1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 7

Dec 7, 2020

1. @I<3MySD I can't wait to see them! :love

@xxxsaturnxxx What a little cutie! :D The DOC thread has been pretty dead for a while, but I'm sure we don't mind the occasional one in here, right? :3nodding:

2. Glad they arrived safely and in such good condition! Resin colour looks very nice!

3. I think they just hold up really well! I guess I'm not sure how other companies are, but I think most of the major brands made pretty solid dolls lol. I guess as mentioned, perhaps it's because people tend to not mod their DOD dolls at all! Which definitely keeps them in pristine condition over the years.

Ohh congrats! Can't wait to see them!

@xxxsaturnxxx I never mind seeing a DOC either! I always wanted one, but it never happened. I think the DOC boys are just all so cute!

4. I think DoD holds up well. I've had my girl since 2007 and her faceup is still good, but her eyelashes could use upgrading (that may just be an aesthetic choice of mine, though.) I don't think she's yellowed, at least she's nowhere near as yellow as my Latidoll, but he was more of a yellow-tinged skintone to start (they're from the same year.)

@I<3MySD Look forward to seeing them! Did you get them in grey by chance? I regret not getting them at the time.

@xxxsaturnxxx I don't mind seeing DoC. There were a few of those I wanted, too, back in the day.

5. @ryuunohime yes I did! They were two of the first BJDs I ever saw back in 2009 but were already sold out. By some miracle I managed to find both of them for sale last year.

6. @Shido Congrats, they are gorgous! Did you get your Tahlia too?

And yes, I agree that they hold up extremely well. And because they are very pink to begin with, they just seem to mellow to a very natural cream colour. I'm very much in love.

7. @Morri_P. She's all paid for should be on her way soon! Her seller is snowed in so I'm happy to wait a little, she'll get here soon enough :3nodding: I'm just glad she's going to be mine! :whee:

8. Awesome! Can't wait to see her. I'm not biased at all :D

9. Oh man @Shido , I should look at second hand sites for the dolls I want! But I don't know of too many. Ink bottles, :lol:Looks like I'm not the only one that likes fountain pens. :D I'm a beginner collector, but in my head, Tohma uses a fountain pen and ink too.

Speaking of Tohma, in my canon backstory, Ryuichi got him a pet birb! He's a Camillia Dynesty Rosemary, and I just love how Tohma doesn't quite know how to deal with his new friend.

[​IMG]
      Tohma meets his birb
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

I also have no problems seeing the occasional DOCs on this thread. What a cutie, @xxxsaturnxxx!

Ryu

10. I'm so, so happy to have seen this thread, and so active at that!

My first and only doll is still a DoD Kalix. He's currently in pieces because I forgot what mm of elastic to use, and am now waiting on an order from Dollmore. He's yellowed (sorta more creamy I guess?) a bit but I've more or less kept him in out of the light when I wasn't using him so he seems to have aged pretty well. I took a long break from this hobby but since I've gotten back into sewing I've started drafting patterns for him. I'm very excited.

I'd always planned to pick up a Camine to go along with him, I actually bought a DOT outfit before I purchased him which I still have ;o; but I guess I'll have to check around on Mandarake and cross my fingers!

Massive thank you to @Shido for posting the dropbox, having the stockphotos is so helpful!

11. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 I don't tend to use them very often but yeah, I have a little collection :lol: (Crobidoll sell SD-sized quill pens, btw!)
      I'm sure once he gets used to it Tohma and his birb will take over the world :XD:

@SoupBandit :whee: Welcome to the thread! I can't wait to see what you do with him :D Kalix is such a handsome boy.
      If I see any wild Camine out on my hunts I'll let you know? The only one I'm after is a tan one and that's a serious longshot these days.

12. @SoupBandit Welcome! Please post pics of your Kalix if you feel alright doing so! Nowadays threads like these are basically like "appreciation clubs" for the companies/doll type and it's so fun to see everyone's dolls **

13. Oh wow, I knew I've seen them somewhere, thank you for letting me know which company it was! Tohma has to have a set, so on my wishlist it goes. :3nodding:

Shhhhhhhh! I'm thinking that Tohma and Birb are already plotting to take over the world. :sneaky:evilplot::mwahaha

Oh yes, @SoupBandit, post away! No matter the condition, we love to see other DoDs. :D And yes, @Insane-Chan is correct. It does seem like those of us with dolls from defunct companies hang out and commiserate over how lovely our dolls are, how lucky someone is to find one, new outfits/pets/items/etc and the like. It makes having those dolls still fun, a bit like having a Meetup online. :XD:

Ryu

14. Man, to see a DoD item in good condition that people sell gives me hope that I'll find my Tender Twins someday. :c

15. Is it weird that I'm still hoping to find this outfit one day? I can't be the only one that's looking for DOT outfits...am I? :?

Ryu

#95 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Feb 18, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    16. @Shido @Insane-Chan @Ryuichi Sakuma 13

Thanks guys! I'll definitely be posting a bunch of pics once he's all strung back together! I actually bit the bullet and picked up a restringing tool. I don't know if anyone else had this problem but way back when I first received Kalix I noticed that his strings were hella tight. I'd always hoped that they'd relax a bit but it just never happened. I think it might have had something to do with Kalix being DoD's first foray into their DOI line. Either way pulling him apart was not easy. I was so worried something was gonna give.

@Shido if you do come across a Camine and let me know I would definitely be grateful! I've been lurking on the facebook sell groups in the mean time lol

Also if anyone is interested this is the outfit.
      I also picked up a similar wig. Looking back on it I think Bowie in Labyrinth definitely played a role in this purchase :XD:

17. @Ouja Akuma For better chances of coming across them, definitely keep up with checking Mandarake, Y!J, and Mercari, in addition to the Western platforms. It's a lot to keep up with, but every platform will increase your chances!

@SoupBandit I'm incredibly biased, but Camine is such a worthy and gorgeous doll to bring home :D Way back when, I actually emailed DOD and gushed to them that Camine was the most beautiful doll in the world, and thanked them for making him lol.

18. Soooooooooo...

Do you guys remember the event head that came as a bonus with my Tahlia and you lovely people helped me identify? And that I never anticipated or had any plans for a boy doll?

Yeah, this happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kalix and Delphine are finally home!!

[​IMG]

More photos of them in their doll profiles. I cannot explain how happy I am to have these grails home after 12 years of wanting them!

Huge thank you to @nikittin for selling me the default Kalix outfit! :D

20. @Morri_P. He looks amazing! :D

@I<3MySD Ahh, they look stunning :love the faceups suit them super well! :D