1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll feedback!

Sep 16, 2007

1. I've had lots of dealings with DoD. No problems to date. They have massive issues with a number of email hosts (Hotmail, AOL, Mac etc) which gives rise to even more complains about customer service. I'd suggest using Gmail as there doesn't seem to be any problems there.

The dolls themselves are packaged very well and I personally love the resin colour and quality of the craftsmanship. The wait can be typically longer than some companies but now a days it looks like many are shipping at that 4-5 week mark like DoD. I can safely say that DoD has not been the longest wait time for doll (even with the extra 2 weeks Canada customs held my first one). My volks was a full 13 weeks and now my Unoa will be about 4-5 months as well.

The store credit is credit you get once your make your purchase AND DoD has shipped your order. That credit can go towards future purchases (helps offset the shipping eventually XD) For instance I have $42 in credit. If I bought another DoC say the shipping is about $50 and that credit knocks out most of that when applied during checkout. It takes a while to build up though.

Currently own 3 DoTs and 2 DoCs and very happy with them all.

2. An off-DoA-DB is kept here to help database the different face-up theme choices Dream of Doll offers. It isn't complete, though has examples of both DoCs and DoTs, and gives a great general idea.

As an aside, I'm hoping to be able to order my DoT Shall this week -- she'll be my first doll! :aheartbea

3. I have had several orders from DOD and never had any problems. I ordered some out of stock clothing from them and got it in three weeks. My DOT Ducan took five weeks to arrive, which is a pretty average wait time for any doll I think. He was very well wrapped, in perfect condition and he's absolutely gorgeous! His resin is a light pink and the face up is amazing. I couldn't be happier with him. Their stuff is so worth it. :) About the payment, I used Paypal before they stopped accepting it, so I don't know about CC, but everything went through just fine. There are some bad stories about DOD, but I've never had an issue, and they are very friendly! :D

4. Thank you everyone! I am definitely thinking of buying some of their stuff. It looks so pretty!

Does anyone know an estimate of shipping price to the US? o.O I hope it's not too much... and do we have to pay tax?

5. I just did a mock order for an E-an and shipping was $86.14. (ouch!)
      I have ordered tons of stuff from overseas and never had to pay a customs tax or anything else like it.

6. Shipping the DOC's is around $64 I think, but I've never had to pay for taxes or customs (I'm almost positive we don't have to pay either of those in the states).

I'm sure someone else has already answered this (I didn't read the whole thread, sorry...^^; ) but the DOC's (msd sized dolls) come with carry bags. the DOT's (sd sized dolls) do not. And even if you only buy a DOC body you get a carry bag anyway! :D

I've bought 3 dolls from DOD and I love them all dearly, they're a terrific company, in my opinion. ^_^

7. also the customer service of DoD is excellent!!
      In a group order I ordered some Dot wigs, however they were made more on a Doc size. Within 36 hours they replied to me.

Dream of doll apolagised for it in a very polite way and told me to keep the wigs. They remade them in the Dot size and a week later shipped two new wigs to me.

8. Can anyone give me any more info about the bank transfur? I tried to send one but my bank could not. They said they needed the phone # and the bank address and the swift #. Any Help?

9. I used bank transfer when I bought my boy... You should order first then after that you'll receive a order form to your email. It's written there their Bank address and swift code. It's better to print that out and gave it to your bank...

10. Thanks BlueSand

I placed an order but never got an email from them. And I ordered on Sep the 2nd. I've sent them an email asking how to pay but have gotten no responce.

11. i bought the new DoC boy body 2 and i'm satisfied with the shipping time... i've set about 4 weeks minimum for shipping; ordered on 10th Aug, shipped on 11th Sept and received a few days later...

the body came wrapped in a bubble-wrap, then two pillows (tied like a candy... XD), more bubble-wraps and finally the carry-bag... i love the bag so much!!! DoD has replied to my emails usually within 2 days and because of language boundaries, sometimes their replies does not really "fit" the questions i have for them... overall i'm still happy with their customer service... emailed them to let them know i'm paying through PayPal and asked that they reply when confirmed... once paid i let them know again and they reconfirm...

an email was sent to me when the body is shipped... love the resin... smooth and a very nice shade of pinky white... the seams are not noticeable but you can sand it if you want...

12. here's their information for Wire transfer

Payment information -Name of Bank : SHINHAN BANK
      -Account Number: : 961-71-002738
      -Beneficiary: : KIM EUN HEE
      -Address of Bank : MOK-DONG 11TH BRANCH,SEOUL
      -Shift Code : shbkkres
      -Bank Tel. : 81-2-2648-792

13. Thanks again BlueSand.
      That is different from what I found on their web sight. I'm glad my bank would not send it now. This is what is on their web sight:
      CHB[cho Hung Bank] [Account Number : 96103004553&*Mok-Dong 11th
      Branch,158-771&*CHOHKRSE&*&*] Beneficiary(Payable to) : dreamofdoll

14. Ooh! That reminds me! Do they presand the parting lines and molding lines for you or do you have to do that yourself?

15. That much for shipping to the US? :o That's horrible... *_* But we don't have to pay customs or taxes... that's good at least... xD

The shipping cost is really making me hesitate on buying their dolls...

Is it the same for other doll companies as well?

16. the shipping cost is high at most companies unfortunately. You can cut costs and offer to do a group order though :P It's slightly less to Canada however you run the risk of canadian customs XD I think it's a fair trade off

17. Shipping is high across the board, from any of the doll companies. My Shiwoo-SS was almost $80 for shipping. Part of it is the size of the package; these things are big, and they're heavy. Part of it is that they ship EMS. It's spendy, but it lands your doll on your doorstep fast and it's insured and trackable. Much safer than tossing it on a plane and crossing your fingers.

My DoC was about $65 shipping, if I recall correctly.

18. Uhm... I think it works against you that you're in the States ^^; You're far from Korea so mileage covered is more. ^^; Shipping for a DoC to Manila is 30USD, but that's because we're closer on the map overall. ^^;

19. The shipping is actually economical, compared to UPS World Express, FedEx or DHL. Shipping international is very expensive to start with when shipping by air. EMS has made shipping with USPS much cheaper and better I think.

I have no complaint. I bought a CD from Taiwan and the starting shipping fee is $25.00. I just recently bought three back issues of Dolly Dolly, shipping cost was about $50.00 for 3 magazines.

20. the one I posted is what I used to transfer my payment and they receive it after 3-4 days... If doing a bank transfer tell the bank teller to put this "payment for order #_________" as NOTE in your bank transfer...

that will ensure that DOD will be informed that that money is the payment for your order.