1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya New Line of Doll: D1-44 (Dolls' Life Project)

Jun 3, 2009

1. Haha Everyone!~ ;)

I am sorry that I haven't been following this thread! Thank you so much for all the support and anticipation!

Midnitestar7 is right! We are a little caught up with the release of our new Flexi 2 body as well as there were quite abit of disruption with the holidays in between.

But our Sky Guardian is now ready to meet all of you! He is Sera!

As usual, I guess you guys know when to look him up! Keke~~~ :aheartbea

2. Oh no! He's very clearly a HE.
      I really don't do boy dolls at all, I just have no interest in them.. so I'm sort of upset right now! x_x
      He looks fabulous though and I love all the extra parts, he's just.. a boy.:...(

Edit :: Just thinking about it, the body is the same as Drui and Aria's yes? I find that body more feminine than masculine.. so I'm wondering if I just changed the head, that might make Sera (love the name by the way!) a girl! ::laughs::
      It would have been nice if you'd offered different makeup choices so that those of us who prefer girls can get the more feminine style and those who prefer boys can get this current faceup.
      I do love everything else though, totally not what I was expecting! So futuristic! I think we were all expecting something more nature-esque?
      Definitely love the idea!!

Edit 2 :: A quick question! How do those of us on the subscription go about ordering dolls from here out? Do we order as normal and will be told the price later?

3. I think Sera is amazing, what a cool design!!
      The gas mask is a great idea.<3
      I thought he was a girl looking at the pictures, before I read, are the bodies genderless?
      I'd also like to know the number of edition please (how many will be sold)?

4. midnitestar7: I have gotten your questions answered in your email to us! But maybe for those who are reading, if you're already a Life Project Subscriber, you need not place your order again. You should have already received a paypal invoice for Sera sitting in your paypal email box. All you need to do is to pay to our invoice and we will prepare the doll accordingly and ship them to you!

We will be sending invoice to your previous paypal account used for Drui/Aria/the subscription plan. Shipping address you have used in your previous order will also be used for all the dolls in the Life Project. If there is any change of address, please do contact us and let us know.

Algesiras: Thank you! I am glad you loved Sera! Yes you are indeed correct. The bodies are genderless. And as for the edition size, we are currently not setting any edition size for Sera.
      Sera is time limited from now till 15th Nov 2009.

5. Wow this is SO INTERESTING!
      You felt immediately Sera was a girl and I felt immediately Sera was a boy.
      For some reason I find this fascinating and am even more excited to see "it" in person now!
      I wonder what "it" really looks like! ::laughs::

6. Domu > Thanks so much for your answer! OK so it's a time-limit edition, that's wat I wanted to know. ^^
      Midnitestar7 > Same here, I'd love to see one for real! Sera is indeed a fascinating creature!

7. The pictures aren't showing on the website or on his thread here, I'm so frustrated!!!

8. He is so interesting. Not sure how he is going to fit into my family, but I'm on the life project plan so paid him off. How do we get the life saver kit for him after paying for the doll. (I got a money request and just paid it). Can I just get it seperate, along with a few wigs or clothes I want to order.

-Anneke

9. I have also gotten the billing notice for my Sera, and I'm confused and upset about something. Why does he cost so much more than the first two when he is the same size??:?
      His price on the website is $680 (for a 44cm doll), and my price with the subscription discount (17%) + shipping is $635.50. The first two dolls were around $450 (not including shipping).
      Obviously I have to pay for this one since I have subscribed, but it's disturbing to me that this one costs so much more. Was I supposed to know about this price difference before now?

10. OOPS, never mind! The price of $680 is Singapore dollars, not U.S. dollars! :blush
      After the conversion, price is same as other dolls! I saw $ and numbers and didn't notice "SGD" Sorry!

11. Sera is the first one I've really liked...the rusty metal eagle is going to be coming home to roost here with my dragon, it seems! My credit card is crying, but he's just so awesome, and the size is...a little more space-friendly than things like Super Gems!

12. He (I too ended up considering Sera a boy) would make such a cool steampunk character! I love the gas mask!

13. vampireanneke: I was about to reply to your email. But since I have not and you mentioned in here too, must as well, I will mentioned in here for everyone! :)

There is no "life saver kit" for Sera as none of his parts this round comes without the orginal parts in it. For example, the claws feet is like a pair of shoes. You wear them on and the original feet is in it. So there is no life saver kit needed (whereby life saver kit revive the ambassador doll back into its original state).

The head cap wise, we are already including 2. One Eagle Helm Heapcap and One original Headcap for wigs.

Hand is normal. :) So, everyone get to save $ on Life Saver Kit! :fangirl:

Fairlight: Are the pictures showing up for you already? Sometimes, it could be the browser problem like among, Firefox, IE or Safari. Sometimes, its the different connections that are blocking the site or not communicating with our web hosting company. So maybe a change of location to browse our site might help if it is still not changing after you have changed a web browser.

Thanks all! :aheartbea

14. They're all genderless, so they can be whatever you want them to be!:)

15. Thanks for the update about the feet. I thought they may be like shoes but wasn't sure. I love the wings and the headcap head thing, but my boy will not be using the shoes or the gasmask. I like my dolls fantasy vs steampunk. I think the right outfit and he will be sort of like the mechanical owl from clash of the titans. Yep, turning my boy into an Owl...

16. SO far I have really enjoyed the life project dolls. It wasn´t until I saw the latest one though that I thought I can see that one home with me! Sera is just soo cool and the wings are amazing! The claws remind me of on of my ninja busou shinki (OT on this forum but since most of us have some OT doll thought I would mention it). Perhaps it will be a female ninja since I was so reminded of the shinki!

17. Ooh, something animal themed then probably next.
      I really hope we have somehting more feminine this time, or at least something like Drui where you could see it could go either way perfectly well, depending on your own preference.
      Aria was more definitely a girl to me, and Sera a boy, so this time it would be good to have a girl, or at least a doll more clearly neutral.

No sign of the translucent Drui parts yet? I wonder if they'll be coming with Sera?

I'm hoping it takes them a little while to get Safari out as once again, I need to get some money together!
      I'd be thrilled if they didn't release him/her until January!

18. The weather is miserable for lighting, today, and I haven't really got a decent place to pose him at the moment - my mother is unpacking from a month and a half away, and so the last spot I'd found with a half decent wall and lighting is now a disaster area. So pics aren't available yet, you'll have to settle for a text squee, now that I've got him unpacked...

But he's perfect - definitely comes across as more masculine than my Mono (so even though he's neither a "he" or a "she", I'll just be referring to the doll as a "he" here), and he's swiped Tai's wig, too, because he's got such a small head. Yet not *quite* as small as my Mei's head, so Yo sized wigs are a bit too small for him!

The gas mask bit doesn't stay on without the helmet-headcap, I'll have to figure out a way to rig it so it does, probably with some elastic or something. First doll I've ever gotten with blushing - I'd forgotten it was included, it's pretty! The claw shoes will likely rub it off the feet very quickly, though, they fit rather tight. There's bits in the heel that lift out, you slide the feet in, and then put the heel parts back to hold the foot in, all very secure. Hold in with magnets, too. Lots of magnets with the parts - the gas mask is held to the helmet with them, and the movable wings use them to hold in the position you pick. The wings stay on just as they appear to in the picture - everything just *works* the way it should. When the apocalypse comes...accesorize!

Without his accessories, and particularly with the short curly blonde wig, he definitely looks related to Drui and Aria, some pretty little elf or nymph or spirit, he's easy to get out of the steampunk/apocalypse role. Very beautiful doll. So glad I decided to order him!

Only thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of an ownership card or anything besides the band around the box saying "Life Project", like most dolls come with.

19. I have to say I was really excited when I saw the new Domuya Life Project doll was the wildlife conservator. I was expecting a doll with animal parts. But it's just a regular doll although with a cute outfit and pith helmet- another steam punk character :)

But I feel like they are losing the fantasy element which is what made me fall in love with Drui.

20. Saw the picture right on the Domuya website front page.

[​IMG]

I don't think he looks Steampunk. I love all the clothes/accesories with him.

he is called Savon. Which the next was suppose to be Safari which I suppose this is Safari with a new name, but maybe there is still an animal one to come as the next one?

-Anneke