1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. i quickly used my sister’s instagram(as I don’t have one) to look at your pictures and oh my gosh! That doll is stunning! I think I’ll definitely be sending her out to her restrung. Do you know where I can get new elastic so I can send her with it? And do you remember what elastic you used? ♥️

2. @whooganana - wow that looks fantastic thank you for sharing :thumbup
      i'm so in with that crazy monster arm. i love every last minute of it. <3

3. Thank you guys! I just used some elastic I had, Im sorry i don't remember where I ordered it from. Whenever I order a doll if they have elastic for sale in their shop I order a spare..I think I used 3mm, I looked through my stash and picked whatever looked the closest size. But its a pretty tight fit, at some point I will try thinner elastic and wire. I think that might help posing since the arms at so long, the don't like to stay lifted.

And sorry about the Insta link, I've had trouble with most other picture sites not showing on here

4. @whooganana Wooooooooooooow! How cool! So now they DO have both arms XD I think I asked when they had just released their first creatiosn, but they only had the ... left? arms at that point, so they couldn't fulfill my request back then XD
      O.O Also, their tan... is... reaaaaaaaaaaally pretty.
      Thanks for sharing -^3^-

5. I second needing new elastic. When I had Kheima re-strung because he was frighteningly tight, there was literally no elastic to spare to re-use for anything and it had to be cut. There is a bit less... poseability in his arm now that he's looser in that it won't stay in poses as well as when he was painfully tight but I'll take that any day over being afraid to move his joints due to extreme tightness. Unfortunately I don't know what size elastic was used to re-string him as I had him re-strung for me at a local doll shop.

6. Thank you!

Oh I know I hated how tight mine were. They were so tight they squeaked every time I touched them.

Also mine is normal pink skin, its really pretty too. But I really want a tan at some point also

7. @whooganana Yes, exactly. I almost couldn't get Kheima's head on him because he was so tightly strung. he's not floppy by any means now but I'd say he's at least 25% looser than when I got him.

Also, for anyone planning to restring their body with the monster arm, the fingers are strung entirely separately so as long as the hook at the wrist doesn't take flight on you, you don't need to worry about re-stringing those.

8. Autumn and Runeleaf in a relaxing winter day .
      [​IMG]

9. Can anyone advise how do you look for clothes for 1/4 DV doll?

10. regular msd stuff KINDA fits but it's too short in the limbs. Trousers are like a good couple of inches too short and sleeves are a bit short.

11. I see...thank you for your advise! :3nodding: i wonder if i should get SD clothes instead? I want to make own clothes but still failed with sewing :...(

12. SD sizes may be too big especially as these guys are on the skinny side.

13. some of the clothing makers show their basic measurements. granted, it's not precise, but it helped me gauge that brand's general sizing. i wound up buying some SD17 (?) i think - like the "youth" size in SD and that worked for some of my MSD 1/4 sized for long arms/legs - i have a lot of DV & DC haha

14. Aw, has anyone seen the new make-up and look for Alison and Clorise? I never looked at them before but I am in love with Alison! :D

15. I'm trying to decide what to do with the blushing on my boy's monster arm. Maybe some sickly browns and blacks etc to make it look more creepy? I dunno.

I'm kinda flip flopping on Grayson though. He's awesome but at the same time i'm finding him really intimidating. His wings and tail will make clothing awkward and his horns mean a wig is gonna be a nightmare to figure out as well.
      I was going to dye him but i'm not sure I have the courage to take him apart and attempt that. My last attempt at dying ended up pretty splotchy and unsatisfying and i'm scared i'll "ruin" him.

I dunno. I'm just... i'm not feeling very inspired by him and it's bumming me out.

Meanwhile my Vine (Who's name is Sebastian) has a face now and i'm trying to figure out clothing. He needs a ringmaster outfit specially designed to accomidate that third arm but i'm not even sure where to start with that. I'm thinking it might honestly be easier for me to simply alter existing stuff but I dunno. As it stands though, it seems to be impossible to find a dang jacket that's appropriate anyway. *sigh*
      i'm getting frustrated with the selection for bjds right now. Clothing is SO limited if you can't sew.

16. I accidentally found Kheima's style when I dressed him in a rush one morning to bring him to work. I'd picked up some pants on a whim at the local bjd store (rrabbit SD girl hakama I think) that fit him perfectly but I had no shirt/jacket that would work because of his extra arm and I hadn't gotten around to sewing him anything yet. I grabbed a thin, long decorative scarf and wrapped it around his torso and secured it at his waist with a large jewelled pin and BAM! This is now apparently what he wears.

17. Would anyone mind taking a picture of the inside of one of their dolls heads? Specifically I want to see what the eye slots are like on the interior. Basically how much room there is to mess with size and shape.

18. @Kiegea - i have a 1/3 Elias and a 1/4 Vine, to me there is plenty of room to work. Supposedly both come with 16mm eyes, I admit i haven't measured since i liked what came with the full set. i didn't receive eyes with Elias and i haven't tried to set him up yet. so no data yet.
      hope that helps a little, let me know if there was a different angle you wanted. :thumbup
      [​IMG]

#378 Grimalkin, Apr 13, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    19. Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate how fast you've responded as well. :]

20. You're welcome, i had pulled out everything to do some photos over the weekend :thumbup
      i just tried those wooden sticks in Elias, and the 14mm seems like a true dome would gap a little. Oval might be best.
      16mm was ok still a bit gappy with a true sphere, but even 18mm & 20mm fit inside the wells in his noggin.

the eye openings on the face are pretty long on Elias, and i would think Athos is similar, though mine hasn't arrived yet to check.
      The 18mm fit best for dome, and depending on the look you wanted, a small iris would be more realistic and a "standard" iris would appear more fantasy or "bambi-eyed" since he is "half open" eyed.

Tags: