1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 7

Dec 7, 2020

1. They look so good! I love seeing dolls in these older styles...well I call older, you don't see the aesthetic much anymore.

2. I know that many of you are on different sites and may see all kinds of DOD clothes, so I am asking for your help.

If any of you happen to come across this outfit, or any DoT outfits, or even parts of outfits, please feel free to let me know. :eusa_pray

As this pic shows, Orrell (Dream of Teen Dream head 13) has a certain style, and most of the DOT clothes I was going to get for him after I bought his head home directly from DOD, disappeared, (along with the website:...() all too soon after he came home. :(

[​IMG]
      Orrell and Jack outside 1
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

He also has most of the the
      fullset that was sent with his New Body 2 when I bought it from the person I got it from.

Thank you all for helping Orrell. :abow:

Ryu

3. I know someone in my local community used to have that oufit, but I'm not sure if she still has it or not. You can ask this person directly on FB:

4. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 It's definitely worth posting a WTB for the clothes - I'm mostly hunting for the dolls themselves but get asked about clothing sets sometimes :3nodding: Otherwise I'll keep a watch out for you!

I definitely need to get back to working on my lot - I have home improvement things going on atm so I never seem to have the energy! :sweatIt's nearly done so I can hopefully sew more soon... the to-do list just keeps getting longer :lol:

5. I messaged her, hopefully she still has it up for sale. :eusa_pray Thank you for the contact! :D

Yeah, I think I'll put up a WTB thread and a link in my signature as well. Its definitely worth it. Poor Orrell needs something else to wear other than those two outfits. :3nodding:

I posted a pic of Orrell, so its only fair that I post a pic of Tohma. He's wearing his Halloween outfit right now.

[​IMG]
      Tohma Halloween 2021

I should make him a tail, hopefully I still have some leopard fabric left over from when I made his pants. :eusa_pray

Ryu

6. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 your boys are fantastic! Sadly I only have clothes that fit DoT girls but best of luck on the hunt for clothes for them!

7. You're welcome! I hope you can find more clothes for him ^^

8. Thank you, @DriftlessStranger and @CrimsonDeath. Unfortunately, most of the currently popular clothes are just not Orrell's style. :( I hope I can find more outfits for him, or at least clothes that are more his style. I do keep my eyes open for him, but so far, no luck. I hope my WTB thread works. :eusa_pray

Ryu

9. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 Your boys are so handsome. Good luck on the outfit search! I do feel nostalgia for those outfits (since like many others, I was obsessed with the Visual Kei/J-Rock style in the mid-2000's), but they have definitely been more difficult to find. Again, at times like this I wish I could get my act together to navigate and join the Korean and Japanese online communities ><

I think I forgot to post outside of insta, but October 3rd was the 15th birthday of my Camine, Noah <3 so I took lots of pics that day. I'm so glad to have found BJDs back when I did - they've been a great comfort to me, and I'm glad to have this hobby to enjoy even now as an adult.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. What a hottie, @Insane-Chan! Happy Birthday Noah! :smallcake Love the flannel shirt.

Yeah, Orrell's not really Visual Kei, but leans more towards kodona/male lolita style. I know that it will be difficult to find clothes for him, but I'm not giving up! I have my WTB thread up and running, and I'm also perusing BJD clothes sites for things that might work as well. Maybe I should also check out Japanese and Korean BJD selling sites, but honestly, I'm not sure how to even go about finding the English translation button on them.

Ryu

11. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 Thank you! Ah, he's an Ouji boy. Unfortunately yeah in general, it's hard to find clothes in that style these days! The last thing I remember seeing was the Volks x BTSSB ouji outfits (there were at least two released alongside the dresses), but that was even probably a decade ago. Good luck in your search though! One thing I do is just open Korean (Naver) and Japanese (Yahoo jp) search engines, and paste in the Korean/Japanese keywords for a search on whatever doll-related thing I'm looking for, and see what pops up. Then if you see anything promising, you can just paste the site into google translate or whatnot.

12. Hi everyone! Long time no post. I’m so happy to see the activity here, the absolutely amazing collections and DOD dolls coming out of the mists of time. It’s so brilliant!

This year I haven’t had access to my dolls as they’ve been in storage while my partner and I get our first home build done. I’m currently back living with my parents. We’re almost finished, we should be in before the end of the year and I miss my children soooo bad!!!

Please if I’m not already following you and you have an Instagram give me a PM so I can find your account. Mine is in my signature. I’ve been working on getting all my fav photos uploaded over the year so it is almost at the stage where it will surpass my Flickr.

I only have 3 DOT - my first ever BJD was U-i, then Code 2 and DH 12.

I’ve been wrestling with U-i tbh as my doll plans have solidified so much since I first discovered BJD and was just “I want!!” and she doesn’t fit as my original character pick due to her resin and elf ears. My artificial ‘cap’ on number of dolls was to have them be linked to the cast from Alice in Wonderland.

I’ve rejigged my DOTs around and my Code 2 I’ve swapped from Knave of Hearts to the White King. I’m thinking maybe U-i could become the Unicorn, from the Lion and the Unicorn. If I got her a horn add on. She wouldn’t have the hoof feet like other fantasy dolls. But then I’ve been drooling over Souldoll’s recent unicorn MSD.

I’ve been converting some of the original character plan from SD to MSD as I simply won’t have the space (even in the new house). I’ve been really inconsistent unfortunately with the ‘creature’ characters as to if they’re SD or MSD. And currently have no funds due to going in on a preorder for 2 Frappzilla Dandelion Moons (as the Mock Turtle and Gryphon).

I have to keep reminding myself that BJD collecting is a long game. That if I have a plan I will know when limited dolls come out that would be the perfect sculpt/fit for a planned doll.

13. @Insane-Chan, do you have links? I've heard of Naver, but I wouldn't know how to find it. I think I have a tab open for Yahoo JP, but just in case, I wouldn't mind if you posted one. :blush

@Buzzibee, you are one up on me! I have Orrell (DoT Dream Head #13) :love and Tohma (DoI Luke). :love

[​IMG]
      Orrie&#x27;s looking at you!

Orrell is a member of Torchwood Cleveland, the only Torchwood branch outside of the UK. He and his girlfriend take care of a pair of the only two remaining star whales that live in Lake Erie (which is one of the Great Lakes that Cleveland, Ohio, USA is built off of. Yes, that's my home town. :XD:)

Seguchi Tohma is a character from the anime/manga series Gravitation. He is the president of N-G Productions, the largest music company in Japan, and the lead keyboardist of the international superstar group Nittle Grasper. (I have the rest of Nittle Grasper, but they're OFT for this thread.

I have an IG, but I'm rarely on it unless someone posts links, so if you post any, I'll go check them out. Either way, welcome back!

Ryu

14. @Buzzibee Welcome welcome! It's always so nice to meet and hear from other DOD owners :D "only 3" omg, that is a great collection! I hope you can have access again to them soon. Please feel free to drop pics here too anytime. Apparently I'm already following you on insta lol. Mine is also in my signature. I'm insa_necha there.

@Ryuichi Sakuma 13 The Korean search engine Naver is here: 네이버, and you can just put anything into the search bar to see what pops up. Here is the Korean spelling for 'Dream of Doll:' 드림오브돌

But let me know if you need any other spellings in Korean for specific searches.

For Yahoo!J, it is here: Yahoo! JAPAN and you can do the same there. Let me know if you need any Japanese keywords also. I have hobbies across both countries so having Korean and Japanese reading/writing skills has been a great help for such things xD

15. :doh I must be doing something wrong, Naver looks like a blogspot when I clicked on the link. If only Naver had a English version! :sweat I also tried Y!Japan's site, but it was also very confusing. *_*

I'm still looking for Dream of Teen boy outfits, so let me know if there is any on either of them, okay?

Thanks for trying to help. I guess I'd have to learn to read either Japanese or Korean before I can try either site.

Ryu

16. Oh that's just a computer thing. My laptop does the same occasionally with specific sites. Like it drops all of the coding.

For Korean, use: 드림오브돌 의상 the second word is the terminology used in Korean to refer to doll clothing

For Japanese, they always use the romaji spelling for the company name, so search using terms like DREAM OF DOLL 服 or DREAM OF DOLL アウトフィット and/or replace the full name with the acronym "D.O.D." since this is what I always see on Japanese listings for anything DOD

17. Isn't E-An a larger doll, like 65,70 cm?

18. I believe E-an is 60cm? She's not as tall as my Impldoll Star 65cm. I'd have to measure to be sure.

19. She is DOT girl size, right? So 60 or 62cm only.