1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll - DoT Elf I-ra Discussion

Nov 25, 2006

1. Since no one has made much comment on this I will b/c I think its important information.

I just want to add that after handling my Ashi(Shall) and Yumi(Ira), the new DoT girl body is so much more poseable. It really is a GREAT improvement from the old body. My I-ra could now sit and have her bust lean forward and will stay that way with out clicking back to it comfort spot. ( If you have a DoD you will know what I mean. ^^;; ) My Ashi refuse to have her bust lean forward no matter how hard I try and she would just click back within seconds. Plus, Yumi's double joint elbows are amazing. I think someone mention this already. ^^ WAY better than the old versions. Just though you guys should know. =D

2. I agree Shoko XD the new body is a much better design. She's also for some reason easier to stand XD

3. I love the new body xD I thought that would be a pain to get I-ra to stand in those boots, but because of such a nice body is it not that hard at all xD I have not tried the old girl body but I can really feel a great different from the boy body to the new girl body... And I relly loved the boy bodys poseabilities very much, the best poseable doll I ever tried, after I-ra now ^^'

4. she's here, she's here, she's here!!! Yeah. I really didnt think it was real until I saw her. Now I just need to find the right 'look' for her. You figure in the big box of leeke wigs I got in the xmas boxes, there would be one I liked on her, but none are 'exactly' right. Grrr.
      Again, thanks to all who rallied behind me when it looked like I wouldnt be getting a girl. Especially Rilly who is now has an extra I-ra that needs a home. You are an amazing friend!

5. Did somone post a pic of Ira in a pink wig? I'm sure I saw one but now I cant find it. Can someone repoint me? I'm looking a the (now many) new leeke reservation wigs and wavering between silver/grey and the pink/brown shade.

6. Congratulations Selmada! I am so happy you finally got your girl.

7. great pictures everyone Ira looks like she is a very beautiful doll!

Congradulations on getting her!

8. Does anyone know if DoD will be releasing any more I-ra dolls soon? I e-mailed them about it but haven't gotten a reply. I think I'd rather have her without the fullset since I probably wouldn't leave her in it anyway, but I didn't see anything about them making her unlimited. How much was the fullset edition anyway?

9. I-ra is in fact a limited doll and will most likely will never be set to release again. Your next best bet is E-an, her 'human form'. Pretty much the same minus the ears, and having the choice of normal skin and white skin. I think the fullset edition of I-ra was around the 900s? I can't remember exactly.

10. I had heard she'd been released a second time so I was hoping she might make a third appearance. Oh well, thanks for the info ^_^

11. Ah no, she was released once. What DoD (and other companies) do is once the dolls are sold they wait until the payment period ends. If there are any outstanding payments due on the I-ra dolls they then released them again for sale. Then the last of the girls would have been bought up.

There is someone selling her though in the Marketplace. It doesn't happen all too often but sometimes someone sells off some of the limited boys and girls. There was also one up on eBay as well but not sure if she's gone. Typically second market prices are about 1k and up.

12. I finally managed to get an I-ra on layway. It'll probably be mid June or early July when I'll have her paid off. Now had I gotten my bonus at work,I'd be able to get her paid off sooner.
      I'm really excited to be getting her through.

13. Congrats Zais! She's an awesome doll really. Her headmould has lots of attitude and her body is nice :)

Spam us with pictures when you can!

14. Oh i wanna see!

15. Congratulations on finding one! I-ra is my dream girl, and I really hope to make her my first. And lucky you for getting a layaway plan. ^_~ I really hope to find one where the seller will take a plan, but I know that's really hard to do as most sellers aren't comfortable with it. ;_; That amount of money is really hard to pay upfront.

Anyway be sure to post pics when she finally arrives! ^_^

16. Question for those that have an I-ra, what size wigs fit her?

17. 8-9 suits my girl just fine.

18. Oh good. Once I get my I-ra, she'll be able to share wigs with Emilio.