1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 7

Dec 7, 2020

1. @Hana Doku He's gorgeous! :D
      @Insane-Chan Noah :whee: Camine is definitely one of my fave sculpts. I was going to buy one early on but saw a Lahoo and got him instead :lol:
      @Morri_P. Update on my Tahlia - She spent way too long in customs but she's finally scheduled to be delivered on Thursday :sneaky (along with a T.E.Sha girl I nabbed on ebay....:sweat )

I agree with Crobidoll being a similar sort of look to DOD, I have a Zion myself (as Twin-b and Si's dad) so they're not too far off. Their boy bodies are not exactly pretty, though :horror:

2. YAY! Can't wait to see her! Did she make it home today?

3. She did not! :...( The tracking showed up as "prepared for delivery"... and just somehow didn't get onto the van today! Looks like it'll be tuesday now as they don't work tomorrow or monday (and I definitely wasn't paying them 2x£12 to deliver on saturday):(

4. Bummer! I completely forgot about Bank Holidays! Fingers crossed for Tuesday! <3

5. ... So PF delivered her this morning :lol: She's so pretty!! :whee: Here she is with her arrival sister, T.E.Sha:
      [​IMG]

And their arrival thread is here: The Fool was I :XD:

6. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

So very happy for you! Can't wait to see what you do with them <3

7. Rosalie (Sha) definitely is going in the faceup list - she’s sweet but it’s pretty worn. I’m very tempted by Crobidoll’s new purple wig for her :wiggle

Qiana I had ideas for and as soon as she got here she went ‘no, that’s not me’ so I have no idea now :XD: She kept the name at least!

8. Haha! Must be a Tahlia thing. Mine did the same.

9. Tahlia was one of my favorites..! Where do y'all end up finding all these dolls!?
      Speaking of... When it comes to DoD, their White Collection dolls are my grails somewhat, anyone seen any in the wild?
      I've seen pictures of one Amun and one Kious. But that's it.
      They were of the last released, so it'd be good to know if they sold some...

10. My Tahlia was the MP here, Sha was ebay, and Morri’s Tahlia was ebay as well I believe! I stalk so many places, honestly :lol:

I’ve seen an Amun online as well, but definitely not many of them about :( I’d love to get my hands on a Lilth myself! It seems like most of their last sculpts didn’t have many made at all.
      My ultimate grail is Stom, and so far I only know of one that was sold to a place in Japan and hasn’t resurfaced anywhere else yet. There’s a Rain here on DOA and no Clou anywhere I’ve seen. :pout:

11. Yes, she was! It was my favourite DoD sculpt, so I was absolutely amazed when I found her as a full set with a bonus event head.

Speaking of, I finally restrung her (with A LOT of help from an experienced friend on video chat) and she is not flopping about like a fish anymore. Now I know what I'm doing, I can also restring Trent (the event head boy, who is now a hybrid) as his body came strung super loose, and will finally be able to take some proper pics without them constantly collapsing :D

12. Yay, well done! :D I've seen around 10 Tahlia total I think, and a good 4-5 of them seem to be in Russia :nowords: A rare lady!

13. Mine came from Spain!

14. Hello, not sure if this is the right place for this but does anyone have any ideas about a suitable body for a DOT lahoo head that's similar to the original body. I like the type 1 body but I'm having a hard time finding one.

15. Hi!
      Bodies that suit DOT are a semi-regular discussion in the DOD thread! He should more or less fit any body with a 9.5-10.5 neck circumference.
      It does depend a lot on how yellow/pink he is :) I have tried mine on two boy bodies I have to hand.
      His head will fit on a Crobidoll (R-line, ver 2 iirc), the size is good and movement is fine:
      [​IMG]
      Side photo
      The Crobidoll boy body is closer to the soft look of the DOT v1.

And he will fit on a Soom Super Gem body, again the size is pretty acceptable with a wig on and the movement is fine:
      [​IMG]
      Side photo
      The body is WS so I can't vouch for colour - my NS Sooms are definitely too peachy.

I hope that helps a little :3nodding:

16. Thanks for the info cause I really don't want the big muscles most of the large boys have.

17. If it's cool, can I ask a few questions? everyone seems so knowledgeable about all things dod even though they've been gone for a few years.

Where are the more common places they are sold? I know of mandarake and our marketplace but are there other places as well? Do certain dolls end up for sale more than others do you find? And finally, are there certain keywords in English or other languages that I should be searching for besides things like dod or the doll's name?

If anyone wants to answer any of these I would really appreciate it!! I just got back into bjds last year. I'm so heartbroken dod isn't around anymore :pout:

18. Generally I grab mine from the MP here, or Facebook. They don't come up hugely often, and when they do there's a bit of a scramble to get them :sweat they almost seem to come up in cycles - there'll be almost nothing for ages, then a bunch of them all at once :lol:
      Shall seems to be a surprisingly common sale at the moment, and there's a few Petsha and Si about.
      Which sculpts are you after?

DOD disappearing has left a huge hole in the BJD community, there's so little that is similar to their aesthetic :(

19. I've noticed this too! :lol: And always when I don't have any funds :...(

20. @Shido thanks for the info! Your collection is like an archive for dod!! :aeyepop:

Back in the day I was obsessed with Lahoo and also really loved too and bee-a, the concept of buying two dolls as a set/couple is so cute.

And yeah, I really love their aesthetic too it's definitely unique to them. So sad they disappeared. But it's great there's still such a fanbase for them! I could look at their pictures for hours lol :love