1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley 1/3 Doll Discussion

Nov 27, 2018

1. Thank you! I'll look there. It's funny because I'm also looking at buying the dc skeleton wings for her too. XD

2. Have you guys seen the announcement for the new 1/3 guys?
      I love Scars design so much. He looks like a DnD Tabaxi Rogue :aeyepop:

I am just not into the face. I wish there was a human face option. Yes, of course, the cat face fits perfectly but it's not really my taste. He is so big too (bit too big for me)

But I don't think I can resist him. The body and outfit is perfection. :abow:

Can I have your thoughts about their tan skins?
      What I have seen from owner pictures of the wolf centaur boys their tan seems quite orange.
      I wonder how the coffee skin will turn out. It does look a bit into the orange for me

3. I honestly don’t think chocolate looks very orange compared to the previous tan, maybe it’s a quality of the translucent resin you’re noticing? But the coffee sample doesn’t look translucent and BJDivas’ announcement confirms it’s not, so I’d expect it to be closer to the actual samples they’re posting. It also looks more red-toned to me though.

4. Hm, okay. I felt like in the pictures of the cat boy the skin is more into orange undertones than brown, which makes me worry it might look more orange with time because of yellowing.

I am considering the grey skintone too.
      It's a shame I am still waiting for my 1/4 Giraffe boy, elsewise I would be able to see the grey skin in real and it would make it so much easier to decide.

5. @Pyoko I'm in agreement with @asuu that coffee doesn't look orangey to me either. Just looking at the unblushed resin sample picture it looks like a nice mid-tone brown color. Not to warm or cool.

Anyway, I also really like the body, but not to into the head. I do need a cat head, but one that's closer to what DZ did.

#85 Cloudedmind, Aug 27, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    6. I am thankful for your and @asuu opinion.
      I kind of have a hard time imagining how skin tones will look in reality just from promotional pictures.

Sounds like we are on the same boat with the head.
      I am considering trying to find an other head later on (from a company that does resin matching) or maybe buying the other guys head too, so that I can decide what I like more when I get them :XD:

7. I've seen the chocolate skin in person and it isn't orangey at all. The picture of the coffee skin looks darker and less likely to be orange than their chocolate, so I think you're good. :)

8. Does anyone have Qing? I'd love to see some photos of her, I tried an online search but all I found were (gorgeous) promo pictures.
      I'm especially curious to see a front shot, and how her half opened eyes look.

9. Qing seems to be fairly similar to Z7 (I hope you get Qing! I am so tempted, now that I have Z7), so here's some photos of Z7's face with my admittedly terrible photography skills:
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

And without eyes (when I first opened the box):
      [​IMG]

I realize I've posted this picture everywhere, including with my classy box 'o wine in the background, but long hair, don't care. I LOVE this doll:
      [​IMG]

If you order the full set, face-ups are included, but body blushing is extra. Sadly, Dream Valley isn't making the katana swords for Qing anymore - and if you want the weapon-gripping hands, those are also extra (as is blushing for the hands). Heel feet (and blushing) are also extra.

She was pricy but IMHO totally worth it.

10. Yeah, I'm trying to find every little bit of extra information about her but for now I got zilch.
      Your photos have been absolutely crucial to fortify her status as first-bjd-doll-to-buy, though. Right now I'm looking around for the best option on how to order. The dealer in my country said that DV doesn't ship to Europe at the moment, so I'd need to rely on overseas stores, and that means horribly high customs.

I see now that there's one store in Belgium and one in Spain, maybe there's still hope! :)

11. Woof.

I learned through a discussion in the BJDivas FB group that PayPal is also notorious for hidden fx exchange rate fees that are frankly astronomical for Euro to USD conversions, too - about $30 USD per $130 USD, which is just a straight up rip-off.

If there is any way you can avoid PayPal and use a credit card that doesn’t charge exorbitant foreign currency fees, I would recommend looking into that.

Glad I could help!

12. Since Qing pictures are rare... Here's a new one of Ajda, with her current dark hair.

[​IMG] .

13. Aww, man, that's wonderful!
      Did you modded/edited out the ears? Also, how's playing with her? I read everywhere that DV dolls are little champions in posing.

That's really a good advice, thank you. By the way, the spanish dealer can't do preorders, apparently, so I'm waiting a response from the belgian one. If I hit a wall there too, I hope Alice's Collection would accept foreign credit card payments.

14. This... does not help me exercise self control in not buying a Qing.
      Your doll is breathtakingly beautiful.

@lytits - my Z7 holds poses almost like she's glued in place. It is a stiff body - moving it into certain poses requires a little elbow grease.

The ears were standard with the doll. Funny you should ask - when I first placed my order, I asked if I could swap out a human head (or have the ears sanded off). Now that I have her, I'm glad they said no.

15. Her ears are still there... you just can't see them under the floof of that wig. :lol:

She poses well, and feels pretty solid in spite of being a lot lighter than any of my other "tall girls". (She probably weighs about half what my Volks SD16s and SpiritDoll Proud girls do, for comparison-)

The only issue I've had with her are the hands... The magnets are weak and there's no locking notch like some other companies put on their magnetic hands and feet. That resulted in her hands falling off unexpectedly any time I picked her up or reposed her. I ended up solving that issue by using a little Aileen's white glue to attach the hand bits to the ball/wrist part. I can't take her hands off to dress her with them attached like that, but I *also* don't have to worry about her randomly losing a hand somewhere or breaking a finger when one decides to yeet itself into the Great Unknown.

16. Lol, yeah, I asked too and they answered the same. I don't know, I'm not too attracted by elf ears, honestly, and I could buy another head just to sand them off. Depending on the wig it could be less distracting, or maybe they'll grow on me as they did on you.

17. Qing and Z7 use 16mm eyes, I believe, any chance for a pic with a pair of 14mm, please?
      In the next two/three days I'm taking the time to finalize the accessories I'm about to order, and I would like to play it safe as much as possible.
      Wigs! That's another one of my doubts, 6-7? or 8-9? but I'm afraid the "wearability" changes from brand to brand.
      I picture myself buying a lot of hit-and-miss stuff in the near future :)

#97 lytits, Sep 6, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    18. I would definitely recommend 16 mm eyes and size 8-9 wigs. The eye sockets inside the doll head are large enough that I couldn't get 14 mm to fit without seeing putty. If anything, you might consider going up to 18 mm - but I don't have any eyes in that size, sorry.

I tried out several wigs. 6-7 would not fit at all. Couldn't even get it over the head cap. The head is deceptively big.

19. Ajda is wearing 16mm eyes... The 14mm set I tried didn't fit at all, but they were standard round. A set of oval flat-backs *might* work better, but I don't have a set that size to try for you.

The wig she's wearing is a 9 from DollHeart and it's too big for her. It wouldn't stay on her head without a stout rubber band under it.

An 8-8.5 would be a better fit, especially if the cap had a little stretch to it. .

20. Hey, everyone.
      Can I get some boot recommendations for the B56-01 body? I have both the flat and high heeled feet. The issue I am coming into is that her flat feet are HUGE compared to my other SD sized dolls, and her legs are more slender, so I end up with little to no support in the ankle and calf area.

I even attempted to pad the shaft of boots with cotton balls, but it still does not help as much as I had hoped it would and still leaves the boots looking comically oversized around the legs.