1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. * What did you order? D.O.B. girl body
      * When did you order? Beginning of August
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from the company
      * How was the communication? Very good
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, but I had to send it to them through Paypal, rather than having a checkout system, which threw me for a loop. This is the first doll I've ordered directly from a company, so maybe that's normal?
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 and a half months from order, 4 days from notification of its shipment.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I suppose so, but I'm new and not really the best judge of quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? More than I expected.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Depending on the seller, yes.

The body came wrapped to within an inch of its life in bubble-wrap and doll-pillows, which I appreciated very much. I also received as a free gift a pair of clenched hands that I didn't know about until I opened the box, which was a nice surprise. I don't know if fourteen weeks is normal to wait, but she was definitely worth it!

2. What did you order?
      DOC Shiny Petsha Elf version with faceup type A and default dress.

When did you order?
      Ordered on 2nd July '09

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Direct from the company

How was the communication?
      Excellent, I used the Q&A board and they alway's got back to me right away.

How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy, paid with Paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      She took 14 weeks to ship.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Definately :) She is so beautiful, her faceup is so pretty and her clothes are perfect ^^

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes but she is even prettier in person :fangirl:

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Definately.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      NA

Would you order from this company again?
      Yep.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I do prefer to buy direct from doll company's but if the right doll came along sure why not ^^

3. What did you order? Dream of Doll DOC Petsha (Elf Version); non-fullset with Default face-up

When did you order?
      August 8, 2009

Directly from the company via the Dream of Doll website

Honestly, it could have been better. I was thrilled with their prompt responses - they always replied same or next day. But they kept pushing back my doll's shipping date. I don't mind waiting at all (I knew going in DOD takes a bit longer than other companies)... I just would've been happier if they told me upfront she wasn't near completion as opposed to saying "We'll ship next week" over and over. They are extremely friendly, though. A definite plus!!!

How easy was it to pay?
      Couldn't have been easier! Paid via PayPal the same day I ordered.

10 weeks. I did not order during an event.

Yes. She is worth every penny.

She sure did. Even more so.

Absolutely! Her quality is amazing; I can barely see her seam lines and the color of the resin is so beautiful. Words cannot describe it! Her sculpt is gorgeous, and her face-up is superb. They even added glitter to her cheeks and eyes. They piereced her ears for me as promised, her default eyes are very pretty, and the white wig they sent is so lovely. It frames her face wonderfully! I couldn't be happier - she is the perfect girl for my first BJD.

N/A

Maybe. I adore their dolls... I think they are absolutely beautiful. But there are other sculpts I would prefer to order right now.

If the right doll and deal came along, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

4. What did you order? DOT Homme Ducan + new body + outfit + faceup (special request = grey eyebrows)

When did you order?
      September 01, 2009

directly from the company

good

How easy was it to pay?
      extremely (paypal)

9 weeks + 4 days (or 2 months + 4 days) PLUS 3 weeks to send back to korea and return to US (wrong body sent) TOTAL: 12 weeks + 4 days (3 months + 4 days)

absolutely

yes

yes, but i was sent the old body, instead of the new body i paid for

have sent back my doll (received 16 Nov) and returned (29 Nov) with the new body i asked for :)

yes

depends

note: in response to PeppermintPocky, i would say responses from asian companies about when a product will be finished, will always be "soon" or "this week" or "next week", even if that product isn't near being close to finished yet. i think this is because an asian mentality doesn't allow for negative things to be said (not yet ready); it's just assumed you also know this and can interpret that message. i won't go on and on about this, but other buyers, try not to let vague responses like this affect your view of the company. it's really great :)

5. * What did you order? doc twing-key, blank nothing else
      * When did you order? august 6th 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct
      * How was the communication? ok - despite the new web site problems. i had to install a new browser to get to page 2+ of the q&a board. i was inquiring about my girl and was told next week or soon and it was longer than that. i wish they would just say how long it really is instead of we're working on it or soon...perhaps they can post something on the board that says what orders they are working on - or maybe what week? would help cut down on the questions of where's my doll.
      * How easy was it to pay? great
      * How long did it take to ship? she came the week of 10-19-09
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes, but there was a problem
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? they are sending out petsha hands with the girls body 2 and #7 hands. i only got the right hand, they sent 2 left #7 girl hands and said they were sending the correct hand 10-23. i went on vacation and my issue still isn't resolved. i contacted them again 11-05 and they said they would be sending it monday. i'm not sure if they mean 11-9 or 11-16. so far i don't have the hand and i've contacted them again. i received my hands today - they arrived 11-14 and now i have the correct left hand and an extra pair of #7 hands
      * Would you order from this company again? depends on when they are getting me the correct hand. so i guess i would order from them again since they fixed the issue - though it could have been resolved sooner imo
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? depends on the quality and such from the previous owner.

6. * What did you order?

Ivan, new body, and a wig

* When did you order? unsure

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?

Directly
      * How was the communication?

So so to be honest. No one told us that we have to send ID proof and photo of our credit card so it took them a month to just tell us that.
      * How easy was it to pay?

Just a credit card payment, but you have to send the photos of your id etc, which is really unsafe. I did not like that at all.

* How long did it take to ship?
      More than 3 months.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

So. so to be honest. For that price i would expect them to be seamless and cleaned properly. Lots of resin dust in joints. Otherwise he is great. Really soft looking skin color.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Well XDD...we all know how much the shoop their pictures so no. He is beautiful and everything but nothing like his photos. I cant say if he is better or not. He is surely different.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes, I was pretty happy overall ^^

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

* Would you order from this company again?
      Umm... I wouldnt want to, after the whole credit card thing, but i will have to 'cos my GF is planning on getting Tender Shall.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Already have.

7. What did you order? DOI Cross match body, Make-up, Luke v2 outfit and Free Event Dream Head v2

When did you order? October 14, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct

How was the communication? Emails were quick. I didn't have send them any emails or asked any questions on the Q&A board there simply wasn't a need.

How easy was it to pay? Paid with Pay pal, click and pay ;D

How long did it take to ship? Arrived December 15, 2009, So just shy of Nine weeks. That's a record for a doll arriving for me. XD

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh very much so, the make up was everything I expected and more.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? No actually it didn't, not in person. It looks far better, I love it! :whee:

Were you satisfied with the product? I am very satisfied with everything I ordered.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again? Yep ;D

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I have and it depends on the seller.

8. * What did you order?

DoC Yen, with Outfit and Face-cap, Natural (custom) face up (free due to event)

* When did you order?

10th of October 2009

Directly from DOD

Excellent. They never took more than one day to reply my emails. Sometimes they'd reply in a matter of hours, so we could easily communicate about how I wanted my doll to look

Used Paypal and it was extremely easy. Payment cleared in a matter of hours

They took about 2 months to actually prepare everything - I'm guessing it was because of the Event. He shipped out on the 11th of Dec and I received him on the 14th. In total it was a 9 week wait.

Okay... when he arrived, he was covered in resin dust so as soon as I got the wrapping off I had to sponge him down to remove it... He also has seam lines that will need sanding. I'm guessing Yen's mold is not often used.

Aside from those however, his quality is excellent. He's perfectly strung, really posable. His faceup is amazingly well done.

He looks better in person than any picture on their site. I didn't think I'd fall this hard but he looks amazing

I could have done without the resin dust, but besides that, yes... extremely satisfied

N/A

Definitely. They have awesome customer service, their dolls are beauties. Yes the waiting time is long, but their products are good quality and worth the wait. I already plan to get an E-An from them some time in the future.

It would depend on: 1) Seller's trustworthiness, 2) Quality of the doll, 3) Does the price justify the quality?

Cos if it the price varies little from the company price, I'd might as well pay a little more and get a brand new doll. So yes, quality, price and seller reliability are big key points for me.

9. What did you order? DOC Elf Petsha with cutie faceup :3

When did you order? October 10th, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly :D

How was the communication? Okay.. i did send an email, but they never replied...

How easy was it to pay? Paypal, easy easy XP Well, not that i did it myself..

How long did it take to ship? 10 weeks and 4 days DX

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not yet opened, so not sure XP

Did the item look like the sales pictures? I hope so!

Were you satisfied with the product? The box alone is enough to make me happy XD

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again? Yep ;D

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I have

10. * What did you order?
      DOI A&D no face up, or wig or clothes
      * When did you order?
      10-24-09
      company
      great
      easy, paypal
      they shipeed him on 12/22/09 so almost 9 weeks
      very much so
      yes
      completly!
      n/a
      yes
      probably

11. * What did you order?
      DoD Homme Ducan with a custom face up.
      * When did you order?
      10/08
      Company
      Very good. They answered my questions promptly and clearly, and also understood my requests.
      Fairly simple.
      Six or so weeks, as advertised
      Yes indeed! Resin is good quality. Doll has fallen on his face and barely had a mark on him. Only complaint I would have is a black mark on his elbow that was there when I received him, but honestly it was so small and unnoticeable that I didn't care that much.
      The face and body did! I asked for a different face up, however.
      Very much so.
      N/A
      Definitely
      Depends on who is selling it. I'd prefer to buy the product from the company, though.

12. What did you order? DOI cross-match Sha + goth face-up + other stuff

When did you order? October 14, 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? direct

How was the communication? Very good.

How easy was it to pay? paypal - so very easy

How long did it take to ship? 11 weeks (Christmas holidays included)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Overall... yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, I'm very satisfied

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I asked them for some costum changes regarding his face-up. They replied really fast und took everything into account.

Would you order from this company again? Yes xD.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I already did ;)

13. there's no 2010 thread yet so I guess I'll just post that here...

* What did you order?
      DOT Shall with goth face-up, 2 wigs + 2 dresses

* When did you order?
      Oct 24th

direct from the company

fine^^

paypal payment is very easy

10 weeks, 5 days

absolutely! she's seamless and her face-up is STUNNING! I'm absolutely satisfied!

since the face-up's different... no but mold + default wig look just like on the pictures, maybe even prettier

absolutely :D

n/a

yesss!

I don't like buying second hand that much but depends on the situation

14. * What did you order?
      - DoI body, clothes, shoes, eyelashes.

* When did you order?
      - october 11.

- directly.

- great~ i contacted them a few times and they replied quickly.

- easy. i used paypal.

- around 9 weeks.

- totally~

- yes.

- i was.

- when my order arrived, it was missing one of the pairs of eyelashes i ordered. i contacted them and they apologised and sent the eyelashes quickly and included a free pair too.

- i've ordered from them before and intend to again.

- i have done before and was happy with the second-hand head i bought.

15. * What did you order?
      DoT E-an with default faceup, outfit and free Dream head
      * When did you order?
      2nd Nov 09
      Company
      Excellent. The Q & A Board doesn't work for me so I emailed them directly and I received an answer every time within 1 hour
      Easy through Paypal
      10 weeks 5 days
      Yes! The doll is very high quality and the outfit is too
      Yes
      Very happy, yes
      N/A
      Yes
      Yes, as long as it is in good condition

16. Just have to post here since I got my boy, finally! :)

* What did you order?
      DOC Zen with new boy's body, no face up.

* When did you order?
      November 5th, 2009

The company~

Excellent! They always replied insanely promptly and were very polite about everything~

Easy! The only thing that went "wrong" was my mom and I trying to set up a stupid paypal account *__*; I hate dealing with paypal account-setting-up-wise, but once that's done, paying is no sweat ;D

10 weeks and 6 days, I think? He arrived on January 19th, so, yeah, I'm bad with math :C I was a little worried, as for those ordering from the US, when you check your order on their site, it puts your zip code before your city or something REALLY weird like that. Although I sent them a quick email, they had the correct address, and he arrived safely at my doorstep <3
      Also I ordered during an event, and he was shipped at exactly 10 weeks with 6 days to ship because of the bank holiday here in the US.

I'm not a great judge on that, but I guess from a newbie point of view, I'd say definitely! His resin is soooo smooth, you really have to look close to see any seams, and with or without a face up you can still see the insane amount of personality their sculpts have :)

Better!! Seeing him in real life can't possibly compare to any image :D Also the DoC Zen's sales pics are a -bit- outdated and there are only two or three xD

Overall, YES!! He is strung a little tightly, but for my first BJD, I couldn't be happier <3

n/a

The wait times are a bit long, but if I find another sculpt I adore as much as the Zen, absolutely!

Depends on the condition in the second-hand state; I'm actually semi-sort of-looking for an Elf Petsha head, but again, depends on their condition~