1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoT Resin - what is it like?

Dec 26, 2005

1. My T. Too is no more shiney than my MSD Shinsiya, but I have washed both in dishsoap and lightly sanded tham with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper (the black kind), so they look the same.

I don't think the shininess has to do with the resin as much as what the parts looked like when they went into the molding process...shiney parts in, shiney parts out.

DoD also sands their bodies before they send them. If you use very fine sand paper (600-1200) you will get a shinier surface (some of the sanding sponges labeled "extra fine" have a higher grit count) which is why I like 400, it gives me a satiny texture without being too shiney, plus I think MSC sticks better.

(Oh, my dolls are uncoated except for their faces...I don't care for coated bodies.)

2. Good point, I didn't even think of that. I'd take a slightly-shiney doll to having to sand myself anyday... I hate the sound of sandpaper on stuff xD

3. I do not own a DOD doll, but from what I saw in Vanilla's resin (DOD Shall) is that the resin is very life like! Really pinkish, and less prone to get yellow... The old resin looks like it gets yellower every day, so does the CP Beauty White! I always keep my Maeve out of the sunlight... o.o
      But the CP BW resin is very good too, not shiny at all! And I took off the MSC because of the greyish look it gave to her body ;^; I have to apply more sometime, but I have to find a way to buy it!!! o.o

4. DoD sand their bodies first?? oh..Juyoku's skin isnt shiney and is very pale (which I love), but when he came he had spots on his chest that looked like someone tried to sand him with paper that wasnt fine enough :( I like the resin a lot myself but that sanding thing does make me a little sad T^T Ill need to fix that one day...

5. Oh, I'm sorry -- I wasn't talking about you at all! I used Customhouse as an example because it was the only other shiny resin I had ever seen, not because you had one of their dolls! I didn't mean to offend anyone either. ^^;

I have absolutely no judgement about you and your dolls, I swear. We love who we love, and it's not always predictable, so I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping some dolls and letting others go.

6. Yes, she was very shiny under her make up. I think Customhouse resin is good quality, and I equally like CP and Volks. I had a Yen for a week, we didn't bond, but the first thing that I noticed about him was that his resin felt plasticky - which doesn't mean that DoD resin is low quality, just that I didn't like it. Also, that was back in April, it could've been the batch.

7. I just got my T.Bee-A, and she's not shiny at all; but I got her from a woman who had her sanded, blushed, and coated. Her color is a lovely peaches and cream. I'm very pleased with her.

It's too bad you didn't bond with your T.Too, Rynn, but to each his own. At least you know now that you prefer other brands, and you've found dolls you are happy with.

8. My Customhouse body - from a ltd St Demian - was really shiney (though not as shiney as Pchannness's Zen oo; ). Kuro also became shiny as he was played with. I gave them both a light sanding and that worked really well to take them back to their soft matteness they came with.
      I haven't had any problems with my CP resin yet. But I think it's from the old batch, I'm worried about the new CP resin... ;_;