1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Secret Project Nightmare Discussion

Feb 14, 2010

1. horse height is breed specific...my Morab is no where near 16 hands. He's a wee fella at about 14.5...I look right across his back with ease. I look quite big on him.

I do agree though that to carry armor he would need to be a draft cross breed or charger,
      heavy of bone and foot.

When we see "nude" shots of him it will be easier to pin point his breed.

2. I'm intrigued by this - I rather like what I see so far. But I actually wouldn't want the horse in black even if I do decide to get one, so I'll hold off for general release (and pictures of the body without armor) before I even really consider it.

3. I am 1,74 meters, I am sorry, I am not familiar with the english terms of horse anatomy. That was what I ment when I said my head is about the hight where the neck begins. I can look over the withers but not over the head when the horses head is in his normal position like the doll seems to do on the tenth picture on the Domuya website. When I stand in front of it the horses nose will comfortably snuggle on top of my shoulder or will be even higher. And my head will be next to the lower part of his neck. Only ponies will be small enought that my eyes are higher than their ears.

4. I agree that a human is able to see over the withers, but not over the ears when the head is in normal position. On the first and last of your pictures the horses necks are down so the head is one line with the withers. On the second I'd assume the man is standing on something. But on picture 10 on Domuyas website it looks as if the doll can easily look over the horses ears when the head is up in normal position. And on the new picture with the soom doll in this thread it looks as if the dolls head is higher than the horses head as well.

5. normal horse and man

[​IMG]

6. I think that diagram shows greatly how the proportions should be... I more bothered for the doll's general volume than for the height, if that makes sense. I would like to see a flexi-perennial without so much hood and cloak, over the doll without armour; that would give me an accurate idea of the proportions... is difficult to see how large it actually is with these pictures ;_;!

7. The comparison of height should be against the horses withers (shoulders), not the head. Different horses carry their heads at different heights, some carry their heads very high, some very low. It depends on the breed.

But if it makes you happy, according to Doumya:
      Keep in mind the Perennial is 64 cm, so it will look bigger compared to a 60 cm doll or a girl doll.

8. I just got my Domuya Aeslin opened up and now I'm starting to become tempted by Nightmare... if only so my lovely armoured knight can have an awesome war horse. Although it'd actually suit another character of mine better.

9. Oh hot. So very cool. I can't wait to see the basic release of this horse.

10. Theyre really pulling me heart strings here with this epic horse- one of my favourite toys in the past was a lot alike; all horns, armor and proud stance... (Of course he was a lot smaller and cheaper, but still a pretty sight). x D
      I'd LOVE to get one, but money doesn't grow on trees so I'll just... hold my horses at least till the basic version is released? :lol:

Looking at the companies sites information, Nightmare is a tad bigger than Souldoll's unicorn.

Domu's Nightmare= Height: 70 cm Length: 65 cm
      Souldolls Ice = Height(With unicon horn) : 64 cm // Width (from horse head to tail) : 61 cm

..I wonder if Nightmare is a he or a she?

11. I wonder where the 15th movable joint is on Nightmare. I'm guessing 3 joints per leg, and 2 joints on the neck and head, so where would there be a 15th one?
      3 (ankle, 'knee', 'shoulder') x 4 Legs + lower neck + upper neck + ? = 15.

Argh, I want to see the body pics. I do like what I can see of the leg in that pic with the 'Reaper' holding the shield next to the raised front leg. You can also see the lower neck joint.

12. oooh, it may be of interest to people to know that I asked Domuya whether the stand that comes with Nightmare will be adjustable, to allow for rearing poses etc, just got this reply back:

'You bet it :)

What will a warhorse/ nightmare be if they can't do a proper "war cry" :P

Please hang on till the final pictures when the TRUE "Nightmare" came out
      from pre-order :) '

Sooo glad I ordered :)

13. That's exactly what I was thinking -- my daughter and I are huge WH40K geeks, so of course I started pointing and squealing "OMG CHAOS STEED!" when I saw him :D :D :D

I have to admit, I'm intrigued -- I collected Breyer horse models as a child/teenager, but was always annoyed that they couldn't pose . . . oh, man, do NOT let me get sucked into this one, I'd have noplace to KEEP him . . . *erk!*

-- A (who has a trip to England to save for, I do NOT need a Nightmare derailing my plans, utterly amazing as he may be!)

14. Just a must have to my Domuya Dirge of Glory girls... :D
      Ok, I've been Soomed by Soom, turned Luna'tic by Iple, and now it's just natural to be Doomed by Dumoya...:sweat

Problem is my wallet probably is seeking economic asylum on request from my credit cards, but I'll get them...:sneaky

Just 12kg and it will take up nearly as much room as my current ten dolls...
      But it's the ultimate accessory...

As fara as he size, the most effective chargers in warfare where the smaller and more agile horses, so I think the size is apropriate, even if not in class with the gigantic evil fantasy chargers we all know.

15. Yeah, I just bought a second-hand Luna Tamer, and I also got the Domuya special package from their site... I have luckily yet to be hit by Soom though.

Ack, my wallet is screaming! And I don't even like horses! But that armour... and the scythe... and my Aeslin...

Man, if this were a giant armoured tiger or other fantasy beast I would be SOLD! Man, would that be cool...

Also, thank you OldMagician for your Aeslin pictures. They were very helpful in getting my own Aeslin's armour on. :sweat

16. Oh my, I'll be waiting for the official release pics but something tells me I'll be getting this! My poor bank account :(

17. Well, there's a *seriously* wallet-endangering idea!! (From your post to the designer's ear...)
      Also, it would make a good deal of sense for Domuya to market this to all the horse model nuts out there. While there are artist's casts that are totally amazing, they're smaller in scale and even more expensive than this, and not exactly playable.
      I suspect some of the Breyer purists won't like it, but I believe others will adore it.

18. I am anxious to see him without the armor too. From what I can see, he is a lovely design and I love the articulated legs and neck. I am sure he is really cool. :)

19. Wow! It is HUGE ))) To bad i am not 10 years old anymore it cood be my dream )

20. Pam I have no idea how your horse can be 14.5 hands as there is no such thing. I think you mean 15.1 hands. Horses height are measured up to .3 they do not go to .4 and especially not .5.

My stocky is 15.1 and I can just about see over his wither. My thoroughbred is 15.3 and her wither is at the height of the top of my head. The next height up for my mare would be 16 h not 15.4 cause there is no such thing.

I think as cool as nightmare is he is equivalent to the height of a pony on an sd. Who cares though because ponies are stocky and quick little things.