1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't be embarrassed!

Feb 11, 2007

2. People who mind, don't matter. People who matter, don't mind. ^_^ My friends think it's cute. They don't agree with the price, but they also don't say nasty things like "that's a waste" and blardy-blardy-blar*!

*"blardy-blardy-blar" is my version of blah-blah-blah

3. I was telling my friend about it today and she's like "aww that sounds adorable, you have to show me! I want one!"
      haha.
      <33

4. Ohh, having a dollie just ADDS to the stares i already get! ;D I'm one of those people who dress funny. ^_^ I think that you shouldn't be embarrassed, but feel highar about yourself for having somthing that you care so much about! <3 People these days abandon teddy bears and objects that hold emotion way too quickly. D:

5. I'm not one of those overly confident people who wears freaking Tutu's and their own version of "fashion" (I mean, my fashion is a little wird, but you get the gist of it...) but my self esteem is far from down the tubes. I'm one of those people who where's whateverthehell colors with whateverthehellother colors because who CARES if I clash? But there are some things I don't like doing in public... (My Dad tried to get me to wear one of my cosplays out to eat. X____X) But I'm only 13, so It wouldn't just count as a weird adult hobby, it would be more of a retarded teenager who still plays with dolls sort of thing. > >;

6. I wish i had as much confidence as so many of u all.
      I'm 18 but still i have no confidence at all (just look at my maths working out)
      I don't dress very different, different from british fashion i suppose, especially when i wore leg-warmers and long socks like 2 YEARS before anyone thought of wearing them.
      I'm just weird i think, my mum thinks i am. She wonders why can't i like things other people like. Cos i like

1. manga 2. anime 3. j-pop music 4. J-rock 5. J/K doramas 6. Dolls 7.different 'special' unique clothes 8. yaoi manga

really...

My friend thought i was insane to even consider of getting a &#163;360 doll. Tho i told her IDON'T DRINK so i save ALOT of money on that. Most my friends only find it stupid cos it took me so long to want a first one... i do feel bad about it they were sympathetic when i wanted one, two is a no no >__<

7. Well at the end of the day, you got to make yourself happy first ^_^ We've all got our own ''weird'' aspects of our personalities, because what's weird and what's normal is subjective to every person.

For me, being able to save up that long and hard for something you want, is admirable! In the end, it is your money, not your friends'. They can give their opinions about it, but you don't need to live by their opinions ^_^

8. The money really is worth it

9. Over here where I live people (not all,but many) are still quite old fashioned and find anything new odd.That amounts to lot of confused (even angry or loathing) stares.Especially from people that are maybe a bit older.You wouldnt believe that judging by the amount of BJD's over here.
      At first I was a bit embarassed to take little Jiro out,but now I carry him,and his brothers,out with pride.I've decided that if people stare I'll give them something to stare about. :lol:
      The other day I went to buy a carrier bag for the dolls,one they could look out from.The woman in the shop couldn believe it when I asked her if I could try the bag for size. :lol: It was quite funny actually,seeing peoples faces when I marched in to the dressing room to see if Tomo fitted in the bag! :D Heh,I even asked if the bag can take the weight of three dolls.

... mom still wont let me take them out when she is there too...:| :doh

10. The only time I am embarassed is when people will not stop asking questions while I am trying to study, but that is to be expected. The other time is when I've taken my doll to school, and since I work on campus I have my doll with me. I don't like the doll distracting me when I need to take care of their business. So I keep them under the control desk where I work.

11. i'm not embarrassed to carry isaac around. by all means i try to take him out whenever i can.

12. I'll never be embarrassed by my dolls. People that don't know me well always make stupid comments but they aren't my good friends so I've learnt not to tell people that I don't know well, just to avoid being offended by some random idiot.
      All my friends love my dolls (I have dolls other than BJD) My best friend even knows most of their names coz she's kick ass!
      I must admit I did feel a little self-conscious carrying such a large doll around in front of my family and friends at first by they all love Hikari and they made me feel it was perfectly natural and wanted to hold her too. :)
      I can imagine if people make you feel bad about a hobby you would be embarrassed but I love my girl so much I'd just face the odds together with her. I just happen to be a lucky person in that everyone loves my dolls. :D

13. No, I'm not embarrassed. I've always marched to a different beat. People expect the unexpected from me and even if they didn't it wouldn't matter.

14. :3nodding:
      yeah!
      I wish I learned this sooner!

15. i'm not embassised. i just say i don't have kids so these are like them to me. and most people at work think i'm odd any way so they are fine with it.

16. I wouldn't say I'm embarrased exactly, but I don't feel it necessary to show off dolls to those who don't care about them. I also cosplay. But I don't tell people I meet on the street "I wear cartoon costumes! Wanna see my Cosplay.com profile?" To me, if I'm doing a photoshoot or something for my dolls, I'm not embarrased, and I will carry them around with my camera. I won't however carry them everywhere on the street with no purpose. People will stare. And they won't understand it. Just like I won't wear a costume on the subway. To me, it feels inappropriate. Like wearing Jeans on easter sunday, or a prom dress to a basketball game. There's a time and place for everything.

If the occasion and the image match, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. If they don't... well... to each their own. I can't do that, nor do I want to.
      But if someone is comfortable going VERY against the grain, then that's totally their perogative. I have no problem with it.

17. I think Kendra is right...everyone should be proud of things that are part of them, since every one of us is a different and unique person, and nobody shouldn't tease or keep anybody's hobbies, clothes, religion etc. weird or stupid. (OK ok, I don't think sex with children and animals and desire to hurt others isn't okay or wise! -_-')

18. I'm still waiting for my first doll, but I know he's going to wind up wandering all around town with me (I'm working on how to give him handholds to ride on my head or shoulder securely). Not all the time, but enough. So I'm quite glad after seeing so many of those embarrassed posts to realize I'm already way past it. Coming home with a friend when you're in high school to find your mom sitting cross legged in the middle of the living room chanting "E.T. phone home" puts things in perspective. And given how many odd things I've already carried to class or work, a doll is nothing. Scared as anything about trying to go to a meet up and meet other BJD people, but not at all distressed by random people seeing me with the doll.

On a side note, I generally don't let people see my old teddy bear, I still love him to bits but I got tired of the screaming.
      Another side, I DO still get embarassed by my tendency to babble. Argh, works on nerve to hit submit...

Wow, I was gonna just let this vanish, then I noticed a dirty spot on the mouse - voila, posted.

19. I'm not embarassed now. I admit though when I first got Inanna and I brought her to my college to show my friend Zavrinas who was anxiously awaiting her arrival with me I was a bit reluctant to pull her out and sit her on the table at first. I got over it though pretty quickly. Now I could really care less what people thing of my hobbie. Those who are most important to me all seem to understand (although I do get the "you payed as much as I'm paying for my car" thing from my brother and the "how can you sleep in the same room as them, I'm waiting for their heads to start spinning" thing from some of my friends) they don't ridicule me for it, they actually pretend to be interested most of the time. My newest girl was actually a gift from my dad and brothers as an early birthday/christmas present and once I'd ordered her my dad even threw in a "I'm looking forward to seeing your new doll Mindy"... it's hard to be embarassed when you're surrounded by people who care enough about you to care about your hobbies.

20. Just a quick point.
      My girl had a message on her myspace about the pictures of us together from another doll and how the doll's owner would 'never do that'. It struck me as odd, embarrassment?

I have pictures of us together on myspace and also she has pictures of us together on hers. I'm not ashamed to be seen with her. In fact there are even pictures of us together on my friends myspace!

Now there can't be anything more embarrassing than this! Thanks for that Vanya, LMAO!
      [​IMG]
      I was tired! lol

Be proud to be with your dolls because they are proud to be with you. :)