1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya New Line of Doll: D1-44 (Dolls' Life Project)

Jun 3, 2009

1. Any news? :D I'm really hoping to get all of them, the two I've seen so far are so beautiful ^________^

2. These dolls are so beautiful, I like the concept itself and it's realization, too.
      I think now of ordering Aria, she is so charming :)

By the way, maybe I was inattentive, but I didn't find measurments of D1-44 dolls anywhere. I even don't see eyes and wig size; other measurments will be also helpful :blush

3. I was told they're pretty much unoa size!
      So 12mm or 14mm eyes (12mm were used in the promo pictures) and yo sd sized wigs!:)

4. Do ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!:lol:

5. Oh trust me, I won't take much convincing, I just need to know about the Subscription thing so I can get Drui! :sweat

:aheartbea Yay for the beauties <3

6. Orangediscord: Yes you are correct.

Adino: The measurement for D1-44 can be found here: http://www.domuya.com/index.php?opt...96:handy-informations-of-our-dolls&Itemid=127

This is our informative site: www.domuya.com whereby we will update most writing in this site and keep Domu-Net neat as just a shopping site.

By the way, please note that this is the standard D1-44 measurement. Height of the doll after the special parts are not mentioned. For instance, height of Drui after the Tree trunk legs and height of Aria with the mermaid tail. I would assume you won't want to put on normal clothings after the Tree Trunk legs and Fish Tail are on the doll right?

Ehyrn: Its coming on in a few minutes! Sorry for the delay and thanks for your great patience!

7. Hahaha suddenly I have this amazing image of someone trying to dress their Drui in PANTS with her little tree branches poking out of the bottom!!:lol::lol::lol:

Join me Ehryn.. you know you want tooooooo!;)

8. Domu, what is the circumference of the neck? :] Thanks!

9. Yay the subscription plan is up! :D

Umm... is it possible to start the subscription after Aria's ordering period is over? Or at any other time? I do want to get all 6 dolls, but I need to save up a little first :sweat I know there's a 6 month layaway option, but even the first payment I worked it out and I can't afford it yet T_____T

Man, I'm so stoked I'm actually maybe going to be able to get Drui and Aria!! :D

10. Oh! I was also wondering, does the UV Snow White Skin Resin match the old Domuya white resin? Or is it a different shade altogether?

And just to make sure, does every Aria (Pink, Violet, Teal) have Snow-White Skin, because Teal and Violet look like their skin tones are darker than Pink's in the photos.

11. I actually contacted Domuya today so will let you know when I've got some feedback on what's going on!:)
      What I THINK though is that with the release of every doll, the subscription plan will be updated.
      So right now we have this first plan which is Drui, Aria and the 6th doll.
      Then next month it'll change, the price will go up, and it will include Drui, Aria, the 3rd doll and the 6th doll.
      I might be wrong, but that's my theory from what they've written on the site.
      This way anyone can sign on at any point during the entire cycle.
      All they want is for you to purchase all the dolls, and in doing so, you are entitled to the discount, whenever you decide to get on board.. I THINK!:sweat

12. What I think is that the promo pictures were taken over the space of a day and the lighting has changed.
      The pictures taken at sunset makes the skin tone look MUCH darker, whereas pink is often taken in bright sunlight, making her skintone seem whiter.
      They might have also been edited differently.
      A lot could also be in the contrast between the colour hair/fin/makeup and skin tone.

I do think they're all snow-white skin though, cause the idea of this whole series is a sort of MIX AND MATCH concept.
      Ideally at the end of it all, those of us with all the dolls should be able to exchange the parts. Already now, one could have Aria's fins with Drui's tree hand, Aria's head and Drui's wig, for example.
      To be able to keep this constant until the very end of the series, all the dolls have to be the same skintone.

Hope I'm making sense!:)

13. I have a feeling those who purchase the dolls straight out, get the 6th doll free. But those who missed the ordering for the other dolls can get onto the subscription plan and pay abit more to get the 6th doll. So they will get the 6th doll but it wouldn't be totally free just reduced in price. I'm sure it will all be explained in time.

-Anneke

14. Oooh. Interesting. I don't think I have the funds to collect all six dolls, but I don't doubt that I'll be adding someone besides Aria to my collection.

I think all the dolls are Snow White UV skin, but is that the same as their UV White skin from their previous lines? I'm considering making a hybrid, and I've been told that the resin matches with Luts Delf and Fairyland White, but that's Domuya White skin. I don't know if Snow White UV is the same thing. D:

15. Is it not the 7TH doll though that is free, and only those who buy them all can receive it, whether subscription plan or not?
      I think either way, the 6th doll has to be paid for. The benefit of the subscription is just the HUGE discount, and knowing that when Domuya starts to limit the quantities of later releases (which they've said they'll do), you have to peace of mind that you're definitely getting the doll even if he/she sells out.

Of course, I could be COMPLETELY WRONG!:sweat

16. I thought it was the seventh doll that was free as well. D:

I wish I could see all of them and know which ones I'd fall in love with. :T

17. Well there's always the option of signing up for the entire series if you wanted to, and then if you don't bond with any of them, part with them later on?

I sort of feel like I can't pass up on the 7th free doll as she's bound to be AMAZING, and the huge discount the subscription offers is too much to pass up on!
      So even if dolls I'm not as drawn to come up, I still feel the need to take the chance for the 7th doll!

Plus, it's all for such a good cause. The more Domuya sells, the more money goes to charity.:)
      It would be nice if people who sell 2nd hand in the marketplace did exactly the same thing. That is, offer to give however much to either the same charity as Domuya, or the charity of their choice that matches the cause of the doll.
      It would be so nice if the message of the dolls stays with them even as they part owners.

18. Yeah, I think that would be awesome :D If I get them all and end up not liking some of them, I'd love to give some of the money to a charity ^_^ <3 It's such a wonderful cause, so it makes it even harder to resist getting them all. Even worse when you have a terrible enabler like midnite ;) :lol:

19. Yes yessss you should get them all!

a) because I say so ;)
      b) because we are fellow UK folk and I've actually been to where you live! (I've had a good friend for the last 13 years or so who lives in Nuneaton, so I've been there countless times and often ended up passing through Coventry!:))
      c) because the dolls are just THAT amazing!:D:D:D

Most important obviously being C!!!!!:lol:

It would be great to see these dolls become more popular here down the line.
      I think Drui had a certain darkness to her, which was important in passing on her message, but perhaps it wasn't quite some people's cup of tea!
      Aria on the other hand, which she, especially Pink, has a horribly depressing sadness about her, I can see people taking her and making her a much more smiley mermaid by re-doing her face up.

Personally I hope the series sticks with the dark theme and we see some dolls that are almost somewhat disturbing!
      The way I see it with Drui, her tree parts are actually burning. It's like the fires caused by humans in her forest are burning away at her human flesh so that her tree parts are revealed, they too of course burning.
      Or perhaps I'm just being ridiculous dark here?:sweat

Ehryn
      , you should join the waiting room since it seems like you're already convinced!
      I need more chatting about random Drui + Aria related nonsense!:lol:

20. Yeah, they are both pretty dark so far. I like that :XD: /weird

I was thinking, if it just adds the next doll and the next doll on through the subscription plan, could you in theory start it at the 5th doll? Or something like that? Then you automatically get billed for all 6 dolls :lol:

Definitely convinced and have convinced my boyfriend to let me - just waiting till I get paid again to start my layaway :D