1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll DoT Boy Discussion

Jan 13, 2009

1. That secondary thigh joint is wigging me out right now... I'm probably going to pick up a Ducan for a friend this year, but now I think I'll go original body for him. Much ado about nothing, as it turns out. ;)

.hlp

2. God I have to agree! That was one of the first things I noticed when looking at the body unfortunately. Gah, hopefully we can get some pictures of what he looks like with shoes on to see if that masks the problem.

I do like this new body a lot though. But the thigh joint is kind of making me wig out a little. I like the extra poseability, but it just looks really strange to me. Thank god I'm not needing any more boy dolls is all I have to say XD

3. The ankle joint is something even the original body has.. I find it hideous.. so I keep shoes on my boy.. ._.

4. Are the new thigh joints the only difference? I looked at the elbows and they've not done much to them. Also, I'm confused, they said the new body would have the triple elbow joint... but my E-an didn't have a double joint, she had a triple one...? So why did they mention that particular thing?

5. While i find the theigh joints to look weird, i'm GIDDY about how different companies are incorperating them. I think DoD was teh first that i saw, too, with the kids bodies. They add a nice bit of movement that otherwise is almost impossible (at least, without a huge gap between the theigh and teh butt ^^;;

adhara: really? o_O pics? The old bodies don't have the double joints, only the new ones. Same for the girl and boy bodies for the new joints. Looks like the main difference in th eboy body is teh extra joint in the elbow and the theighs. The girls are a little different, with the change of where the torso joint is, but other than that it looks like the changes are the same. So unless you managed to get a new body with your e-an rather than the old one, she should have the regular old style elbow joint o_O

Aestetically the two versions of the boy bodies look the saem other than the joints, to me, so its not a huge difference, but even just that little addition will make the bodies a lot more posable ^_^

6. Yay! I love the new body :D I've been dreaming of those extra thigh joints, and I've long gotten over any reservations I had for that style of elbow joint.

I do find it kind of wierd about the ankle joint. They made it look nicer for the new girl body........ But I'm not too bothered as like others have said I'll just keep my boy's shoes on. Does the ankle look like it has a slightly bigger range of movement, or is it just me?

I'll definitely be getting this new body for my t.sha head, although my Lahoo will just be keeping his old body.

And OT, but the pics of the body have proven my choice to get dark blue eyes for my t.sha when he arrives to be a good one ;)

7. Yeah, the weird-ass ankle jumped out at me straight away... my boy's old body has awkward ankles anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but it's more obvious because of the position he can sit in due to the new thigh joint. I wish I could get this body for another of my heads because I quite like it, but I'm not sure what colour DOD resin is currently, it seems to vary a bit o.O

8. Shit, now I am jealous.

The joints ARE really nice. I've been seeing DOI's bent joints and this new ones are way more round and natural looking. Really yummy if you ask me. Hope they will do something more smooth like that to the DOI's too some time from now... ;A;

9. i love the new one!!! cause i love Sha, and he is one of my wish list, but is so sad for the people who recently buy a dot boy

10. i think the thigh joints look funny. i hope they can come out with new bodies.

11. I never had a dot boy before so I love the new body. Beside the new body will look better next to my doi boy Rikus body. With new body the Sha I ordered will look like a younger boy. A boy that look more like he could come from the same planet as my doi.

12. *resurrects an old thread...*

So has anyone gotten a new-body D.o.T. boy? What are your conclusions - are they really more versatile with posing? How the weird ankles look? Have you had issues with the joints?

I'm planning to get a D.o.T. boy, just weighing up the options whether the new body really is better than the old one.

Thanks everyone!

13. I like the thigh and knee joint but the ankle....it looks painful D: The nude picture where he's sitting crosslegged...It kinda creeps me out, because to me it doesnt look natural. I sorta wanna get the new body...but it also kinda creeps me out and keeps me from not wanting it.

14. I'm in agreement with KawaiiFoxin here.. the ankle joints do look painful and all that but they're on both the new and old body versions. my DoT Sha has 'em and ye~s they are flexible, but also creepy. also very good for standing -nods-
      But either body you get will end up having those.
      as a side point.. does anyone know if you can get the new body yet? every time i look it'll say 'out of stock'...

15. My friend recently got a Luke ver.1 and Sha... with new bodies... I like the new joints. My Raven still has the old DOT body and he still can't bend his thighs... >.> I'm very jealous right now. I want to buy a new DOT body for him, but it seems that the body is not available for sale as parts. I have to buy a whole new doll to get it... >.< Hyaa... It's UNFAIR.

16. I suspected as much... maybe they'll put it up as parts later?:( i hope?

17. I don't know... T.T I want them as parts as well...

18. I just want the new body for my floating T.elf sha head... :|
      really, is that so much to ask?:(

19. I want the new boy body too - its been unavailable for a long while now, I also need it for my T Sha head, poor haruka's been stuck in a box for far too long :(

20. Should we ask in their board or send them an email? >.< Why is the old body still available and the new one doesn't... Hopefully, if they know we all want some parts... >.< They will consider making it available for sale again.