1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll feedback!

Sep 16, 2007

1. I have two boys, one DoT and one DoC.
      Really love DOD's pinkish resin color, which will fade to a nice slightly peachy/very light pink (?) pale tone with time.
      The doll's posability are fine, but compared to Luts dolls (I also own a CP Kid Delf Bory) DOD doll's poses aren't so fluid, and are somewhat limited I think.
      The bodies aren't sanded. The dolls arrive packed to high hevens with bubble wrap and 2 cushions, in a nicely designed sturdy box.

As for their customer service, it defenately have much room to improve imho. DOD is a bit inconsistant with communication via e-mail, can be super quick replying once every other day, or going on to 3 weeks w/out a word. :sweat

On a side note, if you are interested in some of the limited dolls -such as full set Elf Ira, full set Petsha, or full set Elf Yen- which are sold out on their official site, they *might* still be available on Y!Japan (last I checked) through Dream of Doll's official Japanese licensed seller, and he does ship international. The other regular dolls: Ducan, Shall, I-an are also available.
      The wait will be much shorter too, as the dolls are ready to ship on hand.
      If you're interested, I can send you the link. ^^

Hope this helps!

2. I'd love to get that link! I purchased from Higashi once, but it was personally at his shop in Hiroshima and he's the loveliest person I've ever met, even if he can't speak English. If I could, I'd prefer to buy all my DoD items from him better than from the company, just to help him with his bussiness!!!

3. Ooo they have some of the limited? I'd like the link as well...I'm planning on heading out to Japan in a few months >:3

As for the posability DoC vs MNF the new DoC bodies have a lot more range of motion than the MNFs, but I personally like the overall look of the body on the MNF (but then the DoC is still cute XD) two very different bodies though so it's difficult to compare...

4. Here you go!
      http://openuser.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/godon40
      And it looks like he even have the new outfit and some sold out ones too. =D

The DoC new double joint body vs the Kid Delf double joint body- I think I prefer the KD one. It's much more natural in pose? Can do slouches and "S" curve easily. Though the joint in the upper arms of the KD are a bit awkward looking... also what I really like are the sculp of their legs, the knees and muscle are amazing- so is the flat back of the leg, unlike DoC's rounded back of the legs, which makes their legs stick out at an angle when sitting down. XD

ETA: Woah hold on a sec. Last I checked remember he did ship international?? Sorry for the misinformation! Perhaps try contacting him, I'm sure something can be worked out.

5. Also it's actually way cheaper to use DoD directly..
      His price are more expensive than their own site.. He has Pitts there for 600 (instead of 535) and Wigs are 5 dollars more.

And if you look at E-an she is 705 dollars from DoD, yet her price is here around 800.

And the limiteds are around the range of 1200 dollar which is quite the price increase. Plus if he doesn't ship ship internationally anymore, please be aware you gonna need a shopping service and it will hard your wallet very hard.

6. I've just got my first doll from DoD and i'm very happy with him - he poses like a DREAM (I have a fantastic shot of him playing with the dance mat at Telford Expo - standing on one leg!) and his 'skin' feels lovely.

He came with his default eyes held in with putty - they're plastic but looked very nice (although i've changed them for a pair of glass ones I bought for Paige since they suit him slightly better) and a SUPER gorgeous default wig (which i love love love).

He did come in a wicked DoD carrying bag which i've found to be uber useful already (in the 2 weeks i've had him) and have carried him around everywhere ^_^ It also has some random pockets n stuff on it which i use to keep clothes and accessories in which i think is great ^_^

They also sent me a pair of spare hands and some velcro to hold the wig in place (although it fits perfectly so i haven't needed any as yet!) and... i think that's it! But I can't remember :sweat Oh and the pretty purtle cushions tied together with ribbon which i keep in the bag to cushion him from knocks while he's being carried ^_^

I paid with my debit card and faxed my details to them - to date i've had no problems with that method other than workingout how to use the fax machine!! :lol:
      Personally, I don't know if they still have Paypal so myself i'd not use that method unless you have NO protection on your card (like me :sweat) since it's not worth losing all that money if you've sent it to the wrong paypal account...

Which dolls are you getting? Good luck with your purchases, i look forward to seeing pics of them!! And feel free to message me if you have any more questions that i can help with (not likely :sweat) since i'm more than happy to oblige <3 ^_^

Oh yeah, and i sent them lots of e-mails about my orders (Si w/ faceup) and they replied pretty quickly and nicely and were surprisingly good at deciphering my randomly bad and vague way of writing :sweat

7. I just bought my first doll from DoD and I had a wonderfully easy transaction with them!

What did you order? - DoD Dream of Child Si with default faceup.

When did you order? - 25th July 2007

How was the communication? - Fantastic, all my e-mails were answered well and within a maximum of 48 hours, although usually it was closer to 12.

How easy was it to pay? - Simple, I paid with my debit card! But the only complication was I had to fax (or e-mail) my id and card and stuff over, and i don't have a scanner or a fax machine and i got confused working the one at work. But they were very understanding that it was gonna take me a while to get it to them.

How long did it take to ship? - He was shipped within 5 weeks, although customs stole him and it took a little longer for me to actually get him (but that's not DoD's fault).

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Most definitely. His faceup 99% PERFECT (one tiny unnoticeable mistake on his eyelid), he poses like a DREAM and the resin is beautiful to the touch. I love him <3

Did the item look like the sales pictures? - Yes

Were you satisfied with the product? - VERY

8. Yay! I'm throwing in my feedback too...

What did you order? - DoC new boy body 2

When did you order? - 10th Aug 2007

How was the communication? - Answered my emails within 2 days at most and was very kind to let me know that they'll be expecting PayPal payment and again emailed me when they received payment.

How easy was it to pay? - I knew CC would be a hassle since I wasn't sure if my debit works for oversea charging... So I used PayPal and was fairly easy to work it with them... I had emailed them earlier to ask for their PayPal address...

How long did it take to ship? - Shipped within 4 weeks, and reached in 4 days... :)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Love the resin and the posing-ability!!! Sturdy and not too heavy... I just LOVE it! :D

Did the item look like the sales pictures? - Yup, though maybe because of the lighting the site's skintone always look a lil paler... --"

Were you satisfied with the product? - Absolutely!!! ^_^

9. Thanks so much! ^_^

I really want to buy a doll from them, but I don't want to spend so much money for shipping... T_T We'll see how it works out though...

Well, I'd like to buy a Homme Ducan, Sha, Si, E-an, and if possible the Lahoo and Camine fullsets. If not, then just the regular Lahoo and Camine dolls. I also want to buy 7 of their outfits and 10 of their shoes... *_* I'll have to save up a lot of money... xD

10. since i only got the body, no they don't do seam sandings anymore... but i heard that they at least DO sand the seams of the head... you can sand the seams if you want to... it's not really noticeable and since he usually wears clothes, it's fine... ^_^ just waiting for Alexius' head to come and claim his body... :sweat hopefully today, or else i'll have to wait till Monday since AusPost don't do deliveries on Saturdays... :|

11. High shipping costs are something that comes along with the hobby -- but believe me, they're worth every single penny. ^__^

Yes, the heads come sanded. My boy has no seams on his head, but noticeable seams on his arms and legs. They aren't -horrible- though, no sharp edges, nothing you'd notice unless you were looking straight at it/touching it. I may sand them later, if I'm feeling ambitious.

12. I'm planning on saving up for my second DoD doll, Petsha. Anyway I was wondering if the standard version of her still comes with the extra pair of hands.

13. Yes it does :)

14. So it's like $50-60 for shipping a DOC to the US? Would it cost more in shipping for two dolls? I want to get Too and Bee-A and it would suck if that meant an extra like $30 on shipping XP

And they take like 4-5 weeks to get here? That's not too bad.

I've never bought a BJD before, anything else I should know? The total cost is just the listed price of the doll + shipping, right? Do they charge $40 per doll for makeup, or could I get Too and Bee-A both done for that price?

It'd also be really nifty if I could get a different site that shows what the makeup looks like in different colors... People have been linking to one but it doesn't have a lot of photos on it. I was hoping for Bee-A in peach and Tender Too in light brown.

15. Don't Too and Bee-A come as a set? Try a dummy order if you want to be sure of the shipping cost. Just go through the process, but bail out once you get the shipping cost.

Have you tried asking in the BJD-opedia for examples of different makeup?

16. Eh... I think I'll have it shipped to China... it's WAY cheaper... xD then I'll bring it back to the US... xP (I'll be going over there next summer anyways, so it won't be too bad)

Oh! Is the shipping time the same for every country? If anyone has had DOD ship dolls to China for them, could you tell me how long it took? I'd like to order in time for it to arrive when I'm there. ^_^

17. That's a very risky way of shipment to be honest.. A shipping times fluctuate very heavily and one doll can take 7 weeks to arrive while others take only 5 weeks.

If you are not staying there for long it is not an adviceable option.. If you are not there when the doll arrives it can be even more expensive than the shipping is now.

Honestly, $50 isn't that bad, as it enables you to track the package and see where it is and the package is also insured.

18. Echoing this. Unless you're staying with friends/family and you order the doll enough in advance to get it there -before- you arrive, this method is probably too risky to be worthwhile. Dream of Doll's lead times tend to be longer than advertised on their website, and they can fluctuate wildly. My doll took 5-1/2 weeks to ship. Someone else who ordered theirs at the same time took much closer to 8 weeks.

I'd pay the shipping costs for the added security and certainty, personally.

19. Yeah they do, that's why I think it would suck if I had to pay a lot of extra shipping :/

I hadn't asked yet because I'm still gradually hunting through the galleries before I start a thread :X

20. The only complaint that I have for DOD is that they've never EVER replied to my emails! :[

Otherwise, my baby was packaged nicely, in a complimentary carrying bag! No complaints on shipping and paying.

We paid with by credit card, not even paypal!

Oh and sometimes, they send you an extra 'something'.
      I remember ordering 2 S-hooks for hands, and they send me 3 :]