1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley 1/3 Doll Discussion

Nov 27, 2018

1. My Qing is a royal pain in the rump to dress. Nothing fits her properly... I'm either going to have to make everything she wears or have it custom sized.

Maybe I can find her a super-long wig and claim she's cosplaying as Lady Godiva. <_<

2. @Gathephaar I actually like playing around with clothing options for her. It's really interesting. Alright, so picture of having fun...various clothes sizes under the spoiler to save from picture spam.

[​IMG]

First up is some regular SD outfits. Dress is from Alice's Collection from their '1/3' clothing option. It's a tad short on the torso and a bit big in the chest. The shirt was a second hand SD shirt, so I don't know from where and might be hand sewn. Again, it's a little short in the torso as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Next up are some clothes I got as a gift from Impldoll when I ordered the 63cm Star Body. I think the fancy dress is supposed to be for their shorter Model body? It still looks cute, but like /all/ holiday dresses it seems to stand up away from the boobs. (The black skirt is actually from the first dress)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last one is more of a funny? But I love how casual she looks in oversized 70cm boys clothes.

[​IMG]

3. That would be lovely, thank you <3

4. @Peneyofdeath Thank you for that! My character doesn't wear a lot of dresses thankfully, but it does look like this body will be a little difficult to dress. It's so hard to find a normal body with a super small bust option that has good posability!

@Brightfires Yeah, that's what I was worried about. Thankfully, I can mod and sew, so maybe I can get away with it XD

5. wanted to share my new Athos that arrived yesterday. I made an unboxing thread: LINK
      he poses so nicely and is even more beautiful in person.

i had hoped i would get the ankle balls with magnets with the extra feet, but no dice.
      I wonder if anyone with a B-56 type body would mind posting a picture of that part?

[​IMG] flickr

@Peneyofdeath - your Cecelia looks terrific in the SD boy top with those leggings and boots *chef's kiss*

6. Aw. Thankies <3 She has a bad habit of stealing her giant of a bf's shirts and using them to taunt him.

7. Hello guys, does any of you have their female body hybrided with another company's head? Trying to get rid of my old PW body, but I wonder if the DV body isn't actually too thin for normal or slighty smaller SD heads.

8. I don't currently, but I'm intending to when both come in. The headsize seems to match up well with a regular SD head, it's just that the neck is a little on the thin side.

9. Ugh......I'm slightly tempted to order their 71ish cm boy body in tan now that it's not orange. Do you guys know how often they offer or change their colors? I honestly just want to see how long I have to consider him before he's gone. Because if I only have as long as the event...hnn, I might be screwed to a layaway.

10. They don't seem to change their colors too frequently. The grey was a new addition with the giraffe event, and they also had a limited purple resin offering for that event but the grey is a permanent fixture now. The notices say that the chocolate is limited to this event only, it's like a placeholder while they fix their tan. Maybe the new tan will be chocolate, but maybe it won't. I can't imagine the new tan being worse than the orange-tan the old tan was, but it might be a light tan too. I don't like a lot of companies' tan because they're light tans and more akin to like Iplehouse "real" skin. If you like the chocolate imo you should go for it. :)

11. Genuinely, if I was going for perfect, I'd wait until they took an olive tanned tone. I might have to take advantage of the sale and pretty tan. Now I get to wait for DC to do a tan event so I can get a head I want xD

12. DV released Sirius and I immediately fall in love with him. I just got my DV Vine. And Sirius looks like an adult version of him. Luckily he is still available even after an event so I could cool down for a while before get him for good XD

13. i am trying so hard to not look.... but i agree, Sirius is very appealing.... i love that 1/3 body too, it is so nice to pose.

14. Sirius is VERY appealing. I should try to resist since I've got most of my dolls stored away for lack of space right now but my partner and I both really like Sirius so it's sort of like I'm buying him for both of us :sweat

15. If you buy him, don't forget to share pictures of him! He is in my wishlist which may get him next year hehe

16. Sure thing! I decided to get him in the new tan so now we just wait

17. My girl's body should be here soon! I am so excited, but nervous too. I really hope this hybrid works!

18. I also really want Sirius, I think I’m gonna wait to get him in chocolate or hopefully an actually dark tan if they release it.

19. I bought dream Valley Belinda wings for my dream Valley Silina, will they fit since she is smaller? lol Also, how do I unstring her.. she's strung so nicely I don't want to ruin her.

20. If her wings are strung on a separate elastic loop, that's ideal. If they used one of the elastics in the body it's harder to get the slack. You might be able to look inside if you can make a gap at her torso, see what's attached that way. Or, unhook one dragon wing, and see if the other wing comes out with a loop of elastic or not.

Once you can get her original wings off, i would recommend putting the new ones on their own loop since it's a lot easier to manage. i got some good advice from a thread about DC's skeleton wings here: LINK
      the pictures helped me visualize how to approach the install. I did my Bethel this way too. Since the doll is smaller, you might need a kip to the larger wings.

i love those amazing wings from Belinda, i hope they work in your Silina :3nodding: