1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll - DoT Homme Ducan

Dec 19, 2006

1. I think I should bath my boy. My sister doens't like him, so she may think I'm insane for doing it. If the warm bath still leaves his resin slightly bumpy where it is right now, I'll do sanding. Does he have to be unstrung before bathing?

2. Unstringing your doll is a good idea because wetting the elastic and letting it dry, then pulling on it when you play with your doll will weaken the elastic prematurely :)

3. Good. point. I'll just wait until I'm brave enough to unstring him

4. I cleaned my own victims with a wet cloth and a bit of soap 'cause I didn't feel like unstringing them. It's a lazy method, but it worked just fine for me. ^_^

The Mr. Clean sponge is also a very good ally of mine when it comes to saving BJDs from dirt, stains, smudges, and other evils.

As for Ducan, he is different, but I think it's part of his irresistible charm. I agree with the person who recommended Jpop for wigs (they're so soft!). Cancan is also a good choice, imo, and I just got two wigs from Kondoll and they both fit Rasha quite well. The trick is to choose size 8 or 8-9.

Good luck!

5. I had the same thing with my Lati Red M..
      I am so much in love with him, but his kees are hell to bend, and his resin's all shiny.

But I just sanded him and coated him with Mr. Super Clear all over, that really makes a difference. Maybe that will solve the problems with your Duncan too.

6. I'm so worried about bonding with my (Cirque) H. Ducan when I buy him... I didn't realise he was so pink until I found this forum... Cirque is naturally very pale. X_X

He's definately the doll for me, I know that much. I'm just iffy on how pink his pinkness is. XD Is there any way you can turn him into a BW without destroying him in the process?

xx

7. you try blushing his body etc. however honestly, taking him apart from everyone else he's still a very lovely colour. He just looks pinker to the old DoD skin because they're lily white...like a lot of companies BW and Homme is just a slight bit more pigment when I compared the two.

8. And for me, I just don't see the pink with my Ducan. I don't have anything to compare him to, but he's not particularly pink to me.