1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Secret Project Nightmare Discussion

Feb 14, 2010

1. I am eager to see Nightmare without his armor. The Chiron body was such a disappointment I refuse to get too excited until I see him nude.

2. Judging by the page, it's the armour that's going to be blue and the horse an LE Black "Nightmare" will come in Limited Edition Nightmare Black Anti-UV resin

I wonder how much of the horse is limited though, it seems like the armour and colour will be, but they don't make it clear whether they're going to be making the horse itself a standard model or whether that's LE also. Given the length of time they take to make, it may be that they open it up only infrequently like Soom and their limited availability Gem thing.

I must admit I really didn't like the design of the Souldoll horse, but something about this one just grabbed me ;)

3. Very simple, on the picture the doll standing next to him looks like beeing taller than the horses head. When I stand next to a horse my head will be about the hight of where his neck begins. No way I could look above the head of the horse like the doll does in the picture.

4. Aaaand, bam! Horse with armor ordered! =^i^= *excited* The doll I have in mind as his rider is 62cm, so the sizing should work out alright there :) My warlock is getting the scythe. *happy dance of the empty wallet*

5. Wow, now that looks like a horse vs. a kiddie toy, from what I can tell from the photos in the armour.

I wonder what the armour is made of?

6. lol yay takysa so that's 2 people on the forum with an order for a horse :) if this is deemed OT then we'll have to swap pictures through PM when they arrive ;)

7. The first picture the image was taken from above. In the second image, it looks like the dolls chin/shoulders are about wither height. http://domuya.net/images/large/products/30-99/nightmare-pre10.jpg

That seems about right (I hope these links work):
      http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/images/nb09/387.Par.16449.Image.640.435.1.gif
      http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/200151417-001/Riser
      http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/88464197/Iconica

I'm short (5'4") and I can see over most horse's withers, though a really huge horse like a Clydesdale would be different. I'd say the really tall boy dolls are more like 6'2" or 6'4" and would be taller next to an average horse.

8. Oh wow, this horse looks awesome! :D I bet it'd look perfect with ~60cm range BJD's, and the price is far more attractive than Souldoll's unicorn (especially with that coupon!). I definitely hadn't planned for a Night Mare, though one could fit sooo nicely into my doll plans. :sweat

9. Weird that the horse is in Singapore dollars and not in American dollars.
      He does look very cool. Wish they had pictures of the horse without armor.

10. There's a dropdown menu near the bottom of the sidebar, you can change the currency. :)

I'd love to see it without armor too! Nice to know that the armor isn't very bulky, though.

11. I change the armor's color to blue for midnight blue because in my mail Domuya said :

"For midnight blue, it is referring to the paint job of the armor set. Thenightmare armor will not be in total blue color, it is just that the silverpaint will have a slight taint of blue. It will also features the same"worn-out" look."

and

"We will not offer the color choice for nightmare, he will be in hisunique "midnight blue", but believe me, the midnight blue is better looking,and it will bring out the true devilish side of nightmare, "Champion theme"is just to "lawful", nightmare should be "evil",shouldn't it? :)"

[​IMG][​IMG]

and compare size with my onyx (Height 68 cm with high-heel).
      [​IMG]

Note !!! - May be my scale wrong so please wait for full pic.:)

12. I don't think it will be deemed off topic just because it is a horse considering other 4 legged Soom and other manufacturer's anthro dolls are on-topic. I think the mods will need to see the horse without the armour to evaluate whether or not it meets DOA aesthetic criteria or not and make a decision.

13. A horse of relatively small size measures up to 1'60 to the cross, wich is where the head starts:

http://www.bestfriendequine.com/images/products/height_weight_tape_right_06_04_11 0116.jpg

The problem with Nightmare is not only the height, but te general volume; if he is supposed to be a full armored charger, he is too lite and tiny; I think he would work great for MSD and medium in-between sized dolls, like 53cm Zaoll, 48cm Iplehouse Jid and etc. But if he is around 70cm or less with it's head standing up, that means that a 65cm doll in boots would have the head more or less up to the same height, and I really can't see that. Most horses heads would be way up to the rider's height, unless they are ponys.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1518/blackhorse.jpg

14. I'm with you on that Pam; really want to know about the mane because if it's molded, nevermind.

15. OK, just read this: "Horse also features changeable eye, changeable mane and tail,.."
      and "Horse featured 15 movable joints, is able to mimic all major movements of a horse, body pieces are intelligently separated, so that in the future, self customization is made possible (eg. transforming into an Unicorn, Pegasus, race horse etc), achieved by getting add on parts, rather than buying a complete horse again." I'm sunk. :D

Nightmare

16. I'm afraid I am too, unless it has a weiner dog body and weird looking head. Despite really wanting too, I just don't think I can order it without seeing more details.

So, I am interpreting what they are saying about the self-customization possibilities is that they will offer replaceable heads (?) or parts to add on...I am slightly ill knowing I will have to wait another week or more until they release more photos.

17. Oh, I should not have read that info from the Codex page. Now I really want a Night Mare for my girl. :doh But I too will wait for pics of the "nude" horse. I bet it'll be awesome, but maybe I'll be able to talk myself out of it by then. Hmm, buy a boyfriend or a horse for her . . . :lol:

18. I've got the 30% coupon from the dream package, but I don't think I'll get this yet. It has the potential to be awesome, but I just hate it when sellers post pictures of a product and then say 'not actual item, only kind of like actual item', even if they're working to improve it. Oh well, just have to wait till march to see!

19. OMG! I NEED IT! I don't reallllly care what it looks like naked... LOOK AT THAT ARMOR!!! With armor like that who needs to be naked?

20. I'm sorry, how tall are you? And I assume you're referring to the horse's withers, yes? Average height for horses is 16 hands, 64 inches. And again that measurement is made at the horse's shoulder, the withers. For someone such as myself who is 5'10", the top of my head still stands a full six inches over the withers of that average horse.

If we consider the Friesian horse as a rough analog of the medieval warhorse, their average height is actually 15.3 hands or 63 inches. Five feet, three inches at the withers.