1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Doll 'Lily' from Laidoll - Anyone Recognise Her?

Aug 23, 2006

1. *waves* Welcome to the family! (^^) Lilys really are wonderful dolls. I can't wait to see the face-up you give yours. (^_^) I've also been looking into what shoes and eyes to get for my doll. I ordered mine (Keiko) 16mm ones from Dollmore and a pair of shoes from them. Dollmore is being annoying right now, though, and is taking forever to get me my order. *sigh* Whenever I get them, I'll post photos here. I tried putting Keiko in a pair of boy Dollmore shoes that fit my DOC U very well and they were quite big on her. I think the shoes I ordered her will probably be fairly big on her too. Her feet measure about 5.5cm so a lot of shoes should fit. I'm having issues finding shoes she isn't going to find too large though. XD I'm planning to order her some boots from Edendoll later. They'll probably be somewhat big on her though. It looks as though some of the Kid Delf shoes should fit her. It's important to look at the measurements of every shoe before buying a pair. I wish I had checked a bit better before ordering her Dollmore shoes. We shall see how they fit in a few days. (^^);;

2. hm i have a pair of sneakers from dollmore that fit just fine n_n i haven't tried any other shoes on her though n_n;;

3. She's pretty cute, if a little wide-eyed in those eyes. But considering that some of Laidoll's clothing seems to be very obvious copies of other companies (Referring to the new Devil and Angel Wing set compared to Luts' Riche set, which came out a long time ago) I don't trust them at all. I don't want to start a flame war, just adding my .02$ about it.

4. peach and lime sounds interesting n_n i like 16mm eyes best (sorry i missed that in your question above) but i prefer the smaller eyes for a more mature look. otherwise, she comes with 18mm eyes. who are you thinking of sending her off to?

omichao, thanks for your opinion but this thread is about the doll not the company distributing it n_n;;

5. this is my Laidoll Lily, Ruthie-

[​IMG]

her eyes look a little wonky because they're reflective silver and don't photograph well. she's a little vampire :) my husband did the faceup. i am delighted with everything about her except her hands- she can't hold a book- will be buying a DZ female pair for her, if the webmaster tells me they will fit.

6. Ruthie makes such a cool and yet adorable vampire. <3 I love what you did with your Lily! I've loved all the Lilys I've seen thus far. Everyone puts so much into their dolls. (^_^)

Here is my Lily now that she's been fixed up thanks to the stuff I ordered from Dollmore (which finally arrived):

[​IMG]

I love her long wig and her eyelashes (although they were really difficult to get in). XD Her new eyes as 16mm yellow-green acrylics. They look pretty nice but I might opt to get her a pair of purple ones later.

The shoes are a little bit too big for her. They seem to be alright though.

7. *Dances* I've finally found the right thread! Anyway, I just ordered my Lily last moth, and am SO happy to see all of these amazing examples. I can't wait!

8. My Lily came in last week, and she's GORGEOUS--even without the faceup. :] All of her photos and photostories are linked at my doll blog.

9. congrats both of you :)

_Denzel, who do you plan on doing the face-up?

10. LadySaiyuki is doing Momo's faceup this weekend! 8D she's a close friend, and her dolls look amazing, so I trust her entirely. X3 I even get to watch her do it! (she'll be doing it the night before the holiday meetup in orlando!)

ALSO, AS A SIDE NOTE; since someone asked before, standard MSD shoes will fit on Lily, but her feet are tiny enough to fit perfectly into teen trends shoes. XD That's what Momo is wearing right now!

And, I've learned that Lily heads are somewhat 6/7-sized, so she can even wear Yo-SD wigs!

11. ooh this weekend? exciting! n_n i look forward to seeing how it turns out!

12. There doesn't seem to be any sort of Laidoll info thread, so I figured here would be the best place to ask.
      I've ordered a Lily body for my Serendipity head..collection, and Laidoll seems to have the most confusing order system ever. It says my order is in "Finished" status, but I've not received the box. I clicked "Claim," hoping that it would start the shipping, but somehow I think I've really screwed it up. Their supposed Q & A board looks more like an email guestbook, so is there some way I can ask Laidoll what my EMS shipping number is? Guh. >.<

13. I never had this sort of problem and from the sounds of things, it appears either they did mess up the order and figure they shipped it when they didn't or it got shipped to the wrong address. It took quite a while after I got my Lily for the status of my order to say finished but that only happened after I got her. I'm not quite sure how the claim system works, but I would recommend e-mailing Laidoll ([email protected]) and talking to someone. When I first ordered my Lily and the form didn't work properly, Laidoll got back to me really quickly and sorted the matter out. I'm sure they'll try to get to the bottom of this. Good luck!

14. Hello!

I wanted to ask a few questions about this doll ^^

- How does she pose? Looking at the pictures I just can guess that she can pose like most of the BJDs brands, I mean, stand, sit, etc... but have any Lily owner found any difficulties with her? ^^
      - How is she assembled? S-hook on head, hads and feet? Or any other system? (if someone could post any picture of the inside of the head it would be very useful)
      - Is her size compatible with the standard MSD measures? Could normal clothes fit her or maybe is she taller than the others?

Thank you for replying!! ^^

15. She is pretty average about posing, i haven't run into any problems with her. mine could stand to be strung a little more tightly though n_n that's about it.

she does have hooks connecting her hands, and i'm assuming her feet too.

[​IMG]
      (sorry, i think that's the only picture i have of the inside of her head)

the hole that the s-hook rests on is the + shaped type, where you can turn the s-hook and it'll fall through the hole.

she is a little thin compared to normal MSD i think. but i don't have any experience with MNF or other thinner dolls to make a comparison.

16. The stringing on my Lily is really bad right now. When I ordered a Soony from Luts I ordered a Kid Delf string so I can take Keiko apart and re-string her. I can take a look at her inner workings when I do that (whenever the string gets here most likely in early January).

I'm a little sad that her stringing ended up really weak considering I don't play with her that much and have only had her since early October. Anyway, I guess it's better to get used to re-stringing dolls sooner rather than later. (^^);;

Oh and I accidentally knocked Keiko's head off when I was attempting to take a shirt she was wearing off last Sunday. I didn't have a lot of trouble getting it back on (but it kind of freaked out my family to see it detached). XD I was worried at first that I broke her when I heard the snap but it went back on fine. Since then, though, I've knocked it off a couple more times. I guess it's good that I'm re-stringing her soon. Maybe that will help stop the problem. (^^);;

I think I posted before that I haven’t bought any company clothes for her so I’m not sure what will fit. I bought her a pair of PJs and a hoodie from a local clothes maker who I think uses standard dolls for measurements and they fit her just fine. The hoodie pattern for a girl, I think, was based on measurements for a Luts Kid Delf so I assume standard company clothes will fit but I would recommend any pants have elastic in the waist since she’s thinner than most molds. I would also recommend underwear because of her ability to sit cross-legged, she likes to flash a lot. XD

As for posing, before her stringing went she was quite good at taking an array of positions. She still stands now but it can be difficult to move her hands and get her to keep interesting positions. With some work, I should be able to fix that though. I don’t own any other MSD girls so I lack a comparison in that sense.

17. yay i found a better pic :)
      [​IMG]

sorry to hear your elastic has worn so fast stray_wind!! hopefully she's as good as new once asamina shows up with the new elastic! n_n

18. I love Lily. I am saving up for her, but I fear that she'll be sold out by the time I am able to afford her. TT_TT Awww....

19. *waves to all the new faces*

Lily has been out since the summer but I somehow don't think she'll go out of stock for quite some time. (^_^) She seems to be in high demand now. :) I'm sure Laidoll is going to want to continue to capitalize on this so I doubt you have anything to worry about. I kind of wish someone would order the other Doll Dreams, though, (Yin and Huo) because I'm really curious to see what boy DDs are like. :sweat

Mileebert - I'm sorry to hear that the wig has bled. I changed my Lilys wig within a month of getting her to a Dollmore wig and I have yet to find a problem with bleeding. I'm glad to hear you could remove the stains but I'm sorry to hear your Lily is bald. Good luck finding a good replacement wig for her! :)

20. Thanks, I should be able to find something. If I could get the pictures up I'd show you all the hat she has on. It's this bright pick beret, but it's made to fit a teddybear so it pulls down really far on her...

As for the boys, I'm already thinking that Yin will have to come live with me for my birthday, but that's not until July. Kiera thinks that he'll make a lovely friend for her, so she's willing to wait, however impatiantly.

Now for a less than intelligent question: How do I get these pictures up? I've tried, and my computer seems to be very dissagreable on the matter.