1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. * What did you order?
      DOT Tender Elf Sha, a pair of eyes, and an outfit.

* When did you order?

December 25th, 2008

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from company

* How was the communication?

They answered quickly, though they weren't correct when they promised shipping dates.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal had problems with transferring the payment, but it was very easy.

* How long did it take to ship?
      72 days.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      For the most part, yes. The arm-warmers that were part of the outfit were fraying, and the face-up was slightly different from what I expected. He also came with a white spot above his eye that looks like a scratch in the face-up.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I asked them about the face-up, but they told me that it was exactly what I had ordered. The lips look darker than they should have been, but I'm fine with it.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, I would~

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

It depends on who was selling it, if it was something I was really looking for, and what the condition was.

2. * What did you order?
      A blank DOT Camine with a wig and a wig.

* When did you order?
      December 26th, 2008

Directly from the company.

Vague at times, but they listened to me and answered my questions.

Very easy.

106 days

Yeah.

The wig didn't, but everything else did.

Pretty much, yeah. C= He's just a little kicky and doesn't like to stand but everything else is really awesome. They gave me the eyes that I asked for, too!

N/A

I would definitely order from them again, but not near Christmas time/an event (unless I REALLY want the event gift) -_- The shipping time was ridiculously long.

Probably, but it depends on the seller.

3. What did you order?
      DOT H. Ducan (with face up) and an Outfit

When did you order?

December 27, 2008

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?

Directly from them

How was the communication?

Very good, they sent letters apologizing for the wait and when I sent them emails about status they were quick to reply. They never made false claims with me they were always true (When they said He'll ship this week, he shipped out that Friday on a four day express.)

How easy was it to pay?

Very, Pay pal they confirmed the payment the next day.

How long did it take to ship?

About three months and change (108 days), He arrived on April 14.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

I think so, everything was excellent or better then I expected.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Better actually, His face up was unique but at the same time default.

Were you satisfied with the product?

I was, but there was one problem that I haven't taken to the company because well I can solve it myself. His stringing was wrong, his legs were strung uneven (one was looser then the other by over an inch) and his arms were too tight. I fixed the legs but need new string for the arms.

Would you order from this company again?

Yes, I would. Although I probably won't buy during an event again. Unless I really want the event Head or Doll, same is true if the clothing is on sale I might go for that.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

Yes but it depends on the seller.

4. * What did you order? DOD DOT full doll Camine with GOTH faceup and event head (also with GOTH faceup), pair of shoes and extra wig.

* When did you order?
      10 Dec 2008

Directly with DOD

* How was the communication? excellent

* How easy was it to pay? very, used paypal

arrived on 21/03/09 (102 days) but I did order when the xmas event was on.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes the resin is lovely quality.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? the actual doll (sculpt and body) did but the faceup didnt.

* Were you satisfied with the product? not at first as he came with the wrong faceup. The company corrected their mistake quickly and I am very happy now.

they were wonderful to deal with, I sent them pictures of the dolls heads to show them that they had given BOTH heads the wrong faceup. My camine came incedibly pink almost as if he had a cutie or lovely faceup and it should have been goth. The event head came with default face and again this should have been GOTH. I decided I liked the event head faceup so he ended up staying as he is. The Camine head had to go back, they paid for my shipping back to them, they redid the faceup and sent him back to me with a really great goth faceup. Head resent back on 27/03/09 and arrived back with me on 23/04/09.

Yes definately as the customer service was wonderful, they worked quickly and effiently to ensure my head was sent back and returned to me with the faceup I wanted, and I adore their dolls ^_^

yes so long as the item was in great condition at a good price.

5. * What did you order?
      DOB Pisce, event outfit, event wig. (plus free event head)

* When did you order?
      Mid-December, 2008.

Direct from DOD website.

It was okay. I would have preferred more updates.

Pretty easy-- PayPal

A little more than 4 months :/

No.
      The quality of the sculpting is far more crude, rough and unfinished compared to the dolls I bought several years ago, and there were a fair number of large air bubbles in the resin (Thankfully just in the joint, not on the hands or face). Also, the seams were unsanded and very visable (on my previous DOD dolls, the seams were very nicely sanded and that service was included in the price). The faceplates leave noticable gaps while connected to the head. Overall, for the resin/sculpting/unsanded/wait the price I paid was a bit unreasonable.

Kind of. Close enough.

Yes, it’s a very sweet doll, nonetheless.

N/A

Probably not, if the prices continue to increase, while the quality declines.

Yes. If the asking price was fair.

6. What did you order?
      DoD E-an, Shoes, Dress

When did you order?
      Ordered E-an 2/20/09 and the dress and shoes 3/11/09 all to be shipped together

Direct from the company

Good, they usually got back to me the same day

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. Went through Paypal

12 weeks from order date to my door. The shipping itself only took 3 days!

YES! I am beyond impressed! The wait got really long but the quality and beauty really make up for it. And that includes the doll, dress, and shoes!

Yes, and personally I think my doll looks WAY better in real life!

Very much so.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      NA

Despite the wait.....yes.

Depending on the seller, Sure.

7. argh, forgot to post here

* What did you order? DOC Kirill + outfit
      * When did you order? Jan 17th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? from the company
      * How was the communication? very smooth once i actually started emailing them directly, not through their webpage
      * How easy was it to pay? easy, i payed with paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 101 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? oh, definetely, his pants are a bit loose on the hips but i don't really mind, i guess they're supposed to be so so he doesn't show his butt when he sits. He also came very tightly strung, and after freaking out and trying unsuccesfully to restring him, i realized that it would get lookser through time...eheheh...oops :sweat
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? the faceup looks a bit lighter but i'm glad they did it that way
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yup
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? --
      * Would you order from this company again? oh definetely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? not really, i don't like buying second hand products :/

8. What did you order?
      TOO and BEE-A

When did you order?
      January 20th. Arrived May 19th (4 months later).

Directly from the company

At first I got very little communication until I sent them quite a few emails. I chalked this up to the end of the holiday rush and the new year. During the latter part of the process, they were very good at responding within a day, but they wouldn't give specific answers to my questions about the delays. I was told four times "your dolls will ship this week" and they weren't. However, the emails overall were very reassuring and apologetic about the delays and concerned with my satisfaction as a customer.

How easy was it to pay?
      I was uncomfortable about having to send the money via paypal to an email address. An integrated paypacl checkout system would have been nice. Once it said "payment received" about two days later I didn't worry as much.

FOUR MONTHS. I realize I ordered two dolls, so that takes longer, but since they can't be bought singly, the expected shipping times (which is 7-8 weeks) should be updated on the site.

Yes! Very much so. Dream of Doll has the most beautiful dolls of any company I've seen, and my pair cost less than buying a single MSD from some other companies. Its just as well they take so long to ship the dolls, because otherwise, I'd be buying all of them!

Yes, exactly the same. For waiting so long they gave me free faceups, which also match perfectly.

They are absolutely perfect!! They're a little tighter than my other dolls, but pose beautifully, so its perfect the way it is.

EDIT: A defect on the girl's left hand, combined with extra tight stringing, caused the hand to break off and was unable to be reattached!

Due to the delays, DOD gave both of my dolls free faceups, and they included a free wig, wig attachment stuff, AND an extra pair of hands! I did not know I would be getting so much extra until they arrived today.

EDIT: I contacted the company about the hand, and they immediately sent me a replacement no charge (not even shipping). They were extremely nice about it! The replacement arrived today, and they sent me BOTH hands so I am extremely happy! I now have an extra right hand. :)

If it weren't for the shipping -- god yes. If I hear from later reviews that they're actually shipping within the 2 months listed on their site, certainly. But I don't want to wait four months again, agonizing over whether or not my order was right, if I was being scammed, etc.

In a heart beat. All of it. There is not a single doll they make that I don't like. I haven't seen anyone selling them, or I would have bought some already!

9. What did you order?
      DOT Homme Ducan with new body choice & default faceup, and clothes.

When did you order?
      Ordered Ducan on 27th February '09 and the clothes on 18th March '09.

Direct from the company

Excellent, I used the Q&A board and they alway's got back to me right away.

How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy, paid with Paypal

Received shipping notice after waiting just over 10 weeks, but customs held things up so it took a total of 12 weeks to get to me.

Absolutely!!! He is perfect, his faceup is gorgeous and the details/workmanship of the clothing is amazing.:D

Yes he does but even better in person :aheartbea

Definately.

NA

Yep.

Depending on the condition and the seller, yes .

10. What did you order?
      DoC Tender Too and Tender Bee-A with Goth faceups, two wigs and one outfit.
      When did you order?
      January 26th, 2009
      Direct
      Very good. They got back to me with every question I asked.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy (paypal).
      Felt like forever. 108 days.
      Oh yes, very!
      Yes (of course with different make-up). Even better, I think.
      Extremely.
      Definitely. Hopefully it doesn't take so long next time.
      Depends on the seller and condition of doll, but if they were suitable, yes.

11. * What did you order?
      DOC Homme Kirill with Goth Faceup and a wig.

* When did you order?
      The beginning of March

Directly from the company.

Communication was great.

Very easy, I used paypal.

Around 83 days including weekends

Yes, very much so.

Of course he looked different because of his face up, he looked better than the sales pictures.

Yes I was. Although one of his thighs has thinner Resin, so the thigh joint doesn't match up perfectly on one leg, but that's okay.

N/A

Yes! I plan to.

Maybe, it depends on the seller and how well the items have been kept.

12. What did you order?
      Dream of Baby Libra/Haha

When did you order?
      April 6, 2009, arrived May 29, 2009

It was great, they're very prompt with responding and polite.

How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy. I wired money.

Well, he was shipped on May 26, 2009 so I'd say 49 days-ish. Not bad.

Oh goodness, yes. He's wonderful.

Mmhm.

Yes!! And DoD was kind enough to let me in on the May promo they were having and gave his Tender head a face-up, even though I actually only ordered a face-up for the open-eyed head.

n/a

Mmm, maybe. Dod is a little too infamous for their wait times and that's what really gets me.

Sure. It's better than having to wait for the company.

13. * What did you order?
      DoC Homme Ivan with custom faceup
      * When did you order?
      March 16, 2009
      Direct
      Wonderful! I emailed them so much over the course of the waiting time, asking many questions which were all replied to within a day!
      Very simple. :3
      Took him 79 days from the day I ordered to when he got here.
      Oh, definitely. He's absolutely gorgeous, and I'll never regret choosing him as my first BJD. His faceup is also EXACTLY how I wanted it. Absolutely perfect.
      Honestly, I think he looks better in real life! And that's saying a lot, because the sales pictures are beautiful.
      Yes, yes, yes. >w<
      N/A
      Definitely, I plan to as soon as I get the money. :3
      As long as it was kept in good condition, yes, definitely.

14. * What did you order?
      DOT Home Ducan, default face-up, and outfit D-174

* When did you order?
      On March 9, and my order arrived on June 3

Very nice and friendly, they answered all of my messages trough their Q&A board. One very bad point tough, they said they would "ship next week","ship it in two weeks", etc ... but they didn't ship my order as they said.

Very easy by Paypal

11 weeks ...

Yes! They did a wonderful work on him, and i love the face up they made him !!!

Yes, even better in real!

Yea, absolutely !!!

N/A

Ducan is the only doll from Dod i really like, so for now, i would only order things like wigs, outfits etc. (unless they release a new doll i would fall for ;))
      And also, their wait times for dolls are really too long. They should change their "5 weeks or a little more" wait times to "more or less 10 weeks" on their official doll descriptions...

Depending the price/state, yes i would

15. My doll has not arrived yet but here's how my situation is with DOD

* What did you order?
      DoI Crush vs2 with clothing, default make-up, and shoes
      * When did you order?
      June 2nd 2009
      Directly from DOD
      Very good! They speak fairly well English for a Korean company and were very helpful since this is my first purchase for a bjd ever
      Little confusing since I had never used pay pal before but DOD helped me sort everything out and were very nice about it. It all worked out in the end :)
      Still awaiting a shipping notice but I'll keep everyone posted
      Several of my friends have DOD dolls so I was able to see them before I purchased my DoI. They are very well crafted and r so beautiful!! :D def. worth the price
      Don't know yet
      N/A
      N/A
      If my doll arrives within 2 months from ordering time than definatly! If it takes longer, I may not
      Probably not. I prefer ordering directly through the company

I will post more info when my doll arrives :)

16. * What did you order?
      DoC girls body 2 and Leya head with goth faceup

* When did you order?
      may 20 2009

directly

good~ i e-mailed them a question and they replied quickly.

easy. i used paypal.

7 weeks.

yes.

apart from the different faceup, yes.

very.

n/a

this is the fourth time i've ordered from them and i'm saving to order again, so yes.

i already did and i was happy then too.

17. This is only for the last order I made with DOD ( even though I've bought directly from them 5 times), but I want to say that this is the BEST company I've dealt with, I love them:D

* What did you order? 2 wigs, a pair of pants and one shirt

* When did you order? 2 weeks ago (sorry...can't remember the exact date)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly from the company

* How was the communication? EXCELLENT!! I made my order but I forgot to add one item more so a day later I sent a message asking them if I could add another item in my current order and if they could combine shipping. They replied really fast! so kind and polite as ever <3 they let me pay for the other item with paypal and didn't charge more for shipping, it was really easy as opposed to Luts, it's really a pain to combine orders with Luts =.=

* How easy was it to pay? pretty easy, paypal and my payment was confirmed hours later.

* How long did it take to ship? I received my package yesterday ;)

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? absolutely yes, and the wigs are so beautiful!!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes, they did!

* Were you satisfied with the product? 100% satisfied :)

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I've never had a problem with them, I've purchased my 3 DOC boys from them, and clothes etc, they're always a pleasure to deal with :aheartbea

* Would you order from this company again? take a guess...of course!!! they're my favorite company!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? if they are in good condition, yes I would^^

18. * What did you order?
      DOI Black Elf Sha
      * When did you order?
      I first tried around the 20th of December, 2008. Was paid for on the 20th of January, about.
      Directly.
      They responded by the next day, usually. I think they changed the person dealing with the english speakers. The person is nicer.
      It was not at all easy. I sent them all my credit card info and ID, then they said no, I had to use paypal. I had no paypal, so I had to make one, wait for the bank to do something, and it took around a month of fighting with them.
      It took 11 weeks to make, then like 6? days to ship.
      Yeah, I was just sad because my tan BC I got the week before was perfect, and my tan DOD had marbling. He also had a chip on the inside of his knee and a bubble on the end of his pinky.
      The color was not the same at all. Still a pretty tan though.
      Yes.
      N/A (I'm not going to bother about the knee.)
      Never again.
      Yeah.

19. * What did you order?
      - Tender Too & Bee-A (Both with make-ups), Wigs: MC-06 & W-60.
      * When did you order?
      - Order: 20-05-2009, Paid: 26-05-2009.
      - Directly from the company.
      - Excellent, they reply my questions within 24-48 hours. Plus, they’re very polite in answering.
      - Yes. (PayPal)
      - For about 4 weeks 2 days. (Business days, shipped on: 06-07-2009)
      - Yes, the quality was amazing, no defects, just a few stains but thats not a problem.
      - Yes, the wigs are alike, although Tender Too & Bee-A had different make-ups than the sales pictures.
      - Yes, very.
      - N/A
      - Yes, and I plan to.
      - Depends, but I prefer to buy directly from the company.

20. * What did you order?
      WT-54 (wig), ST-06 (boots), WT-56 (wig), String (D.O.T)
      * When did you order?
      June 20, 2009
      Direct! XD
      Great, confirmation e-mail sent next day about payment.
      Super easy, Pay-pal
      Well it was during an event: 4 days after the scheduled shipping day which was July 10th (for all new wigs) so it shipped on July 14th, 2009 it arrived here on July 17th, 2009
      Yes, the boots really impressed me they were like nothing I've bought in the past. Soft and didn't smell.
      Yep ^_^
      Great! I love both wigs and the boots didn't stink.
      n/a!
      Yes, I have plans in the near future. ^_^
      Hm, depends on the seller.