1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Secret Project Nightmare Discussion

Feb 14, 2010

1. This may be a case of if they made him/her realisticly (large/thick) and people could not pose their dolls on him, the owners would be upset. And people are not thrilled with the "compromise" as its not accurate to a war horse (armour carring type). Also I cannot think of what the shipping charges would be if he was a draft/war type horse. *eekkk*

I would like to get the fullset but just do not have the cash. I am glad that there will be a regular version so I can pick it up later.

Thankfully he does look more accurate than that Souldoll "thing" that they say has a horse body.

I think if the horse has a mane his neck will look a hundred times better. The mane will add bulk visually. Though if the neck had three parts instead of two (an extra joint) would allow for more realistic posing and arching.

2. Ya if he looked like a Friesian or, even better a Gypsy Vanner it would be a dream, but I think I will prob get one, not the limited though.
      I think the height is fine. Both my own horses were under 15.2 hands, so most of my friends were way too tall for them - good thing I am short.

3. I know "pet" talks aren't on-topic for this forum, but can you guys tell me where to find info on other realistic looking pets? :| I promise my lips will be sealed regarding anything not human from now on...

4. This horse is in limited black. But I wonder if there will be extra parts will those who have bought the limited horse be able to order them in black?

5. Yes of cos, we will at least support the "Nightmare" horse. Remember we mention before all future armor set will be base on "Nightmare" build?

As for other parts, we will continue to support "nightmare" for at least 1 years if it meet the conditions.
      1. if the add on part are deem to fit on a black horse (black unicorn?)

Why 1 year? I am very concern on color matching. We do have 2 "Nightmare" kept aside, one under lab condition(heavily protected), one under moderate light exposure condition. So we will see how the black resin stand the challenge of time, to decide if we are going to support it any longer. (We will do an in-house color matching first before releasing parts to public)

When D-1 Companion is release, we will ultimately have 2 builds, we will launch a "Nightmare" build first, and the "Realistic" build will follow in June 2010.

R&D on "Realistic" build had already started. We might be able to post some on-going progress along the way to receive feedback? (no promise though :sweat)

I mentioned we will release a "Nightmare" build in D-1 Companion, please do not confuse him with the actual "Nightmare" though... Black color is unique, D-1 companion "Nightmare" build will have standard horse skin tone.

erm.... what is a good name for "Nightmare" build? any suggestion ? hehe;)

Jacky Kho

6. How about Akhal-Teke? As several people have mentioned above, the "nightmare" styled body looks a lot like that breed of horse, so it would be appropriate. :) And it's a beautiful sounding word.

7. Or, if that's too much of a mouthful for people, it could be shortened to AT Build.

8. Or Slender Build, or Fantasy Build, for the people who do not know horse breeds. I think AT would be too confusing.

9. In agreement of MareOfNight, I like "Fantasy Build" especially in conjunction with a "Realistic Build".

10. I would love to make my Nightmare into a pegasus with unicorn horn... In BLack!
      A very fearsome Nightmare!

11. Oh yes, I'd love a black Pegasus/unicorn. It may not be a 'traditional' colour, but I think it would look pretty amazing!:)

12. Great news Domuya plans to offer a more realistic build in addition to the slim build! Can't wait to see it!

13. Oooh! I want a realistic resin horse for my bjds. :) White or grey would be nice.

14. Realistic build sounds fantastic. I would love if there was all sorts of paint and color options. I am glad to see someone is finally making a to-scale BJD horse.

15. Something like this horse aesthetic would be great for the more realistic version of the horse Domuya is working on:

[​IMG]

16. Oh yes! :D

17. I would like something more powerful, like a Friesian or a Gypsy Vanner, and with feathers! He said there will be option heads, so some of the more distinct ones like an Arabian face would be cool too. I think the pic above has too delicate of legs. Those would be hard to pose and balance.

18. Rawr I cannot wait for more newsss

19. We should be hearing something soon, right? I mean, I would consider this mid-march...

20. Mmmm it's very quiet. Would love to hear when the first horse is shipped.