1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon's Shell Doll Minis

Dec 28, 2019

1. @vermont chick - if it helps make up your mind, my vote goes to Ghost, personally XD

2. One vote for each. Gee, that really helps nail down my choice.:XD: I want both, but I absolutely, positively can't afford two. To make matters worse, another company is bringing back some tinies I want. It's not fair!

3. Looks like you can also just buy the heads now if someone wants to try a hybrid (or have heads share a body). The head only price is very reasonable....

4. My thinking is that by buying heads only, I can get both Dog and Ghost. I suspect/hope that they will fit on a Luts Model Delf boy body, but I have some other bodies that might work.

I never used to buy floating heads, but now that my collection has outgrown the space I have for it, heads are looking like a very viable option.

5. Oh excellent! I hadn't considered a model delf but I bet it would look really good

6. It all depends on the size of the neck. I have two Model Delf boys, both normal skin but one is a little older and he has mellowed a bit, so I don't know if he'll match even if the head fits. I don't have the neck measurement. I never know exactly where on the neck they take the circumference so I don't know where to measure. Still, the price is right so I'm willing to get both heads and experiment with my various fashion male bodies. Something's gonna fit, right? I'm assuming pale normal will be my best color option.

Iplehouse JID boys are a similar size, too, with the right size neck. I don't know how they'll look with a tiny head, though.

7. Yeah fitting a head to a body is definitely hard work. Sometimes the neck is the right circumference but the wrong length, or the shoulders are too narrow or wide and make the head look off. I think you've got a great collection to work with thou and find a good fit

8. I did it! I ordered Dog and Ghost heads today. Now to check my email to see if I've been invoiced yet. Can't wait for them to get here. It will be interesting to see whose bodies they manage to steal.:lol:

#49 vermont chick, Jun 1, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    9. Thanks! I paid this morning, so all I have to do now is sit back and wait. How many months it will take is anybody's guess, but I imagine she won't make anything until the end of the pre-order period.

10. Mine wait for the full doll wasnt very long, in fact I think it was exactly what the listing said the wait time is. I bet for just heads it's a little faster.

11. I sure hope so. Not that there's any real rush, I just want them in time to do faceups before the snow flies.

12. Yeah if I remember right my ferret shipped a month after the pre-orders closed? It was very fast.

13. That was probably before Covid-19, right? It may ship quickly but then it may get hung up somewhere that still has a quarantine in effect.

14. I really like Pitbull, but the head is bigger than my Dollshe Fashion boys...but then again I have an agatti Edmund/Edmund Vampire on the way who also has a bigger head than my Dollshe boys. I guess I should just bite the bullet and get him, huh? :sweat

15. @redmaiko - You should bite the bullet and get Pitbull. I have a Dollshe Fashion Saint whose head is smaller than all my other fashion guy heads. No matter which fashion bjd you buy in the future, I have a feeling it will have a bigger head than Dollshe's.

16. It was, yeah, who knows how that will affect shipping *sighs* at the very least, though, the actual creator does have a history of getting orders out in a timely fashion so that's something.

@redmaiko I'm pretty sure fashion Dollshes have pretty notoriously small heads in general, so if you ever want to own another doll not within that same line I think you're going to have to bite that bullet regardless XD. I would be curious to see just what the difference looks like, though; I've got a Fashion Dollshe Maxi Grant Phillipe on order myself.

17. Yup, I just went for it. I prefer the smaller heads, but yeah. Every other company/artist gravitates toward larger msd as you guys mentioned. So he is ordered!! Thanks for the nudge guys! lol:XD:

18. Way to go @redmaiko! I don't think you'll find his head too big. Dollshe fashion heads are roughly size 4-5 while other brands are size 5-6. It's not a huge difference. Congrats!