1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. Still waiting for my pair but man i'm starting to second guess my choices nghhh.

I got one in tan and i'm nervous about styling that as the tan is quite transparenty. How is it actually irl once it's sealed and faceupped?

And the other I was going to dye but i'm wussing out and thinking I might just blush the tips of his hands, ears etc instead, keeping most of him white. but i'm not sure.

argh.

this is the problem with long waits, there's time to doubt yourself.

2. @shruggoths I feel like you got my two least favourite girls from dream valley (which isn't saying much cause I like them all) and made me like them. Thorn looks way cuter in a short bob and Hyaline looks more serene in that light blond wig.

3. @chatdemon oh i meant shopping for her is hard since she has the third arm so if you don't wanna cut a hole you have to pick out something backless :XD:
      I just shopped for msd sized clothes and everything fits both of them perfectly fine, i've heard from others that their feet are very small for a msd though! i got some zip-up sneakers for Iao and they were pretty loose but they stayed on so all's well that ends well?

@Rabu Haha yeah I noticed the two sculpts I got seem to not be as popular (on this forum at least) I thought Thorn was adorable and I think I got Hyaline over Silence because I specifically wanted the black forehead markings. The blonde wig was just instant love as soon as I put it on her, I agree that it makes her look more serene! My Thorn just looks so much better with short hair it's mind-boggling, thanks so much for your compliments! And sorry for typing so much, I just have lot to say lol

4. I got the 3-armed body today that I ordered waaaay back at the end of July last year. The WS resin is bang-on a match for the SD WS Phiel head that was going on the body. My only issue is that DV strung him so crazy tight I almost couldn't get his head on. He creaks when I move his limbs. I've currently got him sitting seiza with his arms crossed over his chest and will leave him that way for a while to hopefully loosen him up a tad. If not, re-stringing is in his future. He does stand wonderfully though and is exactly the tall, skinny drink of water he needed to be.

Also, for anyone who ordered just a body, does DV send a CoA for the body or just whole dolls?

5. @Iron_Dog - That's great it is a perfect resin match. I did not get a COA with my body.

6. @xyuemoto Thanks for the info. I emailed Legend Doll to double check just in case because it never hurts to ask.

7. Ooh im excited i ordered in july! Hopefully my dolls will be ready soon

8. I was start of July BUT via a dealer so i'm not expecting it till Feb at the earliest.
      Still, it'd be nice to get my two boys.

It's the most expensive bjd purchase i've made to date lol. And i'm already second guessing myself. I hope I love them when they turn up because i'm nervous.

9. I can say that the resin is very nice and has a good feel to it. Very slight "tooth" as opposed to the silky feel of some of my other guys and I don't recall seeing any seams (if there are any, they're very minimal), which is much more than I can say for some of my guys (I'm looking at you FL/Soom).

10. help! I need some advice, the new dream valley spring event dolls are absolutely magnificent and I love the sculpt and the adorable tiny bee freebee (heh) but I can’t think of a character I can make of a male bee but several for a female!

Anyone that knows dream valley well (I’m new to the hobby) will they release a female bee within the spring event, in another event, or not necessarily at all?

Love the sculpt but can’t spend so much on a character I can’t shell.

11. I doubt they will release new dolls in this specific event, but they may make future bee dolls in another event in the future.
      They have previously released brand new dolls related to previous events, and rerun old event dolls to tie in, so it's a possibility. However Dream Valley is also relatively new to the scene, so they haven't established much of a record yet to predict what they will do.

I think if you're absolutely enamoured with it, you should consider purchasing it anyway since you can always mod it. That said, are you talking specifically about the baby bees? Because they seem genderless to me, you could make them anything you like. The 1/4 bees are intended male, but tbh you could mod them. Pinch the waist in, sculpt some breasts, etc - or purchase a 1/4 female torso and drill holes in the back for wings, etc. That's quite a bit of work, but... if you are very set on having a bee, it could be a safer option than leaving it. It's anyone's guess whether they will reprise this event, they only did that once before for an event that seemed particularly popular.

12. I definitely wouldn't count on them releasing a female version, but you can try dropping them an email to see if they respond.

13. I was talking about the 1/4 boys but I also want a baby bee <3, I think the alterations are reasonable, it just seems a lot to do for the already high price? I’ll see how I feel near the end of the event I think?

14. Yes! I sent a short email just in case, I figure they’ll say no if they will not and say they can’t say if they were planning to. Or see if they’d be willing to make any changes for me (I think the butt is the same for male or female so it’d be wing holes for the back only hopefully?)

15. They might for a future sale. They did for the yo sized wolves. The first time the released them it was just the 2 boys glen and aiden then for a more recent sale they also had a girl wolf julie

16. That’s what I was hoping but I think they only did a boy version of the dragon 1:4 doll, and I thought that release was more similar?

17. They still might. The 1/4 dragon boys are newer, i dont think any of them have shipped yet. So they might do a girl dragon even, someday in a future release. And sending a message asking for a girl bee will help, they are more likely to make things they know will sell

18. What size eyes do people use for silence and hyaline? Could anyone show me 12mm and 14mm? I have both on order and am trying to plan

19. I just wanted to say: My Greyson dragon boy has taken flight -^3^-
      I'm hoping to have him home soon and be able to share here. :love<3

20. My order just got here today and wow! I got Silence and Hyaline with opposing monster arms. Im really impressed, They are beautiful, the resin feels great, not a single seam anywhere. And they pose even better than i expected. I think the thigh joint works and looks better than any other doll ive had. Ill be posting some pics later and doing some tests with the monster arms.

Tags: