1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Not Doing FCS Anymore

Jul 13, 2005

1. A person can dream :cry:

2. Err...? I'm not sure if Kakyuu was mistaking something, but it's very easy to go to Tenshi no Sato? They are open almost every weekend, and allow up to 100 people to go per day. You make a reservation in advance, and looking at their website, even this coming weekend is only about 1/3 booked. And if you're a member of the Volks club (very easy to do if you live in Japan, even I'm a member) then you don't even need to make a reservation, you can just go and flash your card. And once at Sato, you can pop down to the FCS salon any time and place your order. ^_^

More likely she means that having someone who is IN Kyoto and can go to Sato regularly is very difficult? ^^ If you're in Tokyo, getting to Sato and back can be quite costly. I went by overnight bus (the cheaper option) and the return trip still cost me over 12,000yen. I wish Sato was somewhere closer to Tokyo, but I totally understand why Volks want it in Kyoto, the atmosphere is just so perfect for it. :D

Although not an official statement by any means, Volks told me that one of the reasons they don't want to offer FCS online for overseas, is because they feel very uneasy about the language barriers and the inevitable outcome of misunderstanding people's requests for face-ups and not making the "dream doll" that they want. It's very important to them that they are able to create the perfect face-up that their customers want, and even sometimes when sitting down and talking to the customers about it, there are misunderstandings. That's part of why they are still a little hesitant to do it online even for Japan. And for the international market the possibility of mistakes happening is overwhelmingly large. So I don't expect them to ever offer it online. The LA store might be a different case entirely, but I expect that the LA store would be staffed by native English speakers, or Japanese with very good English. (As opposed to Japan -- while there are several Volks staff members in Japan who can speak English fairly well, overall their command of English is not the best.)

3. OH NOEZ :o !
      Damn it, all my planning down the drain

big fat huge CRAP!!

Ok sorry..but.. one wanting a sunlight MSD..just what we needed, as if it was´nt tricky enough
      Anyway, I don´t mean to jinx it or anything but I don´t think you´´ll be getting FCS at LA, well at least not sato. Wish I was wrong but..seems that they give extra importance to the "face to face" thing, and the language problem could be an issue. Besides, I like that they´re trying hard to avoid the mass producing thing, but still...soooo bummed :|

So..looks like our options list is growing short huh?

I could probably gather the money though I did not intend to order till the end of the year or so..dunno..still wanna enjoy Kyuubi a little bit more first..and I´ll get killed a t home if I get any other huge packages shortly...they all think I´m into something weird

....god this is it for me

4. P.S. Almost forgot..

Only sunlight is Sato only. Beauty white has always been available via regular FCS. ^_^

5. yes thats exactly it i think - i think thats my misinterpretation not kakyuus

6. Well, at least people can still get their snow F-16s. ~_~

Doesn't help me any, though, even if it is available at Sumika. >_<

*sigh* Check, please come. Please CASH, and quickly. T_T

7. this is the email I was sent by kakyuu in response to my inquiry:

I think we all need to respect, no matter how upset we are, that it's her decision to make, no matter why that was - after all as cassiel said kyoto is a long way from tokyo! ^^

8. Oh i wasnt misunderstanding then!
      And your right.. kicking and screaming and whining wont bring fcs anywhere.. theyve offered to us for awhile and we should be grateful for that.

9. well what i want to get from fcs isn't sato. so maybe i can ask someone that lives in LA to order it for me when they get all the pricing down and stuff. OOO yay! there's lots hope now (at least for me :| :D )!
      philion :grin:

10. Hello~ :)
      Just to clear things up. My partner is in the Tokyo Area (Kanagawa-ken) So its very difficult to do Sato orders anymore. My partner has a full time job besides this and its hard to schedule appointments ect with Sato/ find time to get there, its pretty far even with the bullet train. That and its pricey, we'd have to charge the traveling fees and people wouldnt like the extra 150 (give or take) added on to the doll.

Also we've had trouble getting FCS lately for some reason Volks is being difficult with it. Last time they went to VOlks for FCS we had two order to fill and they gave my partner a very bad time about it... They seem to frown apon taking orders for someone else...I'm not sure what else we can do... Itd be wonderful if Volks made it easier to do FCS. I will still be taking orders as long as I can. But I will have to limit orders :(

That really is upsetting about Domuya since I always refer them when I cant take orders >.<

11. Oh well, I'm getting excited over Bermann anyhow...I think this has just made me open my eyes to the doll that is really for me, rather than sticking with the one I had originally planned on just because I felt obligated to get the one I wanted from the beginning.

12. Oh.. sorry about that..It must have been a rather uncomfortable situation for your partner..I´d realy have had a bad time if it had been me *_*

Anyway as I said before they´re surely trying to keep it a "face to face" business and that makes then much more special and precious..would not like to see them mass produced...even if that means I can´t get a Sato.. *sighs defeated* anyway...

13. Sorry things have been so hard for you and your friend, Kakyuu. I'm really sad that Domuya is suddenly stopping their FCS orders. Most of the heads I want are from normal FCS, but there is one (F-13 to be specific) that I could only get through Sato. Oh what a cruel world!! *_*

But we gotta try to stay positive, I say. They say when God closes a door, he opens another. We just need to stick it out until new options come along, no matter how hard or frustrating it will be. I'm sure that we'll all get our dream doll one day. :chibi :grin: :daisy

14. I'm praying that Domuya is only stopping FCS temporarily. Maybe to revamp the site and add in all the heads and such *begs and prays*. I wish I lived in or knew someone in Japan; I'd be willing to get everyone FCS if I did. -.-;;

15. Well it's because of management or something like that, so I'm pretty sure they aren't revamping anything.

16. yeah :( I actually have been wanting a sato f14 since I saw the head my self but I can wait.
      I totally understand how they want to keep it face to face. But if I didnt have my partner I wouldnt have my FCS dolls, and they turned out great. I can deal with them not comming out exactly as I wanted, as Im sure most are ok with because of the language barrier. My f09 came out completely different then the description (in Japanese none the less) and pics I sent but I still love her. I jsut wish volks would understand not everyone can go in person.

I just hope they come up with a better solution :) even if its jsut having more parts available with no make up.

[/quote]

17. Sorry, i seem to get everything confused >_< :oops: *huggles*
      Dont worry though, i think everyone is still trying to stay positive and im sure no-one is goingto blame you for not getting orders! XD.. Ihad no idea volks was starting to frown upon this, although i can see why they wouldnt want to..

*huggles* i hope things are ok foryour partner too

18. no no its fine :) I'm jsut upset that the are being difficult, Ive never complained once about an fcs being wrong and I always warn every customer that there is a chance that it will not turn out the way you order it, and that I will not send anything back to volks. I do get that they want to keep it intimate and make the perfect doll but so many of us can not just pick up and go to japan at any time :( I was shocked to, they were fine for most of the orders until the very last batch, it was only two. I could see them getting frustrated on 5 or more. But it was a small order. I'm hoping that we can still work something out.

I'm still communicating with volks here and there about getting licensed to sell through them, but they still make a huge fuss over wanting a physical shop >.< Wich will not happen, I make very little profit as it is and unfortunatly a physical ball joint doll shop in Ohio is not going to work :(

19. All you can do is hope i suppose :( its a terrible shame they are beingso difficult. Its hard for everyone - But it is easierto get hold of sd/sd13 fcs than it is to get mini. I guess celga, rinkya, crescent shop etc are all of a sudden going to get a mass amount of people signing up - trying to buy fcs dolls/molds on yj -_-

Im sure everyone is really grateful for you trying though kakyuu..... :)

20. I was thinking of setting up a physical shop here, in NH, because it's a tourist town and there would be enough business if it were a 'doll and antiques' shop, but I would need a loan, first, as I make close to nothing for money right now. ^^;;;;;