1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. @whooganana Did you find that your guys were really, really tight? I had to have Kheima's body restrung because he was frighteningly tight and creaked alarmingly whenever I moved any part of him. I almost couldn't get his head (SD Phiel) on because the DV body was so tightly strung.

2. Yes! They were ridiculously tight. I already restrung them last night since it was bothering me. I had some trouble though, because the string channels are very narrow, and i dont particularly like how the monster arm is strung with the legs. But they are looser now and still pose great and im going to be experimenting with the monster arms anyway. Right now ive one girl strung normal and the other with both monster arms instead of regular.
      I just have IG to share right now, but heres a quick shot of them

#322 whooganana, Mar 7, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    3. Yeah, not keen on the arm being strung with the legs but there doesn't seem to be another way to do it. Kheima is still a great poser with looser stringing. The monster arm is a tiny bit less able to hold certain poses, but I'll take that over being afraid to move his parts for fear of damaging him.

4. Yes definitely. I hate when dolls squeak, it like nails on the chalkboard. Ill probaly wire the monster arms eventually too, to help it hold poses

5. Oh that‘s interesting info if I ever need to restring my 3-arm girl. Not changing much in the way of process of course but I like being mentally prepared!

I agree that Dream Valley really are some great posers! I have the (normal) boy body and one of their event fox-anthros additional to the girl one and all of them are really amazing!

6. I absolutely love the DV male msd body but like... he's s o t a l l

I have no idea who I could pair him with. I wish he was closer to the height (and price) of the female.

7. @ashbelEro I'm probably already a bit immune to size differences, but I honestly don't think they are THAT tall?
      I mean, yes they are taller than most, but they are not that taller, that it's... uh... weird?
      Here's a group pic of my DV hybrids (left boy and middle girl) with an Luts MDF girl: Wildcard Dragon on Instagram: “The 3 main figures of my ‚dark‘ kingdom amongst my BJD group. Left is the Dark Knight (a Souldoll Joelle head on a Dream Valley body),…”

He's like a head taller than the DV body hybridded girl and a head and some than the Luts MDF girl.
      Personally I don't think that's too big to come of weird as the average sized MSD girl, but I know a lot depends on personal preference :3 So there is that.

8. Got a comparison with DZ/DC/DV bodies in my flickr gallery if you want.

9. the tallness is fun. I love height variation. My three armed boy is gonna be the ringmaster of my monster circus so having him super tall I think should work well. Bwhahahaha.

10. I can't say a peep about size differences between couples because I have quite a few where that's a very deliberate thing. Kheima (SD Phiel head on DV 3-arm body) is partner to Ravir (Batchix Dark Elf). Their height difference isn't all that much at just 1cm or so and they're both skinny AF guys so it doesn't seem... noticeable. Kheima also has a very floofy wig.

The largest height gap in a pairing is between Fei-Lau/Khale and Sleet. Fei-Lau and Khale are 68cm. Sleet is 30cm. Moswen/Kijika are 46/58cm. Kulfi/Akusuo are 57/68cm. Wu-Tyr/Yalaren are 68/62cm. Malachite/Qayin/Ji-Sun are 57/60/62cm. Liroshan/Sancire are 53/51cm. Arjan/Oleander are 56/60cm.

Two of my pairs have large differences in height but it's not much of a thing because half of the couple are Nagas and the eye sort of "ignores" the height difference their tail gives them. Hylocereus/Deagan are 60/40cm and Dolf/Nassano are 30/45cm.

11. @Snowy
      It’s mostly that I prefer MSD size boys so I’d prefer them around 44-46. And also that this boy is a skinny who needs a bigger boyfriend. And I’d have to go up to the next size for that lol

12. @ashbelEro Well, there is bigger in height and there's bigger in overall body size. If you want bigger in height but not a lot bigger, your choices are somewhat limited.

SD Vito is 52cm, they are muscled and they're also available all the time. Raccoon Dolls are 51.5cm, fairly muscled and usually have an order period reasonably often. Batchix's boys are 51cm, skinny AF, but you can only find them 2nd hand and it's rare to do so. Soom ID51's are 51cm, muscled but releases are not frequent and they don't often hit the 2nd hand market. Aggati boys are 50cm and pretty buff but you need to watch their Flickr account for when an order period opens up. Granado did a crowdfund for a 53cm Lucifer (and there is one in the MP right now). Iple FID muscle body is 49.5cm and they are very buffed. Iple Creea-J are 50.5 and skinny AF (and an order period is open right now). Unoa Elder are 50cm but be advised that they don't have boy bits (if that's important to you) and I'm not sure how ordering them works.

If you want/need any shots of those alternates I've listed next to the DV 3-arm body, I can do that with the exception of the Aggati and Unoa boys as I don't own any of those. There are also a couple of other under 60cm/over 50cm boys kicking around but they're more on the upper limit (56-58cm). I have a couple of those, too, and could list them if you want.

13. @Iron_Dog

Thanks. I don’t really know yet. I think I’m just gonna keep an eye out for styles that look nice together.

14. @ashbelEro Oh, that’s a bit tricky then.
      Other than the suggestions already given, i can otherwise only think of maybe beheading you boy to put him on a shorter one and giving the boyfriend the bigger one. Or, if you need something in between the Dream Valley one and the Souldoll Vito one, maybe grab a Conarium boy/body.

If you need pics of the DV boy sitze with a Souldoll Vito, I have both and will be happy to provide pics if it helps finding a potential partner ;)

15. Actually, weird request... could you try the Vito head on the DV body? I’ve been wondering if that would work for other reasons.

16. There may be issues with the neck hole size between the DV body and the SD Vito head with the SD Vito head hole being too big. I can say with 100% accuracy that the SD Kid head fits bang on and the DV WSand SD WS and a near perfect match. Also depending on manufacturer, the SD VIto boys take a large/stretchy 6/7 or a smaller/tight 7/8 wig so the proportion of head/body might look a bit odd.

17. @ashbelEro Actually not a weird request at all! I'll try to do it tomorrow, when I have better light.

@Iron_Dog I agree, that might be the issue.
      I have a Souldoll Joelle on the DV body myself and it's a perfect fit - the WS also match great! Also agree on the head size. I have... 4 (I think) Vito heads and they variate quite in size. I'm using stretchy 6-7 on all of them thought XD

18. There are actually a couple SD Kid heads I was looking at... interesting idea.

19. @ashbelEro I'm biased as I have a Phiel head on the DV 3-arm body but in my opinion, the proportions are very nice/natural looking.

20. Pic? I was gonna check but your doll list is very long...

Tags: