1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll DoT Sha Discussion

Sep 15, 2006

1. I don't remember mine being that much either--but for the life of me I can't remember my total (must have blacked it out). I think my friend ordered some additional things with her doll--don't know if that effected shipping or not, either that or she told me the wrong shipping, or combined the make-up cost with the shipping, that could be it.

2. Okay, well I have my Sha now, and believe me. He is worth it!! He's so beautiful!!! I got him yesterday and I didn't want to leave him alone when I went to work for 5 hours. I took him with me to school today and so many people are "OMG WTF IS THAT????" "Uhhh...A doll?" -_-

The only things I don't like about him are 1) His ankles...They're big and scary, but still nothing to worry about a lot unless you have a thing for ankles...... 2) His back...When you push him forward at his chest joint thing...he's got this strange shelf thing and I don't know if any other dolls have it...

But I've heard about both of those things and didn't think it matters that much because the ankles can be covered by pants and shoes and his back can be covered by a shirt, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Also, when photographing him...the flash makes him a look SUPER pale. He does have very light skin, but it's not as light as it is in some of my pictures. I took a few without flash and they looked better, but they're blurry because I didn't have enough light...

The eyes I got with him, which are the kind in the pictures on DoD's site look creepy on my boy too...But I intend on getting him brown eyes. They make his face look strange because there's a HUGE contrast between his eyes and the wig I have for him. (I got him a different wig, WT-01 on DoD's site) It's also a tad big on him......I need to have a rubber band over his head to help keep it on, whereas the default fits perfectly.

Here's my box opening pictures and a first photo:
      http://denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91345

3. Well Sha was who I was first going to get. However DoD is a cruel mistress that loves to toy with me. So When I have the money, hopefully Homme Duncan will be in stock again. I'm buying Homme Duncan first as he is more seme and masculine than Sha and suits my boy, James, more. Due to Sha having Shall's face, I'm getting Sha second for my boy, Augustin.

I have seen Kyohas and they don't compare to Shas in my opinion. Just I might get my Sha without a face up so I can do his vampire look myself.

As for Shipping fees to Canada, I've heard from some people that it's $80 US to have them shipped. So of course my Calculations are with the $80.

Rillystar. What was everything that you got with your Sha that he came out to being $674?

4. Shipping to Canada is cheaper than the US for some reason for most of the Korean companies :) don't ask me why it just is.

My Sha was nekkid but he came with faceup eyes and wig. :) Out of all the dolls he was my first and I lurve him the most though Ducan comes a close second right now. Actually I prefer Sha to Shall...the head body proportion is better...thinking about selling my FS Shall.

I bought my Vo clothes elsewhere since he wasn't really the gothy/punk type. Thinking about a wig from jpop or something maybe.

As for the chest shelf thing, it's never bothered me...it's not really noticeable IMHO either. It helps with the positioning of the chest though and prevents slide back or slouching though so that's handy :) If it bothers ya just sand it down :)

If you want a more boyish look try for a less girly faceup (more browns rather than pinks and peaches). Could ask for a more Ducan looking faceup as well :)

5. Awww. I want a FS Shall. She's so pretty. However Shall is the last of my gang of four that I want to get. Since after I get her, her boyfriend will be saved up for. I have to get her friends and my other two boys first.

6. OMG!!! This.......sha..........Im shocked! :o

This is just a random pic of Sha you found? You dont know whos it is? OMG.........my sha......Izuri.........wow.......

Im pretty much speechless. Look at my Sha, Izuri.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Darkos_Dark_Destiny/DSC00799.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Darkos_Dark_Destiny/DSC00786.jpg
      http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/Darkos_Dark_Destiny/DSC00800.jpg

I dont have great pictures like that cause Izuri isnt able to stand yet, but......wow!!! Im STILL so shocked!!! :sweat

7. hahaah that's my Sha boy :) Yeah I got the Heise outfit (but I customed the red part out because it wasn't quite right for my boys) but my Elf Ducan wears this one not my Vo (Sha)

I hate the tail thing so I braided it too. but he wears the Homme Ducan wig now a days more than the default since he was always meant to have green eyes, dark hair and glasses.

8. Did you get it from ebay, too? Ahh, well it was really shocking seeing a Sha wear the same outfit as my Izuri. :) I like the tail, its just a pain to manage.

I got Izuri a fur wig from ebay, I hope it looks good on him. If not I guess I can get a nice wig from Luts, cause they have a lot of nice ones.

9. Nooo...I got it from Amelia_aa here when they were selling the limited outfits. I think there are some knock off ones now a days though from a seller on ebay but I don't know what the quality of it is. Jeeryama though sells the actual Heise outfits on eBay as well (I get them now from this seller cause I like using eBay)

I like the look of the braided tail, I just hate managing it >.< most of the time before I braided it I just wanted to cut it off!

As for Luts wigs be careful, they're generally 9/10 wigs and Sha has an 8/9 head. I bought him one once and it swam on his poor little head.

10. Ahh, ok. Oh well, if its a knock off I dont care. It looks good, thats all that matters. lol

I love it too. The first day I did actually think about cutting it off, but I didnt want to.

Aww, maybe velcrow would work? I plan on getting some for his wig right now cause it falls off a lot and its really annoying when Im trying to braid it. :lol:

11. Velcro helps but the one wig I bought him still swam on him and made his head look too big, or something. I'll try taking a picture so you can see what I mean.

12. Oh wow, thanks. Im gonna go to bed now. ttyl

13. I think my sha is worth it (big plus is that he doesn't have the same eyebrows as the ones on the DOD website). XP

I think Sha doesn't photograph as well as Ducan though. Sha is gorgeous in person compare to Ducans, but Ducans turn out better in photos. When I first got my Sha I thought he looked pretty girly too and a little dumb (I didn't touch the eyes yet at the time). Later on I switched his eyes out and positioned them differently and it made a huge difference and made him look way sharper.

14. Ducan does photograph a lot better than Sha, I agree. But I love them both XD Sha is much cuter (well I have him that way) and Ducan just looks like a bad boy ;)

15. They made Sha look a lot better than Homme Ducan on DOD's website at first. XP It's the outfit I think :)

16. I really can't wait to get my Sha =) i'm now just waiting for some info from D.O.D... =)

17. My Sha (Before I had to get rid of him--A careless friend of mine broke him) came painted with the same make-up that the company had and I think he looked masculine. If you look back in my profile for my older gallery posts, you could see for yourself.

18. oh no!! >-< he is broken? that's so cruel ._.
      poor boy, I feel so sorry for him... I would be so, so... so whatever, angry and much more if someone broke my doll!
      and Sha's so beautiful~ *want one myself*

19. Back to the shipping issue, would it be cheaper to ship into Asia?

20. it should be since it's physically a lot closer :) try running an order through the cart and seeing. If you go to far just cancel the order