1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't you wish the companies would use several faceups in their photos?

Jun 10, 2010

1. I do wish doll companies would do this, yes. I particularly wish that Dream of Doll would do so, since they have so many options for faceups. They have five different options, but the "gore" and "goth" paint jobs don't have a lot of owner pics. I'd like it if DoD would show examples of each paint job.

2. It would definitely be nice because sometimes it's hard for me to find photos from owners that have done their own faceup which makes it difficult to imagine the head with different features.

3. Personally, I would prefer to see them all blank. I do my own faceups or commission them, so it wouldn't even bother me if none of them had faceups or blushing in factory pictures. I just want to see the full blank nude doll and envision what I can do with it myself. Same with clothing. I couldn't care less about fancy fullsets. It's especially annoying to me if I can't find a nude blank picture at all, but there are 10 fullset photos in artistic lighting.

4. Yes. Different options and photos of «naked head» helps to get a good idea of the mold.

5. I would like it if more companies provided a photo of a blank head for each doll, so I could get a clear idea of the face sculpt. If they only offer one face-up, I see no reason for them to show others, but one of it blank would be helpful, especially if the company face-up is dark.

6. I think it would be pretty neat if companies showed multiple faceup styles along with the blank head. I know some do; for example Migidoll has pictures with the faceup and blank pictures as well, but you can also search their limited editions which usually have a special faceup. Iplehouse shows multiple faceups with different angles of the blank head as well. It is really helpful when companies do this, and I hope the trend moves in this direction.

7. It would be great if all companies would show the blank faces along with the face-ups because they do not usually do that and if the doll is not well painted or with a face-up that I don't like or one that hides some of the features... Well, I won't be able to properly admire the doll.

8. that would be perfect! I saw that only on withal (2 alternative face ups)

9. It's interesting to note that a few of Resinsoul's dolls have pictures of nude body and blank face, some just have one or the other and some have neither. I wish they would standardize it for the site, and have photos of the body and the blank face available to look at for all the dolls. I've found that a couple other sites are like this too. When will they realize that doll buyers want to see what the face looks like both with, and without makeup?

10. Seeing the blank photos is important to me too so I can get a more accurate idea of how the sculpt looks! Though I don't think having multiple different faceups is necessary (there is a charm to each sculpt having a "signature look"), it would be neat to see as well.