1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoT Homme Ducan Discussion

Sep 25, 2006

1. Ah-ha! Thank you! I had decided to get him without his makeup anyway because of those eyebrows, but I usually love DOD makeup, so now I know for the future! :D

2. I think it's 95$ more for the outfit ^_^;; (655 with outfit, 560 for the doll alone), without the shipping though..

3. Just in case, The wig will not look like the promo pic's once you have it. You'll have to style it yourself. DoD did mention they used wax, but I don't know if they will style it before they ship it out. They usually don't. >__<

4. For Camine, did they say that the outfits were limited before???

so since it doesn't say it's limited, there's a chance it's always available right?

5. When the first DOTs were released (Camine, Lahoo & Shall), DOD was very clear that the outfits were only available as a FS and were very limited. However, the various Homme outfits weren't advertised as part of a FS. They weren't advertised as limited. I'd say your chances are *very* good that they are unlimited and will be available for quite some time.

That said, much as I love DOD dolls, the company has got to have the worst track record in the business for bad/incomplete/flat-out-wrong communication with their customers. Note, for instance, the release and subsequent sell-out of one of the dolls a full day before they said it would be available.

6. Am I going insane though? Didn't they say Homme Ducan would be realeased on the 28th KST? It isn't the 28th in Korea yet*_* They are 13 Hrs a head of us not a full day.
      -Anthony

7. I've emailed them about the outfit and wig :) I'll let everyone know what they say. (also about purchasing them separately without the homme ducan though now I really want another one XD)

8. You're not crazy. ;) They just released a full day before they said they would, even with the time/date differential. With DOD, that's perfectly normal. That was why I was using it as an example of their poor communication...

9. I think they released earlier so they could offer that Chu Seok (Korean Thanksgiving day) Special ^^

"Chu Seok (Korean Thanksgiving day) Special !!!
      To the customer who purchase any of our new Homme verson-Ducan,Kirill &Ivan - order and payment done by 26th,27th,28th of Sept. ( until Korean time 12 am, midnight on 28th)
      We will send the wig - random pick. "

10. From my Understanding, only Limiteds have the option of White Skin or Normal Skin. Standards only come in Normal Skin.
      -Anthony

11. Guys, not meaning to be anal about this, but so many people have been calling him Duncan. It's Ducan!!! :| Same goes for Camine, my Kyouya is always very miffed when people refer to him as Carmine. DOD has this weird drop-a-letter name thing going on, lol I kept getting it wrong in the beginning too.

Anyway Kyouya insists that Ducan is his bored evil twin. So yeah. Who's to argue with him :roll: I just think he'd make a really hot rock star *fangirls*.

Stated on the solo page:

Wig : as shown on picture ( slight variation as it is hand-made)

For the style of the wig shown picture we use hair wax.

You can make your own style to your liking.

All DOD dolls come with the wig pictured, as far as I know. I believe the random pick you refer to is the special thanksgiving offer they're having - They're giving away a random free extra wig to those who order & pay for Homme Ducan, Kirill or Ivan during 26-28 Sept.

full quote:
      Chu Seok (Korean Thanksgiving day) Special !!!
      To the customer who purchase any of our new Homme verson-Ducan,Kirill &Ivan - order and payment done by 26th,27th,28th of Sept. ( until Korean time 12 am, midnight on 28th)
      We will send the wig - random pick.

12. Umm if I'm not wrong, white skin limiteds only come in...... white skin. :sweat And tan limiteds come in tan skin. There's never really been an optional skin choice, the limiteds come with whatever skin they're shown with on the promo page.

13. For limited Elf Ducan, Elf Ivan and Elf kirill you can chose the skin color. Those are the only three I know of that DoD gave that option to.

14. Well the Tanned Limiteds only came in Tan because that was the reason they where limited, that was thier appeal. They wer tan:) But the other Limiteds such as Ducan, came in your choice of either White or Normal skin. You can take a look at this for yourself on Dream of Doll's Ducan Page, though he is already SOLD OUT the option for skin type is still there:sweat
      -Anthony

15. As what everyone else was saying, the unlimited dolls only come in normal skin. If you're wanting a more pale doll though, you're in luck because DoDs are pretty pale apparently compared to other dolls. I believe their white skin is more like paper white while their normal is more of a pale creamy/pinky color. :3

16. Oh this is so not fair! Just when I'm all set on my next two boys! I want Ducan!!! :...( He looks more amazing than I thought he would! *grumbles*

17. Haha, exactly what I meant to say, with reference to the skin tone limiteds (what would be the point of getting a black shall limited and choosing normal skin? XD).

I didn't know about the elves though :doh I saw all of the others, but never checked the elves for skin tones because well, I didn't really like them. But I like the homme ones :3

Edit: BTW, can anyone else see my avatar? Because I can't, but it shows up in my user section under avatar so I don't know what's going on...

18. :nosebleed oh no... this is the only DOT that I actually fell in love with... He just took the wishlist place of my Woosoo *feels bad-- Don't worry Woosoo I still am gonna get ya!!! Right after I get me a Ducan... :eusa_sile ) Well after I get my Luna a body and other things, I will be getting a Ducan... :whee:

19. can't see it. i haven't been able to see it for several pages now.

20. Oh, you got the juri mod! I think she's really cool.

Rukawagf: really? cripes. I wonder what's wrong >.<