1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley BJD Tiny Dolls

Feb 7, 2018

1. I just finished month 3 of waiting for my DV Halloween event order and I ended up soothing the wait by getting a DV Cerise fullset that had been sitting on Ebay for probably forever by the look of it and who arrived home last week^^. I had been waffling about her for a long time, she was definitely pulling on me but she didn't spark any concrete character ideas (it did not help that the seller put her eyes in wonky so she was wall-eyed and I couldn't see her true face and potential for the life of me). I eventually decided to try and make her into a character I had planned another DV mold for, hoping she'd give me more inspiration once I had her in hand. Once she arrived, I realized what the problem was: her fullset is NOT flattering on her IMHO, especially the wig. I put her in a different dress, found a wig that's a lot closer in color and cut to her character design and gave her new eyes a size larger (14mm). She lost her eyelashes in the process, but I don't think that's a bad thing, if anything they were hiding her eyeshape. And then the click was there^^.

So, here's my little Vivi, she will get the plant arm body and some mods and she will be my venus flytrap girl:). Excuse the weird lighting, pictures taken with flash in a nearly pitch black room right before I went to bed (she's sitting on my nightstand between my SD Volks girls).

[​IMG]Vivi by jefvonk, on Flickr

And I somehow get the impression that she's not at all as innocent and naive as I had pictured her character...
      [​IMG]Vivi by jefvonk, on Flickr

2. You just opened up some possibilities for my kitty girl. Thanks!

3. Here's my little Gary I got as an event doll in July. I was so happy to get him and my Silina as my dad died from complications from covid two weeks ago. Getting to coo over these made my mom smile, which made me happy. Having something nice to look forward to really helped.

[​IMG]

4. So sorry to hear about your dad. :( Your dragon is adorable, and I hope he continues to provide smiles!

5. This is my special cat, wish can see more cat photos:XD:
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6. @davri I'm so sorry for your loss, as someone who lost a parent to illness when I was younger I know how hard it is. I'm glad your dollies arrived in time to make you feel a little bit better, take care.

@marephome Your kitty is stunning! I really love how you styled her with all the golden accents against that beautiful black resin. I didn't know DV made the kittytaurs in black, or did you dye her?

7. I saw the pet cat Fate is black resin,so I was entrust agent to request official made a black Bastet:lol:(but it not easy*_*)
      [​IMG]

#267 marephome, Feb 23, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    8. @marephome she looks amazing! Great job :)

I am still finishing the wig for mine, and trying to get her some eyes. /Slow

9. @marephome It looks like your request might have inspired dream valley staff! They released bustet/Bettina and two new cats with black resin options. :D

The kittytaurs were already cute enough to tempt me... but Zhao has me crawling out of hiding... he's darling... ughh :sorry

10. Well, DV finally got me! I just put Zhao on a six month layaway with BJDivas. I know it will be a long wait, but a nice surprise this winter. I got him blank, in the light tan, with the optional cat paws.

11. I love that the new event has the kittytaurs in black resin!

Eyes have arrived for my Bustet, and I think one more good work session will finish the wig. Then I need to figure out blushing... or dyeing. :wiggle

12. @kurogane I'm with you! I'm inevitably going to put him on layaway too, I can feel it. Just sorting out my budget now. *_*

@redsixwing how are you liking the kittytaurs posability? They're so unique I can't think of a place for them among my crew, but I just love looking at them and the adorable posing!!

13. @Beedalee yay, another Zhao! I had to figure out my finances too. Just couldn’t let him go, as he fits in with my kitty crew so well.

14. I really loved the idea of the cataurs when they first came out, but skipped them because the heads weren't my style. But then I saw Zhao, and wondered what would happen if you switched the heads...

[​IMG]

:D I've already got a split set up; I'm planning to keep the Zhao head and cataur body in white and make them into a celestial lion/sphinx.

15. Let me take some comparison photos with her and my other centaur, and get back to you!
      She's super cute but definitely has some quirks. The cat body is really nice, and the tail balances easily upright, which I like.
      The upper body has some issues - unfortunately her shoulders and neck joint are unstable, so her head and arms kick a lot. I'm currently hoping that adjusting her tension and sueding will help.

@monkeypizzasonic what a great split idea! That's going to look so cool.

16. I'm glad they are open the black resin

I have place an black Zhao

and looking forward to his arrival

17. Made my first payment for Zhao, so the order is official. :3nodding: Now for the wait, sigh.

18. I really interested to see the new anthro bodies! I've been looking for a good 1/6 anthro body for a few years now for one of my characters (Soom ones look good except their paws only have three toes instead of four so no go :sweat). I'm very curious about how they pose with the extra leg joint, I expect it'll be fun to have that as a working joint :3nodding:
      I'm also happy they've added the option of black resin, I think quite a few DV dolls would work well in black resin!

19. @Beedalee I had some fun posing dolls! The range of motion Bustet can hold on her own is about like this: [​IMG]

But, I'm going to have to suede or wire or both, most or all of her joints.

20. @redsixwing is your Bustet in the ‘new’ tan, or the old one? Either way, I like the color!

Tags: