1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 7

Dec 7, 2020

1. @keara I've always bought SD17 sized pants for my Camine lol. Nothing was ever perfect, but workable. But that pinstripe suit is super snazzy!

Every once in a while I get super curious and do a new search for information on the closing...o well. Perhaps it's just always going to be one of the great mysteries of the doll world.

2. Val says hello![​IMG] [​IMG]

#122 Mirth, Mar 18, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    3. @keara pretty slowly, honestly! I'll have to try and dedicate a few days to working on it again.

I did get a reply to my email, with basically "They are closed, we can't help". Bah! :sigh

4. Ohh who was the email from? The whole DoD closing down is truly a mystery.

On another note, do you all have other doll companies you like that have DoD sculpt vibes? Complete the sentence: if you like DoD dolls, you will also like....?

5. Haha I feel you on this! This suit pants was the only thing that fit my boy properly

6. @Mirth o congrats on bringing him home!! He looks very happy!

@keara honestly, I don't have any company that I feel like matches the same aesthetic of DOD. But I'm picky I guess lol. The only other companies I truly like dolls from are Volks and Crobi (and CP sometimes, but mostly when it comes to the original Delf line).

7. @keara I would second Crobi. I've confused some of their dolls for DoD before when I see them on the market. Otherwise I can't think of any. They (DoD) really were unique and have that distinct look to them that I haven't seen replicated.

8. Oh wow I just looked up Crobi and all their sculpts are so beautiful! For some reason I haven't heard of them before, so thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Nao definitely has DoD vibes! :D Could be a sibling to one of the DOT boys.

9. DoD were always my favourite company and I'm very glad I own two of there dolls which I bought many years ago, Ducans being my all time favourite bjd out of any company.
      Also a Camine recently came up for sale in my country but unfortunately I just missed out on the sale someone beat me to it I was gutted.

10. Yes, Ducan is gorgeous! To me he is the 'bad boy' of the DoTs Camine is the big bro and Sha is the baby of the family. And Lahoo is the cool guy. But don't take me seriously, that's just what my brain thinks :mwahaha

Hope you find your Camine soon ❤️

11. @keara I also wouldnt mine having a Sha, I may have just missed out on Camine BUT I did this week find a DoD DoT outfit on the market place :) and I got it :) so glad I didnt just miss out on that one it's currently on it's way to me so I'm hoping it arrives soon.

12. Oh my god, they were my dream dolls too like 10+ years ago! I remember seeing the pictures on google image and I fell in love with them so much, I had a full folder with their pics.
      Congrats on getting them!

13. Oh nice!! Do post pictures here when you get it! DoD outfits are all so interesting. Love seeing them ^^

14. My boy Noah is getting some love this week ~ he'll be 15 years old later this year

But Noah is still my cutie ~ even if he is the biggest of the bunch <3

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#134 Insane-Chan, Mar 23, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    15. @Insane-Chan Whoa 15 years old! Congrats to your (actual teenager!) boy! He still looks amazing, so cool to see that these dolls last so long with good care ^^

16. @keara Thank you! Yeah, DOD quality is no joke. They really are great dolls.

17. I decided to share a few pictures of Hiro, my Ducan, that I recently got. I need to reposition his eyes since his pupils aren't visible unless you're looking at him at certain angles.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. He's awesome, congratulations! And the Ramones top :D Looks like he could be mates with my Trent, he's a punky lad too!

19. Ducan is such an iconic sculpt, congratulations! I think if I were to going to pick up a DoD boy, he'd be the one I'd get. <3

20. Ahhhh he looks amazing! Congrats! I would love to have a Ducan one day, but for now I will just have to admire yours!