1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll DoT Vs Luts Delf - who can STAND best?

May 12, 2007

1. My El stands perfectly. No difficulty at all.

2. I've had no problems with the Luts dolls - mine have all stood quite well straight out of the box. Stringing adjustments and sueding have helped even more, and they hold poses quite well. I think it's really just a matter of getting a feel for the doll - it's easier for me to get my girls to stand than for me to get my boy to stand, but they all do.

The DoT's I've played with are harder for me to get to stand, but again it might just be that I'm not used to them. <3

3. My Ducan stood perfectly right out of the box. I can get him to stand on carpet, grass, slanted surfaces, in shoes, socks and bare feet. I just lock his knees and press the tops of his feet so they are level on whatever I'm standing him on. He's rock solid, I even show people how stable he is by standing him then tapping his back and chest all around and he doesn't move. =D

4. My CP Yder was horrible when I first got him, but we restrung him, which helped a great deal. Then I sueded him and now he's a dream to stand up^^ It's really easy. The only problem I really have is wind knocking him over and that sort of thing. He stands very well now.

5. I've owned both... The sha was harder for me to stand. Even before sueding my CP I was able to get him to stand... the knee joint doesn't seem to be deep enough on the DOT boys so his calf tends to spin around backwards from time to time. o_o;

Both dolls benefited greatly from hot glue sueding and snug but not overly tight stringing. Ghaleon, my cp shiwoo elf, is three now and he stands like a rock. The sha also stood very well up to the time I sold him. :3

6. My CP girl stands awesome when sueded. :)

7. i got keiji at the beginning of april. He stands well, but REALLY well with shoes...

he is hot glue sueded but that doesnt really do to much ^^;

8. Both of my CP dolls have trouble standing.The regular Shiwoo was so floppy you wont believe it! The vamp Shiwoo was a bit better.
      I had to tighten the strings on the regular shiwoo and hot glue suede his knees to get him to stand a bit better.Should do proper sueding on both of them actually.(Still not very good.) :| That's why they're always sitting in the photos. :doh

9. Almost all my cp's can stand easily. My elf shiwoo is the best doing it so, and I don't string my dolls too tight. Instead, I change the elastics often so they can have wide range of movement. In my experience, very elastic and not too tight elastics work better than incredibly hard- strung elastics.

10. My CP Lishe stands quite nicely. ^^ I have a little trouble now and then but she stands perfectly for the most part, and in high heels! XD

11. My DoT Ducan can stand wonderfully. I've gotten him to stand on flat surfaces for very long periods of time, and I've gotten him to stand on my bed a couple times too. Every once in a while I'll have a problem where he wants to bend over at the hips, but that's usually my fault because I just sort of set him up there without really thinking.

12. Kiril (my CP El) stood really well until I restrung him :XD:
      But that was a messup on my part (I accidentally twisted the string in his left leg *_*). Now I am going to restring and suede him, and I hear that that normally takes care of any standing difficulties with CP dolls.

13. My CP dolls could stand out of the box with a little bit of maneuvering.

Though, coating with MSC helps posing (and standing). It produces more friction in the joints, and dolls are much less kicky :)

Edit: actually, sometimes MSC almost gets rid of kicking and makes standing much easier

14. My Soo is kicky, but I can get her to stand just fine.

15. A lot of people have stereotypes about CP dolls. They're not bad at standing, you've just got to know how to do it.
      And and... they aren't hard to restring even if they are kicky, so don't doubt it ^^

And as for DOT, all the ones I've handled are really good, solid posers.

16. I have a CP Moon & Chiwoo and both of them could stand right out of the box, no problems whatsoever. My Moon has a Type 2 body, and my Chiwoo has a Type 1 so that doesn't affect things at all. They both still stand just fine, and they're not wired or sueded or anything~ I've even had my Chiwoo for a couple of years now and I've never restrung him, and he still stands without a problem. I wouldn't worry too much.

17. Thank you guys so much!!!! all your input is really helpful.
      My MSD kids stand 90% of the time. it makes showing their clothes off funner:) My firend kinda turned my away from SD dolls because she told me she couldnt get her CP els to stand well.
      So do you guys think sueding is a good idea for any SD doll that will be standing alot??
      I have luts ani and 2 doc dolls. and i have noticed the movement on the DOC's are much better then my luts ani
      once again thanks for your help:) :) :)

18. Well, it sounds like you got a lot of feedback to work with, but I guess I'll throw in my two cents...>.>;; *incredibly late*

I have a DOT E-An, with the new girl's body (obviously, lol). She stands..ok..? At first it wasn't difficult to stand her, but sometimes now it is. She falls over really easily too...

My bestfriend has a CP El. She couldn't get him to stand AT ALL when she first bought him. A few weeks ago (a little over a year after she bought him) I helped her to tighten his strings and she can get him to stand now, sometimes. He refuses to stand wearing the boots she bought him though, which I find odd as I've seen a lot of people say that their dolls stand BETTER with shoes on...o_O;;

And to answer your new question: If your doll will be standing a lot, you'll probably want to sued their joints...I personally have not done such, but then again I don't have my dolls stand much (they're usually sitting on a dolly-sized bench ^^; ). I have yet to see a single post where people have have a more difficult time standing their dolls WITH sueding though. ^^;

19. A bit late, but it can't hurt to have more feedback, am I right?

My El [Type 1] could stand right out of the box. It took a bit of effort to make sure the weight was evenly distributed, but it wasn't terribly difficult or time consuming. About a week after getting him, I decided it was time to restring and suede him [not at all difficult if you consult Luts's tutorial and use common sense]. It wasn't so much for his legs, but his floppy arms. Nevertheless, I must admit it did help his legs and make it much, much easier to plop him down and stand. :]
      And, yes, shoes do make it slightly easier, most likely due to the ridges on the bottom of the sole.

20. Sueding and wire would solve most standing problems in either brands.

My CP is a little jumpy in the legs, which means I don't trust other people with him. Sueding would solve this....i'll get round to it, once i've stopped being lazy.