1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll feedback!

Sep 16, 2007

1. What did you order?
      Dream of Idol Luke Version 1 with a light brown face up and default clothes/wig.

When did you order?
      24th July

How was the communication?
      Great as always. I only had to email them once to ask them if they received my payment, and they replied within 24 hours.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, I used Paypal again :sweat

How long did it take to ship?
      Exactly 5 weeks as stated on the DoI Luke webpage. I was shocked at how quickly they shipped my doll out

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. The resin is smooth and my doll's face up was gorgeous and the clothes are really well made. The doll has some seam lines, I'm not bothered about them. I certainly don't expect DoD to sand the seams for me or anything like that.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, he did ^^

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Extremely satisfied. I was worried DoD had rushed my order after it was shipped on the 5 week mark (my last order took 8 weeks!), and I can see where they did kind of rush his face up a little... or to be precise, his right eyelash is a bit squint and needs trimming. That's about the only flaw I can find with my doll though, so I am very satisfied with him and would consider buying from DoD again :aheartbea

2. Could someone just confirm something about Dod for me? I live in the UK and was wondering about their Paypal arrangements!
      Because all people are telling me different things and it makes my head hurt! D=
      If you could help that would be fab!

.:Problem Solved!:.

3. What did you order?
      Dream of Teen: Homme Ducan with default faceup, 1 x outfits and 2 wigs and 1 x boots

When did you order?
      19th July 2008

Really good, no problems at all, and queries and worries i had were answered quickly and efficiently.

How easy was it to pay?
      very easy - just choose the method and off you go. I paid on my credit card as i was worried about using paypal as i have never spent that much money via paypal before, but ill use paypal next time.

5 weeks and i really did think it was going to take a lot longer

Yes! very much so! I am so happy with him. The faceup is beautiful and the resin quality is so lovely. Hes very smooth to the touch :)

Absolutly! in fact he looks better in real life

Very satisfied, i couldnt be happier with my new boy:D

4. What did you order?
      Dream of Teen Sha with default make-up, Outfit D-167 for DoT and Wig WT-09

When did you order?
      31st July 2008

Really good. I would e-mail them when I have questions and they would reply in one day or sooner. I remembered I needed invoice to pick my boy up, and they replied in a few hours. Very efficient if you ask me.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very, very easy. I paid by credit card, and I had sent my credit card information. They were very nice to allow me to take pictures using my webcam as proof of the credit card holder.

4 weeks and 3 days. Faster than the time they set. But I have my boy just today, not because of the shipping. It's because of the evil customs over here in Malaysia.

I am very, very happy with my boy. The default make-up is just so amazing. As for the wig I had ordered, I'm not so pleased with it, because there was a small portion of the wig cap being exposed, and it is rather visible from near. As for the outfit, the quality of the cloth is just amazing. Though I find the coat was a rather tight fitting.. The sleeves for the coat was tight too.

I think that my boy looks so much better than in the sales picture. As for the wig, I expected more to be almost alike to the pictures. For the outfit, yes it looks so alike like the sales picture. Just the said problem above I mentioned.

I am so satisfied with my boy. He is just so beautiful. I would definitely order another doll from them. I'm already eyeing DoI Luke as we speak. <.<

5. Hey guys, I have a question... (sorry if it was asked before, I'm new and I couldn't find it in the 10000+ posts ^_^; ..)

I'm thinking of ordering a Homme Kirill, but I'm kind of afraid of ordering the default face-up... I thinks it's beautiful in the pictures on their website, but whole browsing the web I also found at least one Kirill where it looked totally different (more dark and punk)...while she had still ordered the default face-up.. :S

I'm an artist myself, so maybe I'm just picky but... it's a lot of money!

so, my question... would you say that it is almost 100% reliable when you order the default face-up?

6. It will never be 100% reliable since no two face ups will be exactly the same. However, the DoD face up artist will try to do their best to replica the default face up for you and you can make a request for a 'lighter' look, if you're afraid the doll's face up will look too dark.

I'm speaking from a logical view point, not from personal experience though. Both of my boys, I ordered with a light brown face up and I absolutely love how they turned out :D DoD face ups are usually very good, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go for the default one.

7. Thanks for replying!
      I did a mock-order yesterday also to see how much the shipping costs will be... I saw a 'request' part in there also! Thanks for the advice, I think I will go request the 'lighter' look then, just to be sure! :sweat

8. What did you order?
      DoC Tender Zen - Blank

When did you order?
      August 24th

Wonderful and quick!

How easy was it to pay?
      Used Paypal, but they gave me the wrong email on the order form so I had to resubmit...

Four weeks! I was shocked after they had told me he would take about eight.

I love their bodies, but the head isn't growing on me as much as I thought it would.

His eyes looked wider in the picture. He was awful squinty when I got him so I had to widen the eyes.

Overall, I'm more satisfied with the customer service than the product, but I do so love my Joshua because he's perfect. I just don't think I would order another DoC head in the future. Body, yes; head, no. :3

9. What did you order?
      DOT H. Ducan, with face-up, clothes, shoes and spare clothes

When did you order?
      September 3rd

Excellent, always very polite and quick to answer.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, used Credit Card

6 weeks, then another 5 (in weekend) days to arrive

Being my first doll, and the only other one i've touched was also a dod, i'd say yes, but the price could fare better compared to the korean prices, but to me, wuality was excellent

His lips were a little bigger and face more rounded in the sales pics, and not so much on mine, but i love the less rounded face a LOT more, makes him look older ;)

Very much so, they did an excellent job on the face-up

Other
      I emailed them at 3 1/2 weeks to see if i could change the outfit, they were very helpful and did send out the right outfit

When it came time to ship, they said they didn't have the shoes i ordered in stock, they offered me a refund either in cash or store cred, or the option to wait. I said i would wait but told them if possible they could send the shoes with my next order, i think they were relieved they didn't have to pay for extra shipping on their part!:roll:

10. What did you order? - DOB Libra + an extra DOB body

When did you order? - 17/10/2008 - very early morning around 1am. xD

How was the communication? - DOD had improve their communication skills and they also replied all the messages in their Q&A there. I find really nice about this.

How easy was it to pay? - This time I used Paypal and they confirm my payment in the next day. Super fast. xD

How long did it take to ship? - At the moment I am still waiting for them to arrive but I am sure they will arrive within 4 weeks and now I already pass 2 so left 2 more weeks only. Am so excited about it. <3

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Yes... No matter what I love DOD dolls a lot. Moreover now their decrease the price I feel more happy for it too... =D

Did the item look like the sales pictures? - As usual, they look more gorgeous then the pictures. Hahaha...

Were you satisfied with the product? - So YEAH!!!!

11. What did you order?
      DOT E-an with default face-up and outfit
      DOT Camine with default face-up

When did you order?
      E-an - November 28, 2007
      Camine - April 20, 2008

In both cases - very good! All questions answered!

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy - and the quickest - credit card payment.

5 weeks and 1 day - I got the shipping notice day after my birthday :D And it's amazing, 'cuz there were Christmas and New Year between ordering and shipping *.*

Yes, it was.

Yes!

Absolutely *__* E-an is so perfect <3

12. What did you order?
      limited grey kalix with outfit, no shoes.

When did you order?
      sept. 15th/16th

i got my payment received e-mail right away. i didn't really need to talk to them about anything.

How easy was it to pay?
      paypal is the bomb!

even though they said 5 weeks, it took them 7 for me. i wasn't expecting them to be on time, so it wasn't a problem. they are trying to ship out by when people ordered, and i think i got mine a little early.

yes. absolutely!

very much! i'm floored with how beautiful he is!

yes! very much!!

13. What did you order?: DoC Too and Bee-A

When did you order?: end of august sometime……2008.

How was the communication?:
      it was very good, except for the week that their email answering person was out sick…..they should really have more than one person doing that……I found that odd O_o

How easy was it to pay?: well I did want to wait any longer for my funds to reach paypal, so I paid by credit card. It was easy and they confirmed my order in a matter of hours.

How long did it take to ship?: 5/6 weeks, they arrived on October 6th 2008.

Was the quality appropriate for th6e price, in your opinion? : very. I’m not sure about the DoTs but the DoCs are very well made (at least I think) they survived being squashed in my back pack (with my wii and laptop and cloths and books and other assorted things XD), and they survive my tiny, awkward dorm room on a daily basis ^_^

Did the item look like the sales pictures?: yes, very much so.
      Were you satisfied with the product?: very satisfied. They’re both beautiful. Heavy (which I’m guessing a good sign xp), no cracks (when they got here or to date), no seams, nothing. The only thing is that the eye wells are funny and they need to be deepened. Though I’ve heard this a lot so I was expecting it ^_^ I would most definitely order from them again….i’m still debating about DoTs though (even though therea re 2 on my wish list) with the stuff I’ve read and heard about chipping and such…..i’ll just have to do more research.

14. I need to leave feedback for a company that has been so good to me.

My first transaction was a little rough. I sent my i.d. and credit card picture to them and a two weeks later they e-mailed me asking me to it to them. So I sent it again. Again they say I need to send them the pictures. One last time I send it, and they finally see it.
      I don't know why they didn't see it the first two times.
      DoD was very apologetic, and even sent my doll to me 2 weeks early! They were packaged very vell. However, I did not like the $400 markdown on the value.

Well I have my doll, and I love him to death. One day when I was posing him I noticed 7 tiny cracks on the edge of his upper arm! I sent DoD pictures and they had a new piece to me in under a week.

I have two friends who's parents did not like the idea of their teen-aged kids sending their credit card and i.d. to Korea, so I ordered the dolls for them.
      These transactions went flawlessly.
      The wait time for the first doll was 2 weeks or so longer than average, but the order was placed around Christmas, so it is understandable.

DoD has always answered my e-mails quickly and kindly. Their dolls are nearly flawless. The clothes and wig that came with my friends Kiril are played with every day and still look like new. The stringing can be a little tight, but the dolls pose amazingly.

I have ordered 4 beautiful children from DoD, and am not only highly satisfied with their dolls quality, but customer service.
      I would not hesitate to recommend any one to them.

15. I bought my DoT shall from them, and I highly recommend them. (I have never bought anything else, so my opinion and experience may not count -.-') Even though there was a delay from my part with the information necessary for international orders, they were nothing but patient. Their answers were fast and polite, which helped dissipate my nervousness.
      I was terrified, since it was my first order ever, but everything was fine. I don't mind the wait, it took about 2 months. I was expecting a longer wait, actually.
      The doll arived safe, and in perfect shape. I'm so glad I chose them for my first order.

16. What did you order?
      2 wigs and an eyelash.

When did you order?
      Around the end of Nov 2008.

I forgot to send my ID and CC photos to them but they kindly emailed me and asked about it.. Kinda good I guess, but need to speak with easy English.. hehe

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with debit card.

Paid on 5th Dec, shipped on 9th Dec, and arrived on 12th Dec.

Yes! XD

Yup, and better! The long and blonde wig is soooooo soft~~~ but the other short black wig is kinda rough tho. hehe

Yup, considered that this is my first wigs I bought. ^^;

17. I'd like to order from DOD sometime next year, gotta pay off the ones I ordered now first, but I'm concerned about the whole "send us scans of your cc front and back" thing. Um excuse me, that's identity theft in the making, so I don't freakin think so!

What I'm wondering is do they have a dealer in the US, that will accept my cc the normal way ie through a secure checkout or am I out of luck?

18. Toshirodragon, if you're not comfortable paying by credit card that way, you can pay them via paypal with your credit card if you have a paypal account. That's how I've always paid and they've never had to ask for my info/pictures/scans. ^__^ They only ask for that info if you pay by credit card without using paypal.

19. I had done the credit card payment and sent the needed information to them. DoD is a very reliable and trustworthy company, so you have nothing to worry about. They have that option because they had been scammed a few times by credit card scammers. You can't blame them for taking this drastic measure, do you? You can just cut off the important digits and all. Only after the transaction is completed, they will delete the scanned information and all.

But like the previous person had said, why not just use Paypal? There's always the option of wire-transfer too.