1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Not Doing FCS Anymore

Jul 13, 2005

1. The thing that gets me with this short notice thing is that since it caught everybody off guard, nobody had enough money. For instance, I bought a Rengemaru and Kid Delf An but decided that FCS wasn't going anywhere and could save up to get the F-16 in December so I could see if I wanted the next Tokyo Boy...If I had known 2 months ago about this it would be a different story.
      IMHO they can stop their (apparently profitable) FCS if they want to, but they should have given us more than a weeks notice. In case they hadn't checked most people can't make $600-$1000 dollars in one week.:evil:
      </venting>

2. emailed candy about it and here's her reply :)
      -------------------
      Hi Dear Kasita,

Thank you very much for your email. As to why we are stopping our FCS Order, it is because we have just changed our management system and the reason will be more clear along the way. Please stay tune to then as I will not be able to reveal much now. (^^)

And the final FCS Ordering will be estimated to be around 15th July till 21st July. (To be confirmed over at Domu-Net)

Thus, our last FCS Ordering will consists of all heads! Including the Kun head etc. But our online system will not show the picture. It will be good if you can submit the optional parts through our online system and then include the head of your choice in the "special instruction" column if the head is not in our options.

After I have acknowledge the submission of your order, then please make payment to our retail store.

Actually it would be easier if you come to Domuya Retail store but as I will be going out of town tomorrow and the sales assistant in the store is not familiar with FCS, thus, I think it would still be better to submit your order online. (^^)

Thank you very much and replying your email is my pleasure! Please let me know in what area I can be of assistant!

Kind Regards,
      Candy
      Domuya
      ----------------------------------

so hope that might be of help to some regarding the dates and all... I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a really last minute thing and many aren't gonna be able to get enough money to get their doll :( It's a pity though, they were such an amazing service.

I guess we can only stay tuned to domuya.net to see what's the reason for the closure and all that

3. 21st? Well, Domuya's out for me, then. *sigh* I've got to wait for the check from the investment firm to arrive, then find time to go deposit it, then wait for it to clear... And Bank of America is horrible for that. >_< This will be $3000, the one from the insurance settlement earlier this year was half that, and besides the incredibly rude treatment I got when I deposited it, there was an eight day hold. Even if it arrived today, and it rather definitively won't, it wouldn't clear in time.

So... Who is recommended? Lukas needs very specific things for his faceup, and I was counting on Domuya being there because I've always heard such great things about them. I'm afraid if I go elsewhere there won't be as much care taken and it will be wrong and I'll have to strip it off and either try to do it myself or send him off to someone to be done for me and be without him even longer... T_T Which besides the extra expense will just be nerve-wracking... ._.;;;

4. This sounds sort of mysterious and interesting! Hopefully they mean something good!

5. I know sounds like its for a good reason... sounds exciting :D

6. Could someone please tell me what "all heads" means? Does it also include the heads of limited dolls? (madoka? anais? shiro?) *hopeful*

7. They just mean all of the FCS/Sato FCS heads that Volks has available that aren't shown on the website. Like Kun and Yori.

8. I'm in a bit of a conundrum here as to what people are going to do for future sato exclusive FCS.... kakyuu indicated in an email to me that unfortunately getting an appintment at the tenshi no sato in kyoto was very difficult and she would be only able to take tenshi no sumikla FCS orders. Domuya was thus really the only place people could order FCS from on a regularly and reliable basis - I mean, yes, on the off chance someone does go to japan that is bilingual and experienced in ordering FCS a *few* might get their dolls through them - but, this just means so many will miss out, and makes waiting to order your doll so much more painful :(

I hope that this new volks store in the US does offer FCS, and even though its unlikely, sato exclusive FCS too. If not, we're all up proverbial s**t creek without a paddle.

I had an F-17 girl planned as well as my F-20 boy, and now... :(

9. Until we hear more news or new sources pop up, desperate buyers could think of using Y!JA, where most FCS heads (at least for MSDs) do pop up from time to time...there's an MSD F-10 (Sato), F-07, F-04, and F-09 on Y!JA right now, for instance. It's inconvenient, and you might have to find a face-up artist, but it /is/ still possible to get FCS heads, even Sato-exclusive ones.

EDIT: This includes unpopular headmolds! ^_^ F-10 is Sato-exclusive and also pretty unpopular, yet it does appear on Y!JA. There's even an F-01, which is the same as standard Magie/Sakura/Myu: yet there /is/ on Y!JA. So take heart, sooner or later even a rare head will appear. =D

10. Not if you're not after an unpopular headmold. -_-;;;

How many F-24s and F-20s are really going to come up, ever? Especially how many BW F-24s? Either normal or BW could concievably work for the F-20, but the F-24 really does need to be BW. T_T Link himself almost never comes up on Y!J because Link isn't a popular mold. How many people are going to buy an F-24 to sell?

I guess I can always just give up and buy a Link from Volks and a Heath/FCS/whatever body from Y!J, commission a faceup artist and deal with the fact that Lukas won't have the correct skintone, the correct feet, the correct eyes or really anything other than headmold and leg type. -_-

And Ephram I guess I'd just need to give up on entirely, or see if I could modify/repaint an Isao and somehow acquire a jointed pureskin normal SD boy body for him. >_<

So Kakyuu doesn't do Sato, then... Well great. As if work didn't already suck today and I didn't already have school all day and then work tommorow... -_-;;;

And JUST before I'd be able to order Lukas, too. Right freaking before, and there's no way I'll get the money in time unless they're willing to wait for the payment and I order him on like, the last possible day(Which is the day before I get paid, no less, not that that would help any either since I don't make enough). Argh.

'Scuse me. I need to go bang my head on the wall.

11. i speak to kakyuu realatively often and i dont think she has been taking sato fcs for quite a while but i think if you give her a request eg f16 head in BW and an sd13 body in bw without optional makeup,hands feet, wigs and eyes she can still help you.

She can only get mini fcs through YJ...
      dont hold me to this info - but in the future kakyuu isgoing to help me get an f16 head - (plusvarious other limited heads) and numerous bodies so im sure its entirely possible. And shes lovely to deal with!

12. F-16 is regular Tenshi no Sumika, though. You'll never have trouble getting THAT, especially since it's so overly popular, they come up on Y!J all the time, never mind even going through either FCS. Both the headmolds I'm interested in are Tenshi no Sato exclusives(And I believe that BW is Sato only as well? Or was that just sunlight?).

So I need Sato FCS for both boys, period. There just isn't any way around it. They're not going to turn up on Y!J because they're not popular molds.(I know of what, 5 F-20s? Period? And nobody seems to like Link at all, so F-24s are also not going to pop up) Lukas in addition really does need to have the tabi feet and he really does need 18/9mm Blue A Zouks, with no possible substitutions as they're absolutely perfect, and he really does need to be BW because he's very pale. >_< He just absolutely has to be done via FCS or he won't be right at all. >_<;;;

Ephram is slightly more forgiving. He COULD be an Isao. He could even be a Yder. I'd be happy with either, really. But F-20 would really be best.

*sighs*

13. I suspect that Volks may be shutting out any other people who deal dolls to the U.S. in preparation for their new store in Los Angeles. Frank at the Doll and Hobby Shoppe has had more and more restrictions placed on his Volks ordering in the last year and the Volks web site has had a coming soon page for the FCS on the English site for quite a while.

This may also have something to do with Volks dislike of scalpers and illegitimate copies. Dealing with customers directly could help them prevent some of that. I know of a hobby shop in my city that no longer sells Volks items because they got caught copying molds!!!

There may be a brief period of time when FCS items are scarce but I'm sure it's temporary. I hope for the best, that Volks will be offering their FCS online and shipping from L.A. (That would rock!) It would make a lot of sense for Volks to manage their english language customer service from the new store, don't you think?

14. D: oh nooooo

15. geez. this really does affect everyone huh :( well guys, i emailed rnd whatever dolls because i heard that he might be able to do fcs. i havent gotten an email back but there's still a lining of hope left.

16. It would make sense, but from everything that's been rumoured, even if there was US FCS, it still wouldn't be Sato. Both boys need to be Sato. So yeah... I'm pretty crushed by this right now.

Maybe it's a good thing that I DIDN'T have anything for Lukas ordered yet. ._.;;;

17. I hope that's it. It would make me intensely happy to be able to go down to LA and order it myself. I don't mind paying for a plane ticket...I could plan a trip down there etc. </fantasy>

18. Maybe Volks is going to offer it online soon? That would be awesome....

19. Logically I'm going with no. They've said they have "no plans" to offer FCS online (or at all in the states, but this was before the formal annoucement of the US store so the official line may have changed.) The fact that they do not offer FCS via mail order in Japan certainly suggests that they won't offer it in the states, either.

If Domuya was ordered to stop FCS orders, wouldn't they have announced something more along the lines of "Due to a request by Volks, we have ceased offering FCS"? The wording of their statement makes it seem like the decision is on Domuya's end, due to time and labor involved in placing FCS orders.

20. But even if they open an FCS service in the US, those not in the US are going to have to find proxies to buy them FCS dolls. >_<

And that 'coming soon' thing for the FCS was never intended for the English speaking world - people have contacted Volks about it and the response each time was that they were looking into online FCS but only for japanese residents - it was never an option meant for international customers. And given that the 'coming soon' sign has been there for so long, the online thing for japan might not even go ahead for a long while.

As for the english customer service... well, I suppose it depends on who is going to be staffing this LA store...