1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. * What did you order? 1 Outfit
      * When did you order? July 14th, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly
      * How was the communication? Decent, I suppose
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, via paypal, but had to wait 3 days for it to clear?
      * How long did it take to ship? 11 days total (shipped July 23rd, arrived July 25th)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES. The clothes fit my Iplehouse boy PERFECTLY.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly. I was very, very impressed.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I was satisfied.
      * Would you order from this company again? I adore their clothes for dolls, so yes, I think I would. I just know it also takes them longer to ship.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If they were in good condition, yes.

2. * What did you order?
      DOT heeled feet, two event wigs
      * When did you order?
      June 12th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly.
      * How was the communication?
      Communication was great. They replied to any question I had in less than twelve hours.
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. I used paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship?
      The event wigs were scheduled to ship after July 10th. Mine shipped on the 21st, but it arrived only two days later.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yep.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes it did.
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?
      I certainly will.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If they were well taken care of.

3. What did you order?
      DOT Sha w/ default faceup, and a wig. Ordered during the free faceup event.
      When did you order?
      1 June 2009
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly
      How was the communication?
      Brilliant. I ordered the wig about a month after I ordered Sha, and requested that the wig be shipped out with the doll to save on shipping. They got back to me within 24 hours confirming my request =)
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy for me, although I have had a lot of previous experience using Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship?
      The box arrived on 30th July 2009, so roughly 2 months between ordering and receiving.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Aye. I haven't found a doll I've wanted more than Sha, so I was willing to pay that little bit extra for him =)
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Unfortunately Sha's default wig doesn't exactly match DODs pictures - it's far more blonde in real life, but apart from that, everything else is perfect ^^
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      More than satisfied! I was stunned by the quality and detail in the sculpting and in the high standard of the faceup and default eyes!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A
      Would you order from this company again?
      I certainly would - although I would probably order multiple items at once to save on shipping charges.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yup, definitely!

4. * What did you order? homme kirill
      * When did you order? 6/08/09 is when payment was accepted
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly
      * How was the communication? great!
      * How easy was it to pay? not bad...had to ask on the dod board where to send payment since there were 2 paypal addresses
      * How long did it take to ship? i received him on 7-30 or 7-31
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes! i lurve my shinta! he was teh firast boy i fell in love with
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? absolutely. i requested default face-up
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yuppers
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? yes! i plan on ordering a twingkey once they respond to my question
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? maybe...although i seem to prefer first hand products now that i know what i'm getting into. i would buy 2nd hand if the price is right and it was what i was looking for

5. * What did you order? DoT Girls body (old)
      * When did you order? 6/6/09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct
      * How was the communication? N/A (I had no reason to contact them)
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? It arrived on 8/1/09, so around 8 weeks or so.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think the prices are a tad high, but they are really good quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very much. Her seems are visible but that doesn't bother me any.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, already did ^.^
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, already did.

6. * What did you order?
      A DOC Pitts with Girl Old Body + Event : Free Face Up + Outfits

* When did you order?
      21st May 2009

Directly from the company

Very nice & polite... ^___^
      I've asked some questions regarding my doll & shipment, and they answer it pretty quick
      Q&A is the best way to communicate :3

Yes

71 normal days ---> 51 business days ---> 10 weeks
      I must say, it's very worth it to wait such a long time for a beautiful piece of art like her...

Yeah ! All of them that I ordered are superb & she's more lovely from what I imagine
      I just wondering about her socks can't fit her.
      But that's not a big problem, I won't bother DoD just for a small problem like this~

Yes, lovely like in the sales picture. ^___^
      She's totally adorable, but mine isn't default face up
      (though actually it looks like the default one, except the eye lashes)

Yes, yess, yesss

I'm very satisfied

Yes, surely (if I have anything desired from this company)

I've bought their 2nd hand products and it's superb, would love to buy another 2nd hand if the condition & price are great

7. * What did you order?
      d.o.c. Homme Kirill + default makeup + x2 outfits

* When did you order?
      June 1st, 2oo9

through the company

GREAT! I emailed them over and over and they never got sick of me, and I also made a lot of requests [like painting his eyebrows black instead of brown and making sure theres no resin leftover because of pets and green eyes and stuff] and they replied in less than 24 hours each time and also made every one of my requests!

Well, I had to pay 4o dollars extra for a wire transfer fee but that's because I didn't want to pay with a credit card // paypal.

53 days

YES!

They're not exactly alike but it would be boring if they were, and everything is handmade--really, it's better that it doesn't look exactly the same, because each doll has their own personality. In the pictures, he's more devillish and sly, but mine is more cute and happy. This is due to the shape of lips, and eyebrows.

Yes!

Yup I'm going to!

I don't buy anything second hand.

8. *What did you order?
      D.O.T sha + Default make up and Dress for D.O.T

* When did you order?
      5 Aug 2009

from company directly

they quick respond for Email after payment and order

very easy , Iuse both Paypal and Credit card pay direct

for dress about 1 weeks , for D.O.T no idea

expensive

yes

yesss

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I
      'm very satisfied

yes sure, next I will order shall

If they were in good condition, yes.

9. What did you order?
      DOI Luke version 2 and with the default wig during the free face-up event ^^

When did you order?
      June 4th, received confirmation on June 5th

How was the communication?
      Their English isn't perfect but quite understandable anyway. They were always prompt to reply to questions posted on the board as well as the one email I sent.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very, used Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      The actual shipping was fast. I received notice on the 12th and he arrived on the 15th in the morning. I waited 48 business days (including their 1 week holiday) for shipping notice.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Mostly, yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes. Perhaps even better actually since the promo pictures of Luke 2 aren't the best DOD has done.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Not entirely. There are some irregularities which bug me because of his high price. The wig was very hard to put/keep on but the feel and look of it was much softer and nicer than the Cotin ones I bought. As for the doll, he has a gloss spot on his cheek, unattractively obvious seams especially on the hands, minute scratches/bubbles. Although fortunately most of these are on bits of the body that are usually hidden by clothing or a wig.

However, I must say that his face-up is exactly what I asked for, very nicely done. And they sent the particular colour of eyes I requested for the free pair even though it's usually random. ^^

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      For all my nitpicking, none of the above are substantial flaws, aside from the seams, so I won't be pestering DOD about it.

Would you order from this company again?
      I would like to, yes.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, definitely.

10. * What did you order?
      D.o.T Lahoo (Goth Face-Up), D-156, and ST-06.
      * When did you order?
      Payment was confirmed on July 4th.
      Directly.
      Very good. They replied to my question within a few days.
      I was new to Paypal, but it was pretty easy.
      It was shipped on August 19th, so about fourty days.
      Yes. The resin is absolutely flawless, and the face-up is gorgeous. It was well worth it.
      Aside from the face-up and eyes, it looked nearly identical.
      Very!
      N.A.
      If given the chance, I would defiantly!
      I prefer not to buy second-hand, but sure.

11. * What did you order?
      DoT Lahoo + free event face-up; 2 wigs; 2 shirts; 1 pants; 1 shoes.

* When did you order?
      Ordered 09 June 2009; payment confirmed 12 June 2009.

Directly from company.

Very good, they would respond within 24 hours (to both Q&A board posts and email), and answered all my questions thoroughly. I later made a few more purchases, and they worked with me to combine the later purchases into my initial order. I am very pleased with their customer service.

Easy. I paid with PayPal eCheck, which took about 4 business days to clear, and DoD was very patient and kept in communication all the way.

Total waiting time was 72 days, shipped in 3 days. (I think it took so long because of the face-up event.)

Very, the doll is gorgeous in person! I'm also pleased with the quality of the wigs and clothes.

Yes.

Very satisfied; they let me get the free face-up even when my payment cleared only after the event deadline. However, there was one clothing item in my order that didn't arrive...

I sent an email and they replied within the day. Apparently the unsent item was the last one holding up my order's shipment, so they decided to send my package first. (As of writing I'm still waiting for this lagging item to ship from DoD.) Update: It has arrived.

Even though the waiting time is very long, I do think it's worth the wait.

Yes, if well-cared for. (I have already done so!)

12. * What did you order?
      Dream Of Doll DOT Homme Ducan, Three Wigs, One set of clothes
      * When did you order?
      June 15th 2009
      'Tis easy to answer, directly from them
      'Twas easy considering they were so darn kind! I mostly asked things through email and every single one was returned on the same day.
      'Tis easy, (Wire Bank Transfer)
      It arrived in just four weeks actually, caught me by surprise too.
      Hell yeah, it was in top notch condition besides a singular small resin bubble on his hand.
      The clothes and wigs did but since I ordered him without face-up of course it would look different from the image.
      I was so satisfied I would have popped. He was splendid indeed. No flaws at all.
      Well as i stated before there were no flaws at all.
      Oh yess, definitely!....I already did to be honest. XD
      Depends on the seller, but probably.

13. * What did you order?
      Dream Of Children Leya and 1 outfit
      * When did you order?
      Jult 5th
      From their site
      Amazing! they always answered in time, quick and they're very polite ^^
      Easy!! Paypal
      Six weeks, but it worth the long wait !!
      A little bit expensive, but It worth every dollar!!
      Yes, the clothes were even better!! And I ordered her without face up so It wasn't her perfect clone
      Yes!! just abour her right leg it slides a little bit but I don't mind
      -
      yeah!! they're amazing!! :)
      Maybe

14. * What did you order?Doll no make-up,some wigs,some outfits,shoes.
      * When did you order? Sept 4th]
      *Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributer or dealer? Directly from the company
      * How was the communication? um pretty good so far though they can be slow....
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 2+ monthes
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?good
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? well an outfit that was to have pants is missing them.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? still working on it
      UPDATE: they sent me the pants, no shipping charged and they were really sweet and understanding!

* Would you order from this company again? so far yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes

15. * What did you order?
      DoC kirill
      * When did you order?
      July 14th arrived 4th sept
      from a dealer^w^
      ok..
      weeks
      yes
      even better than the picture
      very ^^ but expensive
      yup
      maybe

16. - What did you order?
      DOI Luke ver.2 during free faceup event

- When did you order?
      11th June ._.

- How was the communication?
      It was good, everything went smoothly. They would do their best to reply soon and they were very nice :'D

- How easy was it to pay?
      Oh, Paypal didn't work for me for unknown reasons.. I had to use credit card, and had no problems going through.

- How long did it take to ship?
      I thought the most would be 2 months, but I've waited for 3 months.. I've just received him today actually.. But he arrived in my country on 11th of September, exactly three months.

- Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yessss <3. I love how they did his faceup! And his body is lovely~

- Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Oh, much better I think <3 <3

- Were you satisfied with the product?
      Mostly yes! But the waiting time was terrible.. Besides that, his wig is a little hard to put on.. It doesn't seem to fit for some reason.. I have to put on his hat to keep it on his head. Other than that, there's nothing else <3

His faceup is lovely though! They still gave me free faceup even though I placed my order the day after the event ended! And they also gave me the eye colour that I had requested~
      However, for shipping out late, they had included a small gift for me. But I can't seem to find the small gift..

- If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Its because of the event, my doll arrived much later than he's supposed to. They would keep in touch with me and assure me with their emails.

- Would you order from this company again?
      If I could, I would :'D

- Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Probably will.

17. I taught i had mine earlier... but... i guess i din!!! >_>

* What did you order?
      DOC Tender Zen, DOC BEe-a, DOB Libra x 2(1 libra and 1 sleeping libra with body), and DOT Girl body.

* When did you order?
      2006 , 2007, 2008 and 2009 (I actually got the resin from 2005 till 2009)

Mostly direct from company and the other 2 was second hand from friend.

WEll I can see DOD had their communication brush up as its getting better and they reply promptly... ^_^ Which is good!!!

Well for me was easy as they confirm my payment pretty fast since I bought quite some time from them... xD

Some 1 month... some more till 2 months plus!!! as usual!!!

Yes.. always... I love DODs no matter what... xD

WEll.. can I say they always surprise me? Hahaha... I can say U musthave it only u know it... ^_^

Totally yes... ^_^

They did try their best to satisfy you... as there is once... DOD mistaken sent me the wrong wig... they willing to replace the wig back for me... ^_^

For sure yea... but if only I have money first!!! LOOOL

YEs...I already got 2 kids here are second hand... I guess I can call myself as a dOD fan/freak? LOOL

18. * What did you order?

Too head, DOC new body2 for boys, eyes, and clothes

* When did you order?

July 23-25. Paid on July 31th.

Directly from the company

They reply within 24 hours and are very friendly. Don't expect them to give you exact dates on when your doll will arrive. They usually just say "soon", at least in my experience

Easy with Paypal (I had to use their other email address though, since their first one was not working on me)

Around 2 months. It arrived on September 25 but I only got the notice from customs on September 29.

He was so beautiful when I took him out of the box. Other than him being kicky, which is normal I don't see anything wrong with it.

He looks better IRL.

So far am pretty happy.

n/a

If I had cash, then why not?

Depends on the seller and quality of the product

19. * What did you order? DOT Tender E-an + new body + default outfit + default faceup, high heel feet, shoes ST-08
      * When did you order? August 4, 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly
      * How was the communication? Good. Responses were always within the next working day.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy - I used paypal and it cleared quickly.
      * How long did it take to ship? Eight weeks, almost exactly.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yeah, sure. :V
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? All but the fedora. The fedora was a joke - more like a sad, twill bucket hat. But her faceup was even prettier, so it evens out.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yep!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably. They've got some good outfits. And I need flat-footed shoes that fit my girl now...
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? It'd probably be faster, so yeah.

20. * What did you order?
      DOT H. Ducan (new body) and DoC Si (new body2) without make-up, two pairs of eyelashes, one faceprotector for DOCs and one for DOTs.
      * When did you order?
      5/8-09, paid 10/8-09, payment confirmed 11/8-09
      Directly from the company.
      It was good, I wrote to them once and they answered the next day. :)
      Very easy, used paypal, it got confirmed the day after I paid.
      I got my shipping notice at day 51 (weekends included), and recived them yesterday. ^w^ :aheartbea (5/10-09)
      It was much faster than I thought it would be! I was prepaired to wait for one more month!
      Yes, I do think so! I love them to pieces!! :D
      As they got no make-up yet it's a little bit hard to see, bit in my option, they look much better in real!! :)
      YES! Very, very statisfied!!
      N/A
      I sure would! I'm thinking of ordering a DOT Shall next! :D
      If they were in good condition and got the right price I probably would. :)