1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll Feedback (2010)

Feb 17, 2010

1. * What did you order?
      DoT Calla, make up, default dress, default shoes, red and blue 16 mm eyes

* When did you order?

17 June 2010

* How was the communication?
      Great. Their replies are friendly and they fully understand my request. They also reply back within 24 hours of business days

* How easy was it to pay?

I paid via Paypal. It was plain easy :)

* How long did it take to ship?
      Around 1 month which was faster than I expected

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, everything is perfect, not to mention that their face up looks even better than I thought it would be

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

Very much. I asked for custom face up and my doll came to be exactly what I wanted her to look like.
      I asked them to paint her nails black, pierce her ears, and I asked for Goth vampire-like face up with default lips where
      they drew fangs free of charge :D

* Would you order from this company again?
      Sure, as a matter of face I'm saving up for 2 more dolls from DoD. I'd buy them now if I had enough money.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I'll have to see the condition of the products first although I want Tender Sha (sold out mold) more than any other molds right now.

2. * What did you order?
      DOT Sha for me and DOT Tender Shall for a friend, both with default face up (but with darker eye brows as I requested).
      I also bought an outfit and a wig for my Sha, my friend bought a maid dress for his Tender Shall.

* When did you order?
      16th April 2010

Really great! They were so friendly and replied very fast.

Very easy! I paid with PayPal and DOD confirmed the payment after a day.

The dolls were prepared to be shipped after only 3 weeks (counting from the day I paid, I paid 5 days after ordering), they were shipped after 4 weeks. So fast! :)

My Sha's face up isn't 100% perfect since the colors of his cheeks are a bit different. A bit of the face up on his left cheek was also wiped away, I guess it happened before the face up artist sealed it. But well, it's not that very tragic as it's not visible on photos so I still give a "Yes" as the answer to this question :) My friend's Tender Shall's face up is perfect tho xD For me, DOD's face ups are the best of all.
      The dolls themselves are in good condition, no damages. The dresses and my Sha's wig are well made as well.

They look even better :)

Yes. Like I said it before, I'm not 100% happy with my Sha's face up but it's still okay. Sha is my dream doll and I'm so happy to get him after one and a half year :)

Of course! I have so many DOD dolls on my wishlist xD

I have bought second hand dolls from DOD and would do it again if the doll's in good condition and is located in Europe (because of the customs fees :( They're really high in Germany!). If the doll's not located in Germany, I would buy it brandnew from DOD itself which I prefere to do.

3. * What did you order?
      DoI Luke V1 Blank

* When did you order?
      24 June 2010

Was very easy, and very friendly :)
      They always try to reply your mail as soon as possible at the work days.

Very easy.
      I use the bank transfer, after I pay, and send a scan of the receipt to DoD. Next day DoD had given me a reply that they had accept the payment.

2 days 1 night from DoD to my country.
      BUT the package got stuck in custom for 8 days 8 nights, and 1 night at the post office.

Yes, indeed!

Hum... I think my Luke got a big nose than the picture. Maybe it's because I buy a blank doll.
      But I actually don't care because that means I can try to conceal it with faceup like using a makeup.

YES ! 100% even more :D

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -

IF I have something I want, YES.

I would if it's still in good condition (around 80-98%)

4. * What did you order? DOT DOD Black Code no.2 Blank
      * When did you order? June 21st 2010
      * How was the communication? Sent notification emails when I made the order, when the payment was confirmed and when he was shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes, Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Payment was confirmed the June 22nd, he was shipped August 11th. Which was abit over the estimated time, but only by a week.
      The shipping time was amazing though. In less than three days he traveled from Korea to PA, which is pretty empressive.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, he poses great, his stringing is excellent and the color of his tan is perfect, very brown opposed to orangey.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Well, he doesn't have a faceup, so he face looks a tid bit diffrent, but that's just a lack of a faceup.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very. I can't wait to send him off to get his faceup. He even came with an event wig. I wasn't even aware that the company was having an event, but the wig is lovely.
      * Would you order from this company again? Certainly.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probaley.

5. What did you order?
      DoT Black Code no. 02 (blank) and default wig

When did you order?
      Sent in the order June 21, payment confirmed June 24

How was the communication?
      Communication was by email and I was pleased.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with Paypal and confirmed quickly.

How long did it take to ship?
      He was shipped August 12, and arrived at my home on the 14th, so a little over seven weeks. The company had their summer vacation during this time which accounts for the extra time I had to wait.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The price was much lower than I expected for a tan DoT doll, but I am satisfied with the product overall. There's some issues like light spots in the usual places and some strange texture on his arms (indicating they might have been sanded) but I can live with them. The wig is very nice; a little too small but very soft and silky and a beautiful color.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am very happy with my new little man!

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Their clothes, wigs and shoes are fine, so yes as long as they were taken care of by the previous owner. Dolls I would not but only because I don't want anymore dolls at this point!

6. * What did you order?
      DoT Calla with faceup, her heel feet, and an outfit.
      * When did you order?
      7-8-10
      Fine, they sent payment confirmation and shipping e-mails.
      Very easy, used PayPal.
      About 5 weeks, which is *way shorter* than other wait times I've heard of.
      For the clothing, yes. The outfit is very beautiful, and very well made.
      For the doll, no. This was my first doll from them, so I don't know if my experience was "normal"-?
      She came lightly covered in resin dust, not good for someone like me with allergies/asthma. So I went to clean her up. When I moved her arm, she made this horrid squeaking noise. I realized her arms were strung so tightly, they were scratching her shoulders. As I wiped her off more, I started noticing more unfinished, rough spots between the joints and inside the body parts.
      I decided to take her apart completely and have my husband resand the parts that needed it. (He used to do model kits, so he does all my repair work for me.) He spent all afternoon working on it-
      Even Unoa kits and handmade artist dolls I've seen don't come as rough as this. :|
      I washed her off, let her dry overnight, and restrung her the next day. I also put some Kips discs in certain spots. Now she's finally good to go!
      On the positive side, her sculpt and resin color is beautiful. A lot more pink than I was expecting, but I like it. The outside seams were finished really well.
      Not quite. The faceup was painted lighter than shown, but I had read that is normal for them, and it didn't bother me. They also gave her shorter eyelashes than most others I've seen, but I liked them.
      Overall, yes. But I wouldn't recommend this doll for anyone who doesn't want to do maintenance, or expects to just take her out of the box and play.
      I didn't want to say anything to the company, because I wasn't sure my experience was out of the norm and was afraid of offending them. And because I had someone to do the repairs for me, I didn't see what else they could/would do about it.
      Knowing what I do now, maybe. If it was a sculpt I really wanted, and my husband was willing to do all that work for me again.
      It would depend on the doll, and from which seller.
      -Melissa

7. * What did you order? DOI Black Code 2, DOT U-i both with Face ups and Default clothing and Event wig. (Extra elastic and hooks for a friend)

* When did you order? June 17, 2010

* How was the communication? Perfect, I asked them about a Custom face up for U-i they got back to me right away and explained how I could get it. Also standard emails for ordering and shipping notice.

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy Paypal

* How long did it take to ship? August 16, 2010

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes! I was surprised how much I liked the Black Code 2's wig. ;D

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      Notes:
      I was impressed with the design of U-i's outfit, they decided to go with a snap system for her shorts and belt where it snaps in the back. All of her pouches snap on. The DOI outfit for Black Code 2 is tight on him and ornaments on his shoulders were falling off, I fixed them no big deal.

The face ups were exactly what I wanted if not better. I'm really pleased with how both of them turned out.

Marbling on Black Code 2: Minimal (Back of heel, top of head near head cap line and on the Gun hands). I'm more worried about the sharp seam line on the back of his arm. But over all he's perfect.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A (outfit malfunctions are pretty standard with DOD.)

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, I have plans to.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Depends on the seller and I have.

8. * What did you order? DOC Leya

* When did you order? Mid-June, 2010.

* How was the communication? Pretty good - no issues.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy - paypal.

* How long did it take to ship? About a month

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? We like to thinks so (boyfriend and I). It was one of the cheaper sculpts we had found in that size, and she was also absolutely adorable - not to mention free wig and eyes. We were pleased~

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Well nude, makeup-less dolls look very, very different than their display pictures, but in essence she was still gorgeous.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely. We love her.

* Would you order from this company again? For sure. I wish they'd restock their accessories more often, though. And make high-heeled feet, haha.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably, as long as they were well taken care of and appropriately priced for a used doll.

<3

9. * What did you order?
      DOC Homme Kirill (Goth Face Up), his default outfit and wig, Shoes, and eyes

* When did you order?
      July 19th 2010

Did not really need to communicate with them. They sent messages/updates upon payment received and order shipped ^_^

Considering I had not used paypal before (he was my first bjd) I was a little confused at first, but that was just my inexperience, NOT dream of doll!

Arrived August 26th about 5 weeks!

Absolutely

Even better! I wasn't sure what to expect with getting the Goth Face up. I really took a chance considering they don't have photos of it on their site but it is absolutely perfect for what I was looking for!

100 time YES ^_^ I love my doll more and more each day!

N/A

Of course! I have one of their DOI's on my wish list!

It would depend on quality

10. * What did you order?
      DOC Si and 2 wigs.
      * When did you order?
      August 29th 2010.
      very quick and easy to understand.
      I used paypal so it was easy.
      Shipped October 28th and arrived November 1st.
      definitely!
      Yes, actually it looked even better!
      Yup.
      N/A
      I'm already planing on it.
      Only if it was a limited doll that I really wanted other then that I feel safer buying from the actually company.

11. ---n/a--
      whoops xD

12. * What did you order?
      DOT Code 02 , Homme Ducan and DOI Luke v2
      * When did you order?
      12th August for Code and 16th for Ducan and Luke
      It takes a day for them to reply ^_^ but my request and questions were all answered! Excellent I would say
      Fast and easy,via paypal
      More than 60 days....-_-; I ordered at the wrong time I guess,bumped with holidays lol
      Yes,definitely
      Yes
      Very satisfied
      I emailed them and they replied all :) Upon my request
      Yes.If I have the money ^_^
      I have a Black Elf Sha and Code 11 which were bought second handed since I missed the order period

13. What did you order?
      DoC Leya x 2

When did you order?
      Sent in the order/payment Oct 6, payment confirmed Oct 8.

Communication was by email and I was pleased.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with Paypal and confirmed quickly.

I ordered during their anniversary event. The twins took eight weeks and a day to arrive at my home.

I love them both. The resin is very pink but I'm sure it will mellow out over time. Seams are very light and the bodies are strung tightly like I prefer. Twin A's head is a slightly different shade than the rest of her body but I'm really being nitpicky.

Yes.

Very satisfied. DoD honored my request to ship them both blank, even though the event would entitle me to a free faceup. The event head is okay... meh, it was free.

Yes.

Their clothes, wigs and shoes are fine, so yes as long as they were taken care of by the previous owner. Dolls I would not but only because I don't want anymore dolls at this point! (For real this time!)

14. * What did you order?
      DoC Elf Ivan ver.2 with custom faceup

* When did you order?
      October 7 2010.

DoD's communication is always great. they reply to my emails always on their next working day and try to fix my problems.

easy with paypal.

69 days (counting weekends and holidays).

yes.

apart from the different faceup i ordered.

yes.

i had a previous order that had never arrived from september (shipped by airmail so there was no tracking) and they included the items from this order again with my doll order.

again and again.

i did before and would again.

15. * What did you order?
      DOT E-an (girl's new body + faceup.)

* When did you order?
      October 13, 2010.

People tend to say they won't understand you unless really simple English is used, but they always understood my questions and answered within 24h. They got my custom faceup details perfectly and included free manicure even though I ordered this 2 or 3 weeks after my payment.

I used PayPal, so it was extremely easy and free of trouble.

They shipped on December 16. I was kinda nervous, but it's understandable because they had a delay due to October event and they kept me more or less informed.

I think BJDs in general are kinda pricey, but can't deny the doll is of really good quality and has a very detailed faceup. I thought she would be sanded, though.

Not at all... She's SO MUCH prettier!

As I said before, I think BJDs are too expensive, but things are worth what you want to pay for them. Yes, I am satisfied. She poses very nicely without any need of restringing.

---

I plan on ordering Shall or Petsha in the future.

It depends on many factors... But if the seller kept the items in good condition, yes, I would.

16. * What did you order?
      DoT Code No.2 in WS, and two outfits.

* When did you order?
      Just before October started

Surprisingly sparse, unlike our previous experience with them.

Very easy.

6 weeks.

For the doll, yes. For the D-181(D.O.I) outfit, no.

Yes.

The first outfit and the CodeNo.2 yes. However I was not satisfied with the D-181(D.O.I) outfit - the pants belt broke as soon as I tried to put them on and fasten them, with no effort.

As of current, they have not resolved this issue.
      UPDATE! They have finally responded to our issue, however, the only option they are offering is for me to send them $30 to 'ship' a new pair of pants. As this is more than the shipping cost of an entire outfit, I feel this is downright insulting.

At this point I would be wary of doing so.
      Updated No, I will not be ordering from them again, if their solution is to ignore me then try to charge me for a replacement of something that was defective. I shudder to think what would have happened had this been a broken doll.

Yes.

17. What did you order?
      Tender Too & Tender Bee-A, on an Old Boy Body and New Girl Body

When did you order?
      November 15th.

Decent enough. I didn't get an update when it moved from 'processing' to 'preparing for shipping', but I did get a notice when it shipped from the company.

How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy. Paypal~

Just under a week, due to the weekend.

Yes and no. I love the sculpt, but I'm a little disappointed in how they arrived. They feel kind of dusty, and have lingering chips where parts were sculpted (joints, eyes, girl's ankles). Also, my girl's left knee pieces are slightly crooked and off centre. It doesn't affect her standing or posing, its just an aesthetic difference.

For the most part, since they didn't have faceups.

For the most part. Like I said, kinda disappointed in the slightly unfinished quality considering how much they were.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I'm not going to contact the company, since its not that big of an imperfection. It just means I'll have to put a little extra work into them.

Possibly.

If the item was in good condition.

18. * What did you order?
      DOI A&D ver 2 with default face-up, full clothes, shoes, and a custom wig

* When did you order?

November 30

They're so friendly. Since this is my very first doll I might have some silly questions ^^ ' and they are patiently answered them all nicely.

By Paypal, very easy

It was 50 days from the day I made payment. And only one day for shipping from Korea to my country, amazing.

Yes, almost. The shoes are quite tight, but I can handle it so it's not a problem.

No, it's way more beautiful than the official pictures X'D

Totally

N/A

Absolutely yes, I'm planing to order their DOT Sha ^ ^

Hmm, I'm not sure, if the item is in good condition. But not for the doll.

19. * What did you order? D.O.I. Luke w/ default faceup, a pair of heeled feet, a wig, and it came with the event head for December'10/January'11
      * When did you order? Uh. My friend ordered for me and It was sometime around January 20th 2011
      * How was the communication? :3 Didn't have to..?
      * How easy was it to pay? I don't know.
      * How long did it take to ship? He arrived on March 2nd. So two-ish months.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Quiite.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? :/ There's a slight difference in resin... but ... I'll just set him in the sun honestly. They did change their resin. The other stuff was fine though. :3 My friend quite enjoyed the event head and feet she got.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? :3 Yes. They pierced his ears for me.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A.
      * Would you order from this company again? ^^; No. But it's because I don't want any other dolls from Dream.
      :o Yes. I think I would... if I wanted another doll from dream.

20. * What did you order?
      Homme Ducan with Goth faceup and pierce ear, extra hands, and a pair of gloves.
      Second order was two sets of clothing during the sale event.

* When did you order?
      Jan 21, 2011
      Feb 18, 2011

Very good. They were always polite, and they even let me know about the delay of my order without me asking~

Easy, through paypal.

My doll shipped out on the 28th of April, so a little over 100 days of waiting. The winter event had them pretty back-logged. My doll arrived on my doorstep on the 2nd of May.
      The clothing order shipped on the 25th of February, and made it to me on the 1st of March.

YES! My doll is beyond gorgeous! :fangirl: I'm extremely impressed with his faceup, he's very well finished with no obvious flaws, and was more than what I was expecting. I'm glad they didn't try to rush getting him done~
      The clothing is really good quality, and fits like a dream~ However, I wouldn't have bought it fully priced since I'm so cheap XD

No, because I didn't order his default faceup. What I did get was far more beautiful than any of the sales pictures <3

Yes, very much so! :fangirl:

N/A

Yes. I may eventually get a body for the event head I got with my order~

Yes, and I already have. A wig I wanted from them was no longer available, so I had to go to the marketplace for it~