1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoT Homme Ducan Discussion

Sep 25, 2006

1. omg ><" Homme Ducan.

I wont be able to get him until next year =3

Damn money, why can't it fall out of a tree >.>

2. Just keep on saving for him... I took 1 1/2 year before I can finally have him!! I'm very happy when I finally hold him in my arms!! YOu'll never regret it :D

3. Lol! I guess thats why my husband liked Camine a bit too...
      Hmm.. I'd love to see a Camine with a Ducan default faceup. Don't get me wrong, I have no hate for the sleepy eyes, its just I feel more can be expressed with an opened eyed head.

4. I just ordered my homme ducan with light brown make-up and the clothes from the piccie. I'M SO EXCITED! It's only been a couple of days since I've ordered him and I already feel like I should get him tomorrow. This is going to be one heck of a wait....

So, any of you currently with homme ducan, what color eyes did you get? I know they say random, but most pics I've seen of him he does have the cobalt eyes. Any color would look amazing with him though <3

5. My Ducan (arrived early this month) had blue eyes as his default.

6. Ducan is a wonderful mold. There seems to be so many people that have him. He seems to be very popular.

7. When I got my boy he came with the default blue. :) Light colours like blue look good with him, since his default face up has slight blue eye shadow and his eyes are kind of closed, so darker colours don't look as defined from afar. [They still look nice though. I have brown eyes in my boy at the moment and they look great. :3]

8. I ordered mine this last Friday, two days ago :3 Feels lovely! I asked for a custom make-up, too... will be very interesting to see how it turns out. XD (No, I'm not nervous about it. Not at all. Oh no. Nope. Not. Uh-uh. Not a bit........ ^^°)

9. I believe they do not take custom face-up order.

10. I recently placed an order on Homme Ducan.
      He is my first BJD purchase. I can't wait for him to get here.
      His faceup is soo pretty... what sexy eyes!

I read that default faceups will "eventually smudge off."
      Is this true? If so, would spraying MSC over the default faceup be a good idea? Thanks!

11. DoD already coats their face-ups considerably (I tried rubbing off my Ducan's once for 30 minutes and nothing came off) so I think you should be okay, unless you, say, took a blunt object to his face, haha.

Recoating a face-up with MSC also makes the whole thing look matte again, so the gloss on his lips would be covered.

12. Izam: Apparently they did :D It doesn't really say on their website, but I guess if you ask kindly they'll do it anyway :3 So now my Ducan will have different-coloured eyebrows, eyelashes and eyeshadow... exciting! :D

13. Oh...please show us when he's home! They also did custom face-up for my order but that was so long ago.

14. Hi all!
      I'm new to all this bjd loveliness but I'm already saving up for Ducan! Hopefully by my b-day I'll have enough!! October though:(...
      DOD didn't state how tall he was but I assume he is 64 like the other DOT, right? Too bad the elf version isn't available but I here you can mod ears after the fact...I'll have to research this heavily before I even attempt this though! Don't want to hurt the first doll I get!!

15. yup he's the same size as the others. I think someone is selling their Elf version in the marketplace but the second market prices can get crazy sometimes. Modding isn't too bad if you're adding on XD for ears a lot of people use epoxy, shape it and then sand or use a dremmel to get it smooth and exact. Thing is you'll need to paint it to match the rest of the ear.

DoD says they don't do custom faceups, and it really depends who you get. Sometimes they will sometimes they won't.

16. Will do. :) There will probably be a loooot of box-opening pictures here somewhere. ;)
      What kind of custom face-up did you get?

Seems like I've got one of the nice persons there, then :D Even though all the business has been taken care of, we're still in touch by email, talking about spring and weather and climate change and whatever. XD

17. They shipped my Ducan this Friday! :D He'll most likely arrive next week... the week of my graduation, wheee! :D :D :D Such perfect timing. <3

18. Awesome, congratulations!

19. He is here! :D And he's so pretty. #^.^#

20. I got my Homme Ducan at the DOLLISM PLUS 3 convention here in Hong Kong this past Saturday. The lady, Sue, said there were no more of them on hand, so I got to choose between the 2 left as display models. Which means ... I was very lucky, because I "get" what I "see" and not have to worry about the make-up, color of the eyes, shipping and when will it arrive and stuff.

I named him Kiyoshi. :D And he has honey-green eyes. So beautiful! :aheartbea

Here is a picture of him, taken on the day I bought him.
      [​IMG]

And this picture below is the 2 Homme Ducan's on display at D.O.D. section of Dollism Plus 3 convention. I bought the one on the LEFT.
      [​IMG]