1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Not Doing FCS Anymore

Jul 13, 2005

1. The head is less of a problem than the face-up, for me. Almost any head, I could get from Y!JA at some point, I believe. But the face-up that I badly want? Very little is as good as or better than a Zoukeimura face-up in my opinion (after seeing loads of Japanese, Korean, and Western-painted dolls, I still feel they do the very nicest eyebrows). So what I'll miss the most is having a Zoukeimura artisan do the face-up to my specifications. Other things like Zoukeimura eyes, wigs, parts...are all less important, since it /is/ possible to get them off Y!JA.

*hopes for the sake of everyone that more alternatives pop up*

2. I agree about the faceups and eyebrows in particular. I'm not sure what tool they use but I know I wouldn't be able to do that myself (maybe after years of practice *_* ).

I think I could handle the rest but the eyebrows always stress me out.

(but I would rather have a blank head and do it myself than no head also :chibi )

3. I jsut managedto order my f09 mini - good luck everyone!

4. You lucky little... *grumble grumble*... :|

LOL just kidding! :grin: Congratulations! :D :daisy

5. Eeee! I just ordered my F-20 boy! :daisy *_* :daisy

6. Congrats! I demand a billion pictures when he comes. XD F-20 is one of the molds I was wanting. >_<; Though I'm going to end up with just finally giving into Isao instead, now.

I mailed them last night through their form begging pathetically if the deadline could be extended at all since it looks like I won't get the money in time... I didn't get a copy of the mail back, though, so I don't think I'll be able to get a reply either way... :oops: Maybe I should mail them again with the other email address I use. It'll be a no, anyway, but it'd be nice to be able to hear it.

*sigh* I loathe checks. Everyone should just use paypal or money orders or something. Even if I get it here in time, it won't clear in time.

So yeah, right now it's looking pretty bad for me. >_<

But congrats to everyone who's actually able to get their boys and girls! I'm happy for you. ^_^ Enjoy them while you think of those who couldn't do it in time. ^^

I just wish they'd given us more time... (And that they'd fricking hurried up with mailing this thing to me, I put in the request for it last Monday and Friday I got a call saying it would be sent out THIS Monday, won't even get it until the day before the deadline, the hell with being able to go in to the bank and deposit it and then get it cleared... ;_; )

And also that they'd actually put it on the page somewhere so I have something to look at pathetically. :lol:

Well, I'm gonna go cry in a corner now. :( Bye-bye, Lukas... Maybe someday someone else will start offering Sato and I can finally get you. ;_;

7. i miss optional heads..

and my chance of getting a beauty white old F-14 head. Le sigh.

I wish they hadn't discontinued that head. it isn't in the new FCS either u_u.

8. aaargh D: i guess i better hurry and order from domu ...or not. :cry: not sure what to do now. they had such a easy system.

9. I'd order right now if I didn't have the classic collector's problem: extreme lackage of funds! *_*

Don't worry, dream doll! I shall possess you one day!! :chibi

10. Hmm, does anyone know if Domuya takes CC? Their FAQ had mentioned something about having an offline CC system soon...but that information has been up there forever. ^^;

11. I've never posted here but I'm a big-time lurker... I just ordered my FCS BW Megu!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I actually did it!! Yikes, I'm gonna be eating like crap for a couple months now, :oops:
      Rachel

12. Ayaweird: I don't think Domuya takes CC. =(

Lol. XD;; Err...congrats! ^_^ Share her with us when she comes!

13. Hi

Interesting thread. Wanted to mention that Dolly and Hobby did finally get most of their order, in fact got more Heaths and Arashis than ordered, but was short on Liz. So I don't think that Volks is trying to restrict them but is having to deal with high demand for their product. I've seen this over the years with different companies.

As for Volks LA, someone spoke with Volks employees at a store in Japan, and was told non Sato FCS was planned for the LA store. Of course plans can change, but my feeling again is that if Volks is going to all of the effort to open a store here, it would be suprising that they would not attempt some sort of FCS.

Okay, so here is why I am posting. I have alot of experience collecting and selling collectables and dolls. Been doing it for over 20 years. I use to haunt Mattel Toy Clubs to occassionally find special things for people who couldn't get them otherwise. I've been selling on Ebay, have a resale license, and have a non-doll store here in the LA area. As a collector of these wonderful dolls, I know how frustrating it is to try and collect them.

I am seriously considering offering my services to anyone who needs help obtaining Volks products. Now this will be dependent on what Volks ends up selling, their inventory levels, and where the store ends up being located. If possible I will help out if they offer FCS.

So don't dispair, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And maybe, if the LA store works out, Volks will open more in other cities!

edited to add that it is very difficult right now to open a physical doll shop. Most companies are overwhelmed with orders, or for new dealers expect high first orders. Mattel requires a $5000 first order for all new dealers, and has alot of requirements regarding the physical store. Most companies won't talk to new dealers unless you are already selling other dolls. It's a catch 22. It takes a lot of work and money. That is why there are not alot of doll stores out there. I wish anyone luck trying to break into this. Definitely consider selling other items besides the dolls.

14. The posts got eaten by the crash, but I know someone had mentioned the deadline being extended and needing to order by the 28th Singapore time... Now, does that mean by the end of the 27th or by the end of the 28th? And would it be alright if I couldn't pay until the 29th? >.<

15. They're pretty fixed on 28th being the last day, and... we're faster than US time by 12 hours, so I don't think paying on the 29th will be feasible unless you email candy and ask about it

16. Indeed. I'll email her and hope I get a response this time, lol.

17. :? Still nothing on the official site, and the FCS pages are still up. This is so weird.

18. Indeed. It's ended, though, for sure, since the phase 2 email I got about an hour and a half later mentioned mine coming in so close to the deadline(About a half hour before).

They've probably just been so swamped with FCS orders they haven't had time? ^^;;; (Anyone order after 11:24am EST yesterday? :lol: I wanna know if I was the last one)

19. Hmm.. possibly.. you think the would have at least put a little notice up though. And congrats on getting Lukas. ^^

20. Indeed, it's a little worrying. ^^; I'm really just glad that they did extend it, though. *_* That one week was what I needed to get everything together well enough to bring him home. ^_^ So... Hopefully early october, as an early birthday present? :lol: Lukas. ^___^

Thank whatever gods there may be that I've got some other dolls coming in the meantime. X3 Ephram, then unknown girl, then finally Lukas. X3

<Nai> Yay Lukas! ^_______________________^

<Lutz> Bah.