1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. @ashbelEro Yes, the list is loooong. I'm at 64 dolls now. A good number of them are unusual/rarely seen, too. I didn't mean for that. It just happened that way.

I'll try to get some pics of Kheima in the next day or so as it's closing in on midnight in my neck of the woods and 7am comes hideously fast (or so it seems). He's currently blank and waiting his turn to get sent to the face-up artist. But he has his wig and eyes so yea for that. I still need to make him a shirt of some sort to allow for his 3rd arm. I'm planning on bringing him in to work with me tomorrow because my office is cool like that.

2. @ashbelEro Hi again :3 Here's the hybrid attempt. I think it's dependant on personal taste wether or not this one works out. Personally it wouldn't work for me, I prefer 6-7 sized heads on this kind of body.
      Wildcard Dragon on Instagram: “Pics from a #bjdhybrid request. It‘s a #dreamvalleybjd boy body combined with a #souldollvitoelan head. Depending on taste this xould work,…”

@Iron_Dog XD That sounds totally like something I would say (about the collection).

Also: Surprise today! Last time I checked this morning, my DV parcel had only just left china. Well.
      The post officer apparently didn't knew that XD I got two parcels today.

Link to pics (nude and fullset + Gary (blank) + another doll of mine at the end): Wildcard Dragon on Instagram: “Surprise arrival alert!!! This handsome and strong dragon is #dreamvalleybjd ‚s Grayson! I purchased his fullset (for once) and only…”

3. @Snowy I love the jacket on the DV body/SD Vito head shot. Where did you get it? Also the Grayson looks great. I like the body a lot and especially the little hands on the top joint of his wings.

4. @Iron_Dog :blush Thank you. I made it myself. I mostly dress my MSD cast in medival/fantasy and similar clothes. I always pic up fabrics with small patterns that could work whenever I spot some. Cause if I don't snatch them when I see them, I dare betting it won't be there anymore when I actually have a use for it XD

I love nearly everything about the Grayson. What I just realized that I don't like, is that the dark colored parts already left thin black lines here and there (like drawn on with a pencil, but they aren't). Some are on his chin I mostly got them faded already, but I dare not rub longer.
      I also don't know what it is, but the pants need to go. I need to think of a replacement, cause I don't want the butt to be flashed on the backside for some 'mooning', but ... yeah ^^° i already can hear myself grumbling about having to unhook the claw-legs again and rehook them but ... somehow I don't like the pants on MY Grayson, even thought I didn't mind them at all on the company pics.

5. @Snowy I hear you on the fabric front. I have an embarrassing amount of fabric for doll clothes because like you, if I see something I believe will work for my guys, I snatch it up. I frequently buy fancy cloth napkins at the second-hand store as generally 1 napkin is just enough fabric to make a pair of pants or a short sleeve shirt/jacket and usually any patterns are fairly small.

I had a chainmail crotch cover made for Skerren (Akhmel Nathan) but he almost always goes without because he doesn't like wearing clothes. Darius (RS Pixiu) is the same way. I need to fight them to get them into something that covers at least the parts that need to be covered in polite company.

6. I'm having trouble figuring out a wig for Grayson. His fullset one, is it a regular wig or is it specially shaped? I tried a few wigs I had here and honestly NONE of them worked that well with his horns so i'm a little stumped.

7. Ooh yeah @Snowy I’m not digging that. Too big. Something smaller would be better. I only really like big heads on kid-looking dolls lol.

8. @Iron_Dog: Team fabric prepared! *high-fives*
      Unfortunately cloth napkins are not a thing where I live - at all. But my fabric store is cool. You can even just buy 20 or 30 cm.

That said, I really need a name for my Grayson ^^° I might keep Grayson as last name actually.
      XD Dolls who don't want clothes or don't need shoes can be as much of a blessing as a curse XD
      But after today I get the fighting them into clothes parts. Wowies. Resitance is a hand cramp, honestly.

@purple_monkfish His fullset wig is unfortunately a regular one. I'm usually working with Velcro and I honestly think that is what's working out here too, or I can't see how the wig would hold otherwise, as the horns kinda push it back.
      I've been considering getting one of those wigs with the ... uh... I have honestly no clue what they are called. Those with the middle part longer, then a kind of circular (backwards) shape until the ears? That might just be the perfect hairstyle for those horns ^^°

I actually only got the wig, cause I thought it to be pretty. I never planned mine for Grayson, but for now it will do :3

@ashbelEro Same actually. Maybe look into Souldolls MSD size and Vito girl heads :3

9. yeah i'm thinking he may very well need a custom wig. I'm trying to decide whether longer or shorter. Disadvantage of longer is it'll get tangled in his wings CONSTANTLY which may drive me insane. Maybe a nice long braid hahaha.

10. I've also bought fat squares at Wal-mart, which are a nice size for sewing for the MSD or short SD range. Baby clothes at the 2nd hand place can be good for doll stuff, too, as the prints are usually small and the fabric thin/light. I'll also buy stuff at the Dollar Store to scavenge for fabric for doll items.

11. Autumn in his temporary wig and eyes.
      [​IMG]

12. @xyuemoto Oooh, Autumns cool! Love the color on his horns, and looks like even his temporary wig has a good fit!

13. Thanks. I'm hoping the wig I ordered for him to be the permanent wig works well too, haha.

14. Hi! So I literally just emailed Denver doll about ordering the B4-03 body twice but one with a right monster hand and one with a left monster hand. I saw someone mention on page 12/13 that there is a difference AND then I saw someone throw the monster hand into the normal shoulder socket and now I’m foaming at the mouth about the response from them. Does anyone know where/how I can order both bodies?(one right, one left)

15. Legend Doll is a dealer for DV. I purchased Kheima's body through them and I've been very happy with their service for both dolls and items like clothes, wigs and eyes.

16. also jeeryama /Clover Singing is a DV authorized dealer and has a sale on -15% for a few more days, if you explain what you want with the monster arms i'm sure she could help you too, so you have options :thumbup

17. Would I just email them? I've read their English isn't the best and I want to make sure I explain things as best as possible for them, any ideas on how to word the email?

18. i'll dm if you're ok with that :thumbup

19. I sent you a conversation request!

20. That was probably me. I ordered mine from Alice's collections. I have both long monster arms on one body instead of the regular arms and I love it! I just received them a couple weeks ago so I haven't done much with her yet other than restring her arms (which was a little different). If you do get them be aware when you go to restring them the monster arm is on the same string as the head and legs so be prepared for a full restringing with new elastic because the pieces they come with are not the right length for the new configuration.

Here's some real quick pics showing the hands/arms

#360 whooganana, Mar 29, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
Tags: