have with clothes for it? I tried on it some SD pants, I have, and it was a little small around his bottom. So could you please tell me if the body is too big for normal SD size or you don´t have the problem with it? Do I need to buy clothes for 70 cm boys bodies? Thanks.

9. I don´t know if it goes here, if this does not go here I am sorry.

can yours to put comparative photos of the leather tone of domuya in normal skin and tan skin?
      Is it very dark tan skin compared with the normal one?

According to what I have read.the tan skin is almost equal to the normal skin??

thanks

10. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the option "Bust Type V" is. I gather this wasn't available the last time this thread had activity. Is it like the shapely bust for Volks DDDy?

11. Dear friends!
      i am looking for SUPER MODEL KIT DOMUYA with high heel feet
      light tan as well on the photo
      [​IMG]
      If anybody wants to sell or saw them please write to me PM.
      Thank you a lot!

12. I know that this thread is pretty “still” as Domuya is no longer being made but a few folks like me purchased from Doll Peddler so some still floating around. The doll I got was the female Warrior and unfortunately her armor came with no instructions. I spent over two hours putting the armor on the body and have ended up with two extra pieces of armor with no idea as to where they fit. :doh If anyone checks this thread and has this doll - would love full body photos so maybe I can figure out what I did incorrectly. (I did use a Granado head with this body).
      [​IMG]

13. Pokes thread.
      Poke poke.

I've picked up a domuya D1 body from the MP and have my lovely DT Hue on it right now.

[​IMG]
      Page on Paris Mountain by Estes 'n Anne, on Flickr

Made her a gallery thread, so smitten am I :)

I have a question, though if anybody is still out there....

My gal's got these little tiny...holes all over one of her hands, and in a couple other spots. But the holes on her hands have a grayish shadow underneath them...like...mildew? Any clue what it might be? I think it might be a problem with the original cast--bubbles in the mold and then something got into the resin that way? No idea though. Thinking about boiling her hand to see if it helps.

14. MissEmily, I love your head/body combination. The styles seem to work perfectly! I'd love to see this thread revived. There has to be more of these beautiful girls out there. :)

I'm ashamed to say that it's been so long since I've had Fin out of her box, I don't remember if she had little holes. I've seen something similar on Minimee heads. It seems to be mold release, or something similar? It was hard to get out. Let us know if your boiling method works!

15. My Fin does not have any holes on her hands, shame this company is no longer around.

16. Thanks alewife and derilan85!
      I'll definitely have to look into mold release...And yes, I'll let you know if the boiling helps :)
      It IS a shame domuya is no longer around! I think it has a lot to do with those elastic channels--they were only big enough to hold the tiniest of elastic! Not enough for such a big gal :(

17. I agree, I had to re-string my Zen and I used S hooks also, he is much better now. I was about to order my Fin some new elastic and S hooks for her, but I would need to find some small hooks for her wrists and feet since the elastic goes all the way to her jointed feet and are held on with some old weird looking hooks.

18. Drilling bigger holes/bigger elastic seems to cure a lot of problems, but it seems like such a difficult mod. :(