1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream of Doll feedback!

Sep 16, 2007

1. These questions have been asked alot! I've seen another one of these threads recently, try do a bit of searching before asking. There's also the company feedback forum that has a thread on DOD that's worth checking out.

Did they respond to your e-mails in a positive way? (or not?)
      Yes they responded to be within a few days and were polite and understanding doing their best to ensure my doll arrived in time for my meet with my split-partner. They don't respond to every email, but every mail i have recieved from them has been polite and gave me an accurate answer to my question.

Was their service the way you expected it to be?
      Yes it was exactly as many people have said on the forums. The wait was to be expected. I had no trouble contacting them.

If they took a long time on your doll, did they tell you?
      I emailed them when my doll didn't ship 2 days after the date they said he would in a previous email. They apologized fully and explained what was happening with my doll and offered to ship him out priority. (I had ordered during an event)

Would you buy from them again?
      Already have bought another doll from them.

Was the doll in good condition
      Yes he was in perfect condition.

Was the BOX in good condition
      It's not DOD's fault if the box gets bashed in the post. That's the postal service to blame.

2. Might as well throw mine in too :)

What did you order? - DOT Shall

When did you order? - April 2007

How was the communication? - Pretty decent, I only had to email them once, about how long it would take to get my doll shipped out. They were honest and said it would take a bit, because they were backed up with orders. But the next day, she was shipped out :)

How easy was it to pay? - Really easy. They still had paypal then, so it was no trouble to pay at all.

How long did it take to ship? - 7 weeks from the point of ordering to where she was delivered to my door step.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - She was worth every cent. Her resin is smooth and and pinky-pretty, weighted without being too heavy and very easy to pose. :)

Did the item look like the sales pictures? - I ordered her without a face up, so yes and no.

Were you satisfied with the product? - Quite satisfied, she's my favorite doll thus far, and she's the first one I got. :)

3. GAH... already replied to this post... x.x

4. Does anyone know if DoD offers insurance on their dolls? If so do they automatically insure them or do you have to ask for it?

5. I'd totally love to know the answer to that too... I hope they do offer it though...

6. * What did you order? DOT Ducan, some clothes
      * When did you order? July 2007 for Ducan, June 2007 for the clothes
      * How was the communication? Good. They answered all my e-mails in at least 2 days.
      * How easy was it to pay? I paid by Paypal, before they stopped using it, so it was very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Ducan shipped in 5 weeks and the clothes in 3 weeks.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The clothes I ordered were out of stock and they made them when I asked and they fit perfectly. :D I am over the moon about my Ducan, he is wonderful!! The only complaint I have is that I also ordered his default outfit when I ordered Ducan and his pants do not fit. So that is strange, but it was nothing I could not fix.

I think DOD is a great company and I have never had a problem with them and their shipping times are decent and their dolls are beautiful!:aheartbea

7. I've ordered 4 dolls from them (at different times) so I'm filling it out more than once~

What did you order? DOC U & DOC Mir
      When did you order? January 29th 2006
      How was the communication? I sent them an email about face up (making sure the U had default and Mir had peach, I ordered them but there isn't an option to select which for which doll, so I let them know), they responded within a couple days. I emailed later to change my shipping address (there was a piece missing) and they added it for me quickly. They were very friendly in both situations. :D
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, I used Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? Around 6 weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly as shown.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very.

What did you order? DOT Elf Ducan
      When did you order? July 4th 2006
      How was the communication? I had no questions, but they sent me emails within 24 hours of payment and an email when he had shipped.
      How long did it take to ship? Around 5-6 weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Most definitely.

What did you order? DOC Tender Yen
      When did you order? February 2007 (I don't remember the exact day, it was some time during the V-day event)
      How was the communication? I sent them an email asking about shipping times being delayed due to the event (and therefore a large number of dolls being made) and they didn't reply, however I sent them another with simpler wording (since they have to translate, sometimes if it's too complicated, they don't understand, not to mention there aren't that many people working as it is a small company) and they responded a day or so later saying my doll would be shipped the following week.
      How long did it take to ship? Around 7-8 weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, though he didn't seem as sturdy as my two I got the year before, I had no real complaints.

Overall I haven't had a bad experience with them at all. I found them to be very friendly. :D I will be ordering from them in the future for sure. X3

8. Well even though I didn't get an answer about insurance, I went ahead and ordered a doll from DOD anyways. My question is about the actual wire transfer.

When I went to do the wire transfer the swift code wasn't quite right. The banker was nice enough to do a bit of searching and found the same bank name with just the last 2 letters switched of the swift code. I told him to go ahead because it seemed like it was probably just a simple typo.

However later, the address wasn't quite right either. It seemed like the adress given by DOD was possibly just a branch of a larger bank in Korea, since everything else was the same.

I kept telling him to just go ahead but now I'm at home feeling a bit worried, I don't want to have lost all that money sending it to the wrong place! Can someone please tell me if anything like this happened when they were doing a wire transfer?

9. Three different orders... :']

What did you order? DoT Camine
      When did you order? Mid-August 2006
      How was the communication? Not much to it really. Got my fast payment confirmation... I can't remember there being a shipping notice about it though.
      How easy was it to pay? Pretty easy. Used a credit card.
      How long did it take to ship? About 5 weeks.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yup.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup.

What did you order? DoT D-137 outfit
      When did you order? ... I can't remember.. xD
      How was the communication? I inquired about getting the sold out outfit and they replied within a matter of days. Pretty friendly with me.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy. Used Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? A week to two weeks, being that it was a sold out outfit.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yup.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? The belts on the legs were a lot longer than I had expected them to be, but the rest was accurate.

What did you order? DoT Homme Ducan w/ Default outfit
      When did you order? November 2006
      How was the communication? Not much really. I got my payment confirmation, and again, I can't remember if there was a shipping notice.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy. Used Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? About 8 weeks. xD;
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Just a few kinks here and there with the default outfit, but nothing that ultimately changed its general appearance.

10. Sorry, a really silly question: I want to order an Elf Ducan, but he!s a limited doll, and out of stock. That means I have no way of getting him? :(
      I`ve never had a doll before, so I have no clue what to look for in a good quality doll, but so far I`ve only liked DoD`s dolls. I hope it is a good brnad, it seems like a lot of people love this brand.

11. Not a silly question at all! No, once a limited doll is out of stock, that's it for him. You're best bet is to bide your time, get your feedback up, and get one at the marketplace here at DOA. You have a much better chance at getting a limited doll here than on E-bay, and the prices and people are much better. Good luck!

12. ~What did you order?
      DoC TwingKey w/brown face up and old body type
      ~When did you order?
      Aug 9th, 2007
      ~How was the communication?
      Even though I had to write them roughly 5 times they replied in 2-5 days for each letter I wrote. All their emails were polite, but they were often vague and after awhile I felt as if they were making excuses for the delay in my order.
      ~How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy! I paid by credit card and although I had to scan ID and the card I sent it via email as an attachment and in roughly 2 days it was accepted.
      ~How long did it take to ship?
      NINE weeks! A bit too long of a wait for me. They wrote me an email saying 5 weeks and when I didn't receive a shipping notice after that time I started writing them.
      ~Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I think so! I'm very pleased with her so far and love the skin tone, the height, the face up, basically everything about her! The seams aren't exactly sanded to invisibility, but are not rough at all.
      ~Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I can tell it's the face mold, but I do believe she looks very much her unique self which doesn't bother me at all because I find her beautiful ^^
      ~Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am definitely happy!
      ~If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      My main complaint is the time it took for them to ship her. After the 5th week of a promised shipping I wrote them for each week over. They replied politely as I said, but kept coming up with "excuses" as to why they were late. "Popular mold", "Holiday", "Remaking mold", etc...I can say I was not happy with each new email I received. In the last one they promised me a small gift for the delay and they were indeed true to their word - one wig and three eyelash sets. I can't argue against that ^^ I think if she were not my first doll I would not have been so anxious and worried at every turn, but then again I think for every doll you order you feel the same anxiety and hoping for a timely shipping. Will I order from them again? I'm not sure...

13. In case anyone wanted to know, this went through fine. So if you are doing a wire transfer and these things come up wrong, then it's fine and it is the DoD bank account.

14. It's been a month less a day since the bank transfer went through, and my boy's head left Korea yesterday. So far I can say I'm satisfied, but I'll update once he gets here ^_^

Actually, my bank wanted the address of the beneficiary, not just the information that DOD provided. They refused to do it with just the above information. I just ended up using DODs business address as stated on their site somewhere and everything worked out just fine. My bank even tried to tell me that the business address would be a HUGE RISK. They wanted me to track down Kim Eun Hee's home address. I'm sure the beneficiary is just an employee of DOD and home address would be completely irrelevant. The whole thing was just silly. I might have just had a banker who was exceptionally paranoid about dealing with Asian businesses or something.

15. What did you order?
      DOT Homme Ducan

When did you order?
      5th October 2007

How was the communication?
      Great! I had to email my card and they responded ASAP.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, much easier than people think.

How long did it take to ship?
      Shipped on the 7th November

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Absolutely! Lovely weight, new dolly smell, no shiny bits and the seams are pretty well done aswell. His noticeably pinker than my Too, which means DOD have changed resins again.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes! Very much so! Sadly he came with the same default eyes my Too came with instead of his own D:

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Definatly! I loves him <3

16. hello well I shall request to notification
      of payment was good
      Ihave 4 weeks and still waiting
      Icongratulate the comunity of doa by the freedback for house XD

17. What did you order?: DOT homme ducan

When did you order?: February 2007

How was the communication?:
      Quite slow when you have problems with their products. Otherwise, they replied quite fast

How easy was it to pay?: Very simple using bank wiring services

How long did it take to ship?: About a month

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? : Not exactly.. In my opinion, their resin quality is very bad

Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Yes, well except the wig. Do not be fooled D: haha

Were you satisfied with the product?: I love their doll moulds and all, but their resin quality is quite terrible. One fine day, Tatsuya had a crack on his knee. I was very gentle and careful with him so i didn't know what happened. He didn't even fall O_O;; After 15 mins, the part chipped and came right off. DOD was very slow in responding to my emails and i had to pay for the shipping of the new thigh :( I am however grateful that it was only about USD30 or so for the shipping and i didn't need to pay for the new part. Also, a week later, an acquaintance (who ordered her doll a week after me)'s h.ducan's knee also chipped. I found that very odd. =/ I have scraped plans to buy a DOT Sha after my experience @_@ But perhaps i may purchase a DOC in future ^^

18. What did you order?
      Three wigs (2 Dot's and 1 Doc) in a group order

When did you order?
      At end of July / Start of August

How was the communication?
      It was very good.. they confirmed my payment quickly.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy by using CC

How long did it take to ship?
      Less than 24 hrs after I placed the order it was shipped and It arrived in a few days.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I thought the quality was very nice and was very happy with mine

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      It did so I was pleasantly suprised.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      The Two Dot wigs were more of a DOC size.. so we let them know about that issue.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      When the other person got her wig she found out they were too small.. Even though the wigs had been shipped two weeks earlier (she had been on holiday hence she got them after she got back), DoD was very helpfull and responded very quickly.

In the end we didn't have to send anything back and we got new wigs without having to pay for shipping. We got a nice apolagy as well...:aheartbea

19. for any UK buyers (or USA buyers as I am sure you ahve this too) do they accept an online BACS transfer for payment? Just thinking coz i have been into my bank today to do a Telegraphic Transfer to some solicitors regarding a house i am buying and the solicitors accept BACS transfer so wondered if anyone knew whether DOD accepted this?

I want to buy a bee a, and i don't like the idea of emailing CC info to them, and i don't want to pay transfer fees to wire money over if i can help it :)