1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll DoT Vs Luts Delf - who can STAND best?

May 12, 2007

1. My 2 cents too.
      My El, out of the box, crumpled like a ragdoll. Floppier than the rag I use to clean windows. It's a body type 1, bought from Luts, 1 month ago.

If, right now, all CPs from Luts (body type 1) are comming like this, forget about making him do any pose untill you put some work into it. I want to think that I was unlucky and that's not the standar.

2. My girl is on a type 2 CP body and she could already stand once she got out of the box. She was abit kicky but some pliver solved that problem, and after I sueded her legs she could do some really nice standing poses. She can't do them now cause' her stringing's so loose from me playing with her all the time, heh. :)

3. My DOD Elf Ducan is easier to stand straigtoff than my Luts Moon and El, as their knees like to buckle, but with with a bit of fiddling to balance them, then they're great.

4. i suppose i'll add to the feedback, whether you really need it or not ^^

I have both aswell, and you just have to know how to pose them. Somedays my Ducan won't stand at all..other's he's set like a rock. I do have problems standing him more than my El-- buut... my el is older and i've gotten mroe expierence with him. When i first got him he could stand really well. but after a while his stringing got looose..so i restrung him and he stood really well. I tried wiring and that dosn't really solve anything unless you want more arm movement-- wiring dosn't do crap for legs unless your bending them. lol. I haven't tried sueding because i don't know how to do it with pleather or whatever, and hot glue...not really sure about it. Restringing can fix the problems most of the time i've found ^^

but don't let 'stereotypes' turn you off...and it's just physics that the bigger dolls will be harder to stand than smaller dolls. My DoC stands with out any stress--he's strung INCREDIBLY tight, but still. It's just going to be harder to stand taller dolls than the smaller ones. ^^;

5. Well, my sister's DOT Sha stands alone very well,
      whearas my CP Des doesn't...:sweat

It's a little hard to make her stand because she has the terrible Luts' kick lol so it's seem that she prefers to sit down :|

But it's better to choose the one that you really like, even if he doesn't stand very well by his own (er..i hope you understand me ><)

6. My CP Soony has always been very good at standing; barefoot, flat shoes or heels, even while she had kicky legs. I hot glue sueded her this year and now she stands much easier.

7. Neither of my CP boys stood until another board member glue sueded their joints. They now pose wonderfully. I also own a DoT Black Shall and she does stand well without any sueding or help. XD

8. I have a DOT Lahoo and he was really loosly strung when I got him. I ended up taking several inches of elastic out of him before he could stand! After that, he was really quite managable. My only problem with him has been his occational leaning forward too much and falling over. I need to get around to seuding his hip joints. >_> My mom has a CP boy and he has rather kicky legs. He doesn't flop forward as much as my boy, but he does kick rather often. That could probably be fixed by loosening his strings though.

9. Luts Delfs (I just bought a Senior Delf as well) tend to be tightly strung, so their legs are pretty good with standing.

10. my boy stand really well by just restringing (no wiring or sueded) and msc coated, i suppose the right amount of tension is the answer =D

11. Karrian, my CP NaNuRi, can't stand at all. I've practically made his character parapalegic. :/ It's pretty much a 50/50. You can get a superflop, or a perfectly strung doll.

12. Mike, my El, was floppy, but I wired him. King, my Shiwoo, stood out of the box. But I was told to make the string 11 inches from the knot to the end of the loop and that should help them stand without sueding or anything.

13. All I'm goin to say is that I've never met a doll I couldn't stand. Normally AND on one foot. It's all up to the stringing and the person. Unless there's a defect in the way the doll is made that makes the legs incredibly uneven, there shouldn't be any reason that ANY doll is unable to stand.

14. I have a lahoo and I've never needed to restring him, he stands very easily and can keep a pose. I'm very happy with him, he has just the right amount of tension and the locking joints are really useful :)

15. my restrung (but otherwise not modified/sueded/etc) type 1 boys stand with no problem at all. my el can do ninja poses (as can be seen here) and stand on one leg without falling until i prod at him.

my un-restrung elf yder seems okay at standing on his own, but can't really sit up well. but then again, most of my boys have that problem.

my un-restrung 2006 elf el can stand reasonably well, but loves to fall backwards when sitting. my un-restrung elf chiwoo is so tight that when i get him into the standing posture, he REALLY stands. and his stiffness is great for keeping him upright when he sits. but i'm not a fan of overly tight stringing, so i'll probably get all my boys restrung again in a few months.

16. I just got Anneliese, my Miyu, a week or two ago. She has the type 1 (old) body, and stands perfectly-- with shoes or without. She poses wonderfully too. Funny, since the Luts Miyu I had a year ago (she was NS, I wanted BW...) was majorly kicky and would not stand AT ALL. Maybe I'm just lucky? Or Anneliese and I were meant to be... :D

17. My beloved Ringo stands when he feels like it. Hes a goof ball...its in his contract to be clumsy apperantly. But on the occasion he'll stand for me. :) I hot glue sueded him and it made a billion percent of difference in his poseing!!! I love my boy!!! XD

18. My DOT has no problem standing, the knees will NEVER buckle, but he will sometimes bend over at the thigh-hip joint, something I haven't really found other dolls to do ^^;;; It's really easy to balance him so it doesn't happen though, it's more when you pick him up and he goes off balance, he'll just stick his butt out and try and touch his toes suddenly.

19. My DOT seems pretty fickle about standing. It takes a lot of balancing and I'd be afraid to leave him somewhere standing alone. XD I think his elastic may be loose, but since he's my first doll I haven't really been able to tell. His legs are always flipping around the face the wrong way.

20. I've had four CP dolls and all but three have givien me trouble standing.The Cory I had didn't give me any trouble i think, because he was smaller. On the other Hand my Lishe did, My El does, and even shometimes my MF Shiwoo give me hell. I think the bigger the CP doll is, the more trouble it it to make them stand. Wire works wonders.