1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 7

Dec 7, 2020

1. Looking at DoD pictures for hours is what got me into this mess!

Errr... I mean, the hobby. What got me into this hobby. :D

2. just curious, what are the prices like for secondhand DoD dolls? do they go for retail or higher just because they are rare?

i have no plans to sell my boy, but I sure am curious!

3. @paintmeblue Yes, I think Mandarake and FB sales groups are most common, then here, but you can also vigilantly check Y!J, Mercari Japan, and occasionally Ebay. The dolls are usually in good condition too since a lot of those sellers admit to just keeping the dolls in boxes the whole time. But people do snag them up pretty quick, so it's quite a laborious task to always keep on it.

@Hyzenthlay I've heard of people having "emergency doll funds" for such reason. New level of collection dedication lol.

@keara Depends! On auction sites in Japan the prices tend to be super low. But in English-language sales sites, I usually see the price higher and close to the original sale price.

4. Someone found a Ducan for $75 :XD: (hopefully not a recast, but due to the clothes, box, and faceup, he looks legit)

5. @paintmeblue That's half of my intention ;) I did want basically all of them before they disappeared but alas the financial stars were not in position.
      Once the current parcel I'm waiting on arrives (a DH11) that puts me at 1/3rd completed :sweat

@Insane-Chan is right, they tend to be about retail in western countries and cheaper in eastern. That said I did see an (almost perfect, but unevenly yellowed) fullset Delphine go for twice her retail on Y!J this year! She shot straight past my top price and kept going for a couple hours through auction extension:chomp:

There's a Shall and a DOI Code 02 on fb as of last night, and there's so many people PMed about him already I can half see him going to offers :lol: I'm so glad I don't need one!
      I have a bit of a dolly-centric savings account that I use for my collection - I've depleted it quite a bit lately so it's gotta build up. :frownyblush:

@Yumeiro I am jealous! What a bargain :o

6. I paid about £250 for my complete fullset Tahlia with a pair of extra hands, extra wig and the event head (DH9). I consider myself unreasonably lucky.

7. Random question for all of the boy DOT owners out there: is there a current shop that you buy from or know of that have shoes that fit DOT?

Currently my boy has a few pairs of sneakers that fit fine (from Leeke and Dollmore), but I'm looking to expand his shoe collection and am still, AFTER 14 YEARS, trying to figure out which shoes will actually fit his wide feet :sweat

8. Well, I don't know about shoes, but Orrell is wearing DollHeart boots. He's a Dream head version 13 on a DoT boy New Body 2, if that helps.

[​IMG]
      Orrell and Jack outside 1
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

They're the only footwear he has right now. :sweat

Ryu

9. There's a pair of original DoD boots on the marketplace now.

10. Luts Senior Delf shoes fit! I have several pairs for my lot from them - and most shoes for SD13 will fit as well. SD17 will go on but they're far too big :lol:

11. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 ohh what a handsome guy! Thanks for the confirmation. Is it just their regular SD sized boots?

@Morri_P. Thanks for the heads up! I went straight away to check it out, and bought them :XD:

@Shido Oh, good to know! Thanks! The problem I've had is across the board makers are not entirely consistent with their "SD13" sizing. So I've had some hits and misses ^^; I guess it's all part of the game though.

12. Gone quiet in here lately, I'll have to pop in tomorrow and spam a photo :XD:

Just popping in to give a head's up - there's a default faceup Ducan head and a DOI A&D up on Yahoo Japan Auctions - I've already got both but so far they're bargains! :o

13. I'm not familiar with Yahoo Japan, is there some kind of a link to the DOI or BJD pages? I just wanna look and drool. :drool:chomp::sweat

Ryu

14. @Shido oh what great deals!

@Ryuichi Sakuma 13 you just have to search the keywords, which can be a tad tricky sometimes since there's a weirdly vast range of terms Japanese collectors use. You can search in English, "DREAM OF DOLL," "D.O.D," "D.O.T" or add "人形” , etc....then I usually adjust the listings to display most expensive items first in order to bring up actual doll listings to the top :sweat

15. I should check that out, I'm having no luck finding the Tender Bee/Too twins (body or head) on the MP here :(

16. @Ouja Akuma I'm keeping a watch out for them for you too :) I try to keep track of what other DOD fans are hunting!

The market definitely has quiet times and then suddenly lots of DOD all at once, and it's been reasonably quiet the past few months :sweat

17. I would also love to have the twins, they are my grail, it I have one.

18. In one of the Facebook groups, someone who’s selling off a collection from a hobbyist who’s passed, mentioned having a Too/Bee pair… maybe she still has them /will list them soon...?

19. Mirth, Thank you so much for the info. I contacted her and we have a deal. She is also practically a neighbor, lol. I will soon have my grail dolls. I can't Thank you enough.

20. Congratulations! I’m so glad :)