1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya New Line of Doll: D1-44 (Dolls' Life Project)

Jun 3, 2009

1. Dear all,
      Finally! I am sorry for the slight delay. And here it comes with a little more pictures: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4836812#post4836812

And the remaining details are found at the news section above.

Information on mini-site, sales details and where to buy.

However, if you have any questions, feel free to keep them coming in!!! Horray!~ I am so excited!~

2. I'm just waiting for the doll to appear for sale on the Domuya site.

I would like better pictures of the 'chest', as I can't tell how flat it is or not. A side shot would be nice as well.

-Anneke

3. She's amazing! WOW! :fangirl::aheartbea The clear resin pieces are an interesting addition! Sofar only Soom has been using them. I love the 'tree' legs abd the clear hand!

4. I see her now on the site for ordering however the price is different then you quoted. Is there a coupon code or something? Or mostlikely I'm just being impatient as things still get setup.

-Anneke

5. Chehime: Thanks for the compliment! We have her tree trunk feet sculpted in the way that her tension is visible. So this can be more realistic has sometimes, tree trunks do have "holes". And we think that this will add uniqueness to the doll too!

Anneke: The price on our site is default reflected as "Singapore Dollars". USD$399 is equivalent to that amount in SGD$. So there's no worries here. =)

6. This looks great! I love the leg parts.

7. Thank you for the explination. I was so confussed/worried there for a moment.

-Anneke

8. Linderhes: Thank you! Don't miss out on the interesting Photo Story too!

Anneke: Don't worry! I will be around to ease all confusion ( I hope I don't caused confusion though). Hehehe~~ If not, you can always write to Domuya and your ease will be ironed out!

9. I love the looks of this doll and I look forward to seeing the others in the series as well. I am more of an ocean person than a forest person, so I think I will wait for the next one. I never thought I would want a fantasy doll this size, but I think I've changed my mind.

10. Oh what to do!? Just thinking what the 7th doll might be is wracking my brain and wallet. I have been looking forward to the Domuya Life Project since I first saw info on it around the 1st of the year. Mermaid?! I can't wait to see that! :fangirl:

11. Oh she's lovely. What I need, though, is layaway... arrgh.

*scurries off to check the various sources*

12. In order to get the 7th doll do we have to buy directly from the Domuya site? Or does it still count if we buy through one of the U.S. dealers?

13. Drui's really, really beautiful. I love her expression - she looks all shy and scared and tender.

14. :aheartbea She is so lovely and special. :aheartbea

The translucent parts, is the redbrown coloring part of the resin or is it blushing?

15. Linakauno: Thank you so much for liking the dolls! Yes, I think they are fantastic and I love all the special parts that each doll will bring along with them. Their facial expressions, their sculpted hairs and imagine all the "special parts" that will be collected at the of the series!

And a fantasy doll this size is good! Why we have decided on work on D1-44 and not use the idea on our D1-60 or Flexi Perennial is also because we have considered whats the best or idea size to be bringing these "theme dolls" with their special parts around in?

A 44cm size will be perfect! At least, since you like mermaid, can you imagine bringing a big tail around if it is meant for Flexi Perennial! Keke~~ maybe if you leave the tail sticking out of your carrying bag, passerby will think that you are bringing a trout in your bag!

Plus, we think D1-44 is going to be great with the wide access of accessories all around in the community! Wide selection of wigs, shoes and outfits! What is lacking is all these special parts by us! =P

16. PacificBlue: Oh dear...don't wrack your brain. Just relax and enjoy the dolls as we made each releases and just let your jaw drop naturally when we debut our 7th Special doll! :fangirl:

And of course, don't forget to place your order with us or one of our authorized dealers! Its only for the 1st doll - Drui, its open to time based order. I've heard from my company that for future editions in this series, they have intended to make it a limited edition of 20-30 pieces.

Baakay: Sure! I think Domuya and our USA authorized dealers are offering layaway programs in their store. So it shouldn't be a problem with layaway! :)

Chehime: Yes it all will be counted, regardless which of our authorized dealers or Domuya that you purchase from. However, we recommend that you will purchase from the same store so that its easier for them to do their book keeping as well. Just remind the store each time you purchase to ensure that they did renew their records! :)

Autumnrain: Yes she is! That's the message she wants to send! Did you read her mini-site with her photo-story! Its exactly how you describe her looks to be with the photo-story!

Raafje: Thank you! The "trunk" parts are all blushed. :)

17. I finally just got a look at the finished product and it looks amazing! I can't wait to see what else they do with them... maybe time to start saving?

18. Audiencekiller: Thank you so much for liking this series of Life Project dolls! Yes, start saving is a good idea! Please do not overlook that there are 23 more days to place your order before Drui enters back the forest! :daisy

And since layaway plans are mainly available with our USA dealers or with us at Domuya, there should be no worries! :dance

We have updated some sketched at the "News" Section as well as the link to our interview with BJDCollectasy. Please do visit if you are interested! :aheartbea

19. This series excites me alot more than Soom's MDs, I especially appreciate that the photography is clear and not photoshopped into obscurity. I am very interested in next month's mermaid, will she have a fully ball jointed tail? Any hints as to a price? I like Drui alot too, the more I look at her the more she calls to me but I don't think I can afford Drui and the mermaid.

I agree that tinies are a good idea too!