1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoT Homme Ducan Discussion

Sep 25, 2006

1. Hehe :> I really wish I could afford to have twins... (well semi twins o_O Elf and Homme are so different... both both so gooorgeous) oh gosh the picture spam I woud produce... so many dolls so little money~!! But I wanna gather up a couple other of my dream dolls before I get Homme Ducan the doll ^^ but I'm happy I found someone else to split the outfit with. Now... just need to hunt down a wig!!

2. How do you think he would look next to an Unoss or Hypermaniac Skadi? Anyone?

Lishe

3. I broke down and paid for an Homme....no faceup so I'll see if I can try my own hand at it....

4. wow Ducan really is like El... he likes to enslave us... there's gonna be an army of them soon 0.0 it must be the smirk/smile lol

5. That's exactly it! I have an Elf Ducan, and my best friend has an Elf El, and between them, they've divided all of the rest of our boys up by ownership. Now I have an Homme Ducan coming, and she's getting her sleeping Elf El a body, so I think the territories will be even more clearly defined ;) I think the only one immune is my friend's BW kiss, who (with his devil makeup), looks like he owns *everyone*. LOL

6. Awww Lucky you Turynn... I'm still lookin for someone to Split my Ducan with:(
      -Anthony

7. lol I've more or less given up. Going to do my own faceup on him and probably give him to my friend as a gift (who really wants a BJD)

Good luck though beautiful doll on splitting yours

8. Thank you Rilly... You are like the Awesomest Chick Alive lol Always so kind and we've been going for the same Dolls lately which is also cool;) But thank you so much for your all your words of Kindness, Advice, & Hope. Your awesome babe.
      -Anthony

9. :blush

awww thanks Anthony! (hehe and yes the same dolls recently ;) maybe we just have good taste XD)

10. Hey you guys,

Do you know if they are going to restock him, and if they are....will they sell him with the outfit when they restock him again?? Or will they restock him without the outfit.

The body is the same thing except standard, it's just that the face up is different, and the clothes are different, but I truly love my ducans elf ears and nails.

^_^ :)

11. he's been out of stock and restocked every night so far. now it's past 28th, DoD will probably on vacation. they'll be back in a week or so

and each time it got restocked, (about 10 per night) they allowed the outfit as well.

now the real mystery is, is the outfit gonna be available after their vacation, and it wasn't just their promotional thing for their Chusuk holiday. I think the outfit will always be available at this rate though.

12. exactly.... it's like battle against Ducan Army vs. El Army.

which case, both are actually my wishlist rofl (I like ducan slightly more then El, but i want both in the end):love

13. What happened while my computer was out????

NO.... Now I have to scrape for that outfit and wig?

Rukawagf

You said that they have been restocked every night, around what time ( in korean) is that?

That way I can configure the korean time to my time and log it... hopeing I can get the outfit... but the doll will have to go... gotta make room for my SA husky.....( I just hope I dont fall in love with him like I did my elf ducan...)

This is, of course, assuming I can get him... hopeing this is the last night they sell him before they go on thier holiday..... it IS the 29th thier time right now... :( I guess I will stalk the site.....

14. I do soo hope he's a full set X.x it would be nice to get the doll with clothes for a change lol so far I hadn't seen anything that said he won't come with clothes later, only read the announcements that the wig is randomly given to those who've ordered on the first 3 days he's out. Dunno about afterwards, but either way I sure hope he can be purchased with clothing, since they don't seem to have any DOT standard full sets yet and it sure would make up for the Elf Ducan thing ^^;

15. how often do dot's get restocked?

16. Are we sure he was restocked? My guess was (considering he was only back in stock for a couple of hours last night) that some people either cancelled their orders (or DoD cancelled them for not sending payment or something).

I'm new-ish to DoD, but I thought there was generally a longer lapse between a doll going out of stock and properly back in stock. But I could be wrong. :)

17. well i hope he doesn't run out completly for a long...long...long time because i really want him, but sadly i only have about $24 saved up

18. I've ben keeping an eye on the numbers even after I ordered mine, but it looks like they're releasing a certain amount everyday and restocking him in the next day.

19. i believe the above user replied but this is what i've gotten so far

i've been checking Dream of doll since the 25th about once an hour (rofl i'm insane)

okies so on the 26th-27th around 11pm in eastern time (that's like 10am or 11am korean time) i saw that 10 were available.

It was still availble around 1am. then i fell asleep.

When i woke up and checked around 9am eastern time, it was sold out.

So around 27th-28th eastern time midnight, i saw that 8 of them were avilable. Then 28th 9am eastern time, it was sold out

so my guess is, like the above user said, they were restocking a certain number at a time.

Dreamofdoll doesn't always restock every day. I think they did for Ducan because of the special event holiday sale thing. Also my guess is, that dreamofdoll like all other companies, (doll companies, law office, doctor's office etc) they open around 8-10am and close 5-7pm ish. someone might still check mail for them outside the time zone, but my guess is, it's office-like-factory. (i've seen pictures of inside a doll company once. they had this lady with a sewing machine in the office lol)

anyways, so it makes sense that the office workers will update their website and if they restock dolls, they'll mark that they restocked the doll when their office opens. (No one really wants to work overtime after all rofl)

something along that line. again i'm totally new to doll industry so i don't think i'm 100% correct. This just comes from my experience as office worker ^^;;;

I also know from a friend who is a resin kit builder, that a resin normally can be casted 10-20 times. (sometimes more sometimes less of course)

So my guess (again, it's a guess) is that they can recast about 10-20 a day? (though of course, this doesn't explain how other doll companies can sell so many at once but ah well rofl)

20. well the homme ducan is again, up for sale. right now there's 10 available

go for it guys! (i'm saving up for it still)

good luck!

11:21pm eastern time right now