1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley BJD Tiny Dolls

Feb 7, 2018

1. @Cap'n I also think Scar looks like a grown version of Zhao and was tempted for about a day, but he is too big, which is sad, as he is perfect. Maybe DV will make a msd sized cat, now that I would love and order!

2. @Cap'n ahhhh you got your zhao!!! I'm SO HAPPY they included a single tail joint option. :D (did swapping it require unstringing the whole doll?) I feel like I should be getting an email about mine anytime between now and october, I'm so excited (and totally haven't gathered items for them yet, oops... time to shop)

Are the eyes in yours right now 14mm or did you switch to something else? Low dome? They look really great!

3. @Beedalee
      His tail is actually magnetic! And it was really easy to switch to the single tail option. Just had to swap the end with a pair of forceps. Also the magnet on his butt fell out already but it honestly stays in place well without having to glue it in.

He wears 12mm and those are the eyes he came with. They're nice glass ones. Low dome is a must!

I just ordered Monji a fluffy pink wig so his nickname is going to be Momo. :XD:

4. Oh my goodness he's adorable. Congratulations on your kitty boy!

5. @Cap'n Oh magnetic?! that's even better!!!! :loveAlso, thank you for replying about eyes!! I can't wait to see more of momo :aheartbea

6. I should have gotten my Xi by now but tracking stopped updating on the 18th last month after the plane came to port. I think I might need to message AC cuz I've never had something sit in customs so long.

7. Monji the pink lion boy is coming together. :XD:
      [​IMG]

8. His tail is MAGNETIC?? Oh my god that makes me so excited! I have a Zhao incoming myself (and I don't even know if I ever posted that the boards at all now that I think about it) but I ordered him through BJDivas at the verrrrry tail end of his order period so I'm still trying to be patient. But boy, your pictures and descriptions have me just jumping:D

9. @HeavensChaos
      Yay for incoming kitty cuteness! BJDivas tends to take longer to receive DV orders so here's hoping your kitty heads home soon. The magnet tail really was a nice surprise! I had a Mahiru before Zhao (whom I sold to order Zhao instead) and the foxes have strung tails with two torso options for the added hole or not. Pants were a pain to put on and dresses had to go over the tail to work. Overall it was a struggle and I just assumed Zhao would have the same but thankfully nope!

Also I'm now officially ordering a Scar in WS on layaway and I am so freaking excited to have big kitty and little kitty. :D

10. I picked up a 30cm body for a hybrid character and while it's arrived, i'm still waiting on the head. So for fun I tried the Gru head on the body...and I really like it :XD:
      [​IMG]
      I was expecting the neck hole to be too small but to my surprise it was a very good fit. I had forgotten that the Gru body had such a chunky neck. I wonder if they used the same neck piece when sculpting the Gru body? Anyway, I think this will have to be an alternate body for the head as I'm planning a monochrome theme for the head and the body will be dyed black so should still work together :)

11. Ooh, I'd really love to see them together! I wonder how different the sizing will look when they're next to each other? It's so hard to imaging just using the measurements alone :sweat

12. I knew it! I've been having the urge to stick my Gru head on my Rin's body (the 30cm girl one) ever since Rin arrived, I knew Gru would look good on these bodies:). I'm just not sure how to fit another adult pumpkin lady into my group and I do like Gru's original body... but I'll figure it out^^. Your plans for your Gru sound intriguing, I'm curious to see how he'll turn out, black body sounds amazing:).

13. Haha, there's always room for one more pumpkin head :whee: Maybe it can be an alternative body when you fancy a change? I've not tried Gru's head on my jellyfish Rin so don't know about the neck fitting (the body I have is the chomper/ arm one). I might have to give a go when I get a moment as it's got me curious. The only down side is these DV bodies are so tall and skinny that I think most clothing will have to be custom made.
      As for my Gru, i've finally gotten round to doing a digital mock up (still need to do the sides and back views to fully work out where the leaves should go). It's taken me a while to come up with a design but whether i'll have the skill to paint it is another question entirely :sweat
      [​IMG]

14. i so regret not nabbing one in that last event
      these are all so cute i love them :love

15. Yea I have a Purple from his first release, and finding a way to clothe my darling has been.... interesting. I mean, I've tried but I have not yet figured out how to do it without a weird bunch of fabric. But I bought Purple half because of that tail so I was fully prepared to figure out how to deal with it somehow.

I was always expecting some extra delay with my Zhao, at least because I was at the tail end of the order period. I know that BJDivas was having shipping issues on top of everything when I ordered so I just kind of... lengthened my expected wait since I didn't know when that would get resolved. The first time I ordered from Dream Valley I went through Angelesque... and I don't remember why I didn't go back to them when I ordered this time. Hardly matters now of course.

16. Oh wow, that certainly is a very unique and cool design, best luck with the painting^^. And yeah, getting clothes for these guys... I might end up with multiple dolls on these 30cm bodies (my Rin will get the plant arm backarm body, Gru might steal Rin's human body, I'm debating putting my DZ Carter twins on the 30cm boy body) so knowing what would fit them would help a ton. I wonder if they'd fit like Obitsu24 clothes.

17. Haha, it's a body swap-a-thon! I tried the Gru head on my jellyfish Rin doll and again, it's a perfect fit-
      [​IMG]
      (Looking suave in that dress :lol:) So Gru's head will fit the B6-07 & B6-12 bodies.
      I really hope there will be some leads on clothing that will fit these slender DV dolls as it would be helpful to know!

18. @Epicari Oh wow, that looks even better than I expected, thanks for trying it out:) . I'm a bit hesitant to try it with my own dolls because my Rin has the infamous super tight DV stringing, I worry I won't get her head off or back on^^;;. So I'm going to leave her to loosen a bit more and try in a few weeks or so:).

19. Yeah, my Rin is super tight too so took a bit of strength to pull the hook up. I did it with some sturdy ribbon in the end, as the opening on Gru's head is a little far back, so it was just slightly the wrong angle to be able to pull up with my Luts head puller which would have made that a lot easier :sweat

Btw @ShuriTigerH, if I remember rightly, do you have a Doll Family Pumpkin head? I was wondering if it would work with one of DV's 30cm bodies? I'm thinking of getting one of the pumpkin heads and would like to put it with a tall, thin looking body in the 30-35cm range. But as the heads are very large i'm not sure if it would look too big or be too heavy with the DV body I have?

#359 Epicari, Sep 27, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    20. @Epicari Yes, I do have a DF-H pumpkin head, both actually. I don't have the time to go put one of them on my Rin's body right now, but I can tell you they do work on the 30cm, on the boy body anyway, as this photo by Poupees de Cirque on Tumblr of her boys shows:

[​IMG]

I personally think they work quite well^^. I intend to put mine on the DV 25cm body (the one Zircon comes with) and that looks okay too IMO, but it's of course up to personal taste.

Tags: